style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3703 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey all,

I'm new to all this but I really need people's advice if possible please.

I purchased a laptop in 2008 along with "Whatever Happens" policy anyway I had the problem it would show the battery is fully charged and once removed it 5 minutes later it would just switch off.

So basically I took it into PC World and told them the problem and said it would be sent off to the TechGuys and would have it back soon.

3 weeks later it comes back and still the same problem but underneath I had deep cracks in the plastic and phoned there head office on a Sunday to find out apparently a new LCD was fitted (although there was no record of any work done on the job sheet) but if I took it back to the local store they would send it back and get it sorted by getting a new cover for the bottom.

Today is day 23 and had a call to say the parts have been ordered and they are waiting for them to come in (now why has it took 23 days for someone to tell me this I don't know).

So I was wondering should I wait till Monday as it would be 28 days and I would be entitled to a voucher (according to the Whatever Happens Document) or should I go in there and say its now 6 weeks and I want a voucher?

If you need so more information I will try my best to answer.

Thanks for any advice given and your time given up to read this post.

Craig

Hi dag

Welcome to CAG

The guys will advise as soon as they are available.

Theres some useful info from the OFT on SOGA, number 10 in my signature.

How long between receiving it back and contacting them again did you wait?

If you get back in touch pretty quickly then it's considered a single job and not a new one, so you may already be over the 28 days.

Hi there,

I work for DSG stores so I will try my best to advise you.

Firstly is it a battery fault if so it is not covered under WEH. In addition cosmetic damaged which does not affect safety nor operation of the machine is not included.

With regards to your 28 days it begins from date of collection or the date it is handed into store. Also please note we currently are moving things in house as much as possible when ti comes to repairs as we just cancelled the contract with an outside repairer (coincides roughly with when you sent for initial repair).

cracks caused during repair are never classed as "cosmetic" we always aim to return in the same or better condition

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Sorry I was extremely tired when I replied this morning. We will help if we damaged the laptop. Was it done as a store collection or a pick up from your home?