Claim was a success!!

rbarkerd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6431 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

Have been reading alot of things on here, which prompted me to start my own claim.

I didnt exactly follow the advice set out by the book with the timescales, due to not having time! But I have a letter turn up today from HSBC advising me what the charges are for, and that if the claim goes to court they believe that they would "successfully resist the legal challenge", however they are "mindful of the management time and irrecoverable legal costs involved".

My original claim was for £368, HSBC have offered to credit my account with £330 within 7days, with no admission of liability from them. For the sake of £38 I am inclined to accept their offer, do you think this is wrong?

Timeline of events:

Monday 3rd July 2006, First letter sent by post, advising that I am requesting the charges back.

Tuesday 1st August 2006, called HSBC who said they have no record of recieving the letter. Sent again by email to [email protected]

Wednesday 16th August 2006, no response to letter. Letter before action sent by email to [email protected]

Thursday 7th August 2006, no response to letter. Called HSBC customer relations for an update. Young lady put me on hold to look into it then came back and said there was no update on this yet but she would get someone to contact me by post to advise they are still looking into it. I was not happy about this as I believed they had been given more than enough time, however I bit the bullet and decided to give them until Wednesday 13th September.

Wednesday 13th September 2006, came home from a long weekend away to find a letter dated Monday 11th September from HSBC, accepting my claim back of the charges, £38 short.

All letters that I sent were of templates from this website, and when emails were sent I would keep a copy of the sent item, and a copy of HSBC's acknowlegement email as a paper trail for myself.

Thanks to a great site, I should be £330 richer in the next 7 days!!

Personally, I would hold out for every penny. It is your money that they have taken unlawfully from you. They will give it you back, if you are prepared to wait.....

HSBC - Received offer for 3621, accepted confidentiality crossed out. Money in bank 10/10/06!

Barclaycard - 180.00 LBA sent 5/10/2006

72.00 offered, rejected.

MBNA - S.A.R sent 13/9/2006 :idea:

Mint - 244.00 prelim sent 30/9/2006

Dorothy Perkins and GE money - S.A.R sent 30/9/2006

Simpley BE - S.A.R sent 30/9/2006

What I say is of my own opinion. Seek professional legal advice if need be.

If I have helped, tip the scales! Thank you x :)