#LloydsTSB : Lloyds TSB Credit Info

Sol
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4751 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My friend had an account with Lloyds a year or so ago. He was the victim of fraud and this badly affected his credit rating. Lloyds accepted the evidence of this and wrote off any debt. However, he carried out a credit check with Experian and Equifax last week and found that Lloyds still have this data on his credit files. The account is showing as 'settled' rather than defaulted.

I told him to contact the bank today regarding this as, in my view, this should have been deleted. He contacted me earlier to say the bank have stated that as it is settled, they can't remove it from his files. The woman also said that as it wasn't a default, any job he goes for that involves a credit check wouldn't be affected.

Now I am pretty sure that is a load of rubbish, to put it politely, but I wanted to find out what the next steps are. I was thinking the ICO, but then I wondered if the FOS or the FSA should be involved first. Any help appreciated.

If it is marked a settled then this is just as good as if he had had a loan and paid up, there is nothing they can do, it is not an adverse marker and will not affect his credit rating.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The info he sees, and any potential lenders see, are quite different, if the account is showing settled, then that is what the lender will see, however it might be worth asking whoever placed the incorrect adverse data on the file to confirm that this can not be seen by potential lenders and will have no affect on his credit rating, a copy of the letter should be sent to the CRA also.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!