##parking : #private parking' fine' - no speculative invoice...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4726 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi ,

Im currently fighting a case with a private parking organisation, I never recieved a fine from them intially and then they sent me a second series of fines for 90.00.

Ive appealed against the decision however they have refused to remove the fine as they have sighted they have a picture of my car parked there, however ive sent two letters now advising I have never recieved a fine from them they issued a picture of the back of my car in that area and that they know all of there attendants issue fines... however I have asked them for evidence that a fine was placed on my car and they now say there attendants dont take photos but believe they have a strong case as I was in that area, Ive never disputed i wasnt there just i have never recieved a parking fine at all and feel its unjust to come out of the blue when it wasnt even placed on my car.

would anyone be able to please advsie me on this please?

As a private parking compnay do they have any further rights to proceed if the this fine is not paid? ive already issued letters disputing this case twice

Dunno why you have entered into dispute with these people. You are taking them too seriously! There's NO FINE!

Read the sticky threads on ..............., including Watchdiog and all:

You will soon realise why disputing was a waste of time. Do not reply to them again, let them send out the usual threatopgrams

Edited by dx100uk
external site refs removed - please read the rules

there is also the info on our stickies

no need to reference to go elsewhere and further confuse the member.

if you are going to post on cag then point to cag recources please

dx

stieteam

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

there is also the info on our stickies

dx

stieteam

If you can show me where the CAG stickies include the letter-chains pictures (which another site starting with 'P' is more than happy to have as a sticky even though it links to a certain 'M' site) I will gladly point people to that CAG resource.

And have I also missed the CAG sticky with the Watchdog video?

Those are the two most useful links that I wanted this OP to see, maybe I have missed them on here?

If I have then apologies but I have never seen an info forum website that gags any mention of other info forum websites...can I really not give people the best links?

Heres is the link to the main forum & sticky area where the parking details are

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?88-Parking-Traffic-Offences

My point exactly. You have just confirmed what I said, and yes of course I had double-checked the stickies first before typing the above!

AFAIK the stickies here do not show the Watchdog (May 2010 with Tim Cary) link and do not show the letters that PPCs send out. I was trying to help the OP with some links that most newbies on the other 2 forums (like it or not, this is one of 3) find to be the best.

Thanks anyway but these links tell me nothing I don't already know and IMHO would not be the simplest way to explain to a newbie what happens. The letter-chain pictures tell even a PPC novice what to expect and the Watchdog youtube link always gives newbies the confidence to know they can safely ignore it (a Watchdog-endorsed Solicitor being a particularly believable/trustworthy source to reinforce advice on an anonymous forum).

I am just trying to help the OP and post the links I did all the time on other forums, I have never been gagged before (didn't even use the S-word!) and still no-one has shown me CAG's version of the 'Watchdog' and 'PPC letter-chains' links.

If those important links are missing on CAG parking board stickies could they be considered for adding please?

Edited by Coupon

What a typical knee-jerk response. If resources helpful to users are available elewhere but not on CAG, then they don't exist

What a typical knee-jerk response. If resources helpful to users are available elewhere but not on CAG, then they don't exist

Apparently not! Many thanks for your support.

But there's a big world wide web out there and much of the info is very useful, even if it means - dare I say it?! - a link to another forum. Can't believe that the most useful links that do not (yet ) appear in C.A.G. stickies are banned??

• 3 weeks later...

I have now been issued with a 110.00 fine from a company called ethical debt recovery servcies, i now presume this should be a point I will now need to take action if this is now with a debt recovery service your responses would be appreciated

I have now been issued with a 110.00 fine from a company called ethical debt recovery servcies, i now presume this should be a point I will now need to take action if this is now with a debt recovery service your responses would be appreciated

NO YOU HAVE NOT!

You have been issued an 'Invoice'

Ignore!

i now presume this should be a point I will now need to take action if this is now with a debt recovery service
That's precisely what the letter is designed to do - to appear as if they're upping their game. The reality is it's just more of the same, so continue to ignore.

See now this is why I wanted to give this poster the best links earlier (see a few posts above). Then he/she would have known that debt-collector threatograms are standard guff that can just be ignored, and he would have known to expect the letters rather than have been worried like this.

With respect to the mods, - is this what CAG wants? Partial answers with no useful links (CAG stickies do not help with PPC tickets I am afraid, whereas the other 2 main forums cross-reference each other without problems, showing the Watchdog clip and PPC letter-chains).

I wanted to show him 'PPC letter chains, what to expect' which is a pictogram thread but it's on another forum. If my link had been allowed to stay put caljak would have been helped earlier.

caljak, please Google 'PPC letter chains, what to expect' and click on the link to a certain forum in another place, by a certain Martin Lewis.

P.S. This is silly. This poster is crying out for a link.

i now presume this should be a point I will now need to take action

Yes you do need to take an action and that is pick up the letter and take it to the waste bin

The debt collector letters are part of the game and is more than the likely the PPC wearing a different hat or sitting at a different desk.

Once they realise you have not fallen for these they will probably send a solicitors letter in reality the same PPC but a different hat and different desk so you will have a lot more trips to the bin over the coming weeks maybe months

PPC invoices are becoming a part of life as these wretched companies now seem infest just about every store car park with petty rules designed to catch the unwary and make them pay an unjustifiable amount for breaking them by sending out invoices dressed up to look like a official council or police pcn/fpn. For more effect they will use red ink and even capital letters but this does not change the fact that they are waste paper and unenforceable

They rely on a percentage of people believing they have genuine 'fine' and not realising that it is just an invoice and paying up without thinking

Have never paid any PPC invoice most of which had had photos of a car and enlargement of a number plate and on the few occasions they have phoned pretending to be a solicitor they have been invited to take me to court and guess what - it has never happened and never will because they know full well that they would lose

Follow the advice given and ignore everything - you are one of the lucky ones and have not become a victim of these con artistes