Barclays Bank Collections

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4744 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, hope your all okay, just wondering if you can give me some advice on these people.

Have 2 different amounts owed on two different accounts, dont even ask how i got into that situation its a long story lol...however i contacted them to advise i had taken some advice and sent them proposals of payments alongside my income and expenditure....

I have had to send this twice as they say they havent recieved it....the know how much ive proposing, they know im on maternity leave and this is the reason i have been unable to offer more etc.....they told me to simply wait for them to get back to me as my proposal paperword will be in the process of being dealt with...

I then got a phone call saying they still hadnt recieved it and in order for me to deal with them i would have to contact somebody to deal with on my behalf like a debt management company....I asked them why i would need to do this as I have sent them all the information that they would be sending them anyways and she just said they would prefer to deal with a dmp.......i dont see why or how this make any difference, can somebody please explain to me....they have put my accounts on hold for 14 days while i look into this, i dont feel the need to have a dmp as i have dealt with most of my creditors myself and am really doing well in setting up payment plans....

any help/advice would be great xx

:-) 19/01/2011 Reclaimed £313.93 Capital One Credit Card Charges

:razz: 23/03/2011 Reclaimed £140.00 Studio Catalogue Charges

8-) 30/03/2011 Reclaimed £84.00 Fashion World Charges

:-) 30/03/2011 Reclaimed £132.00 Brilliant Gift Shop Charges

:razz: 04/04/2011 Reclaimed £180.00 JD Williams Charges

Hi it seems that Barclays are very good at not receiving information when the information doesn't suit them, if you don't wish to be on a DMP then you don't have to. Just send them a reasonable payment for each debt, you don't have to send them income and expenditure forums if you do not wish to. If Barclays do not like the payments you are sending then it is up to them to do something about it.

Dpick

Hi there, thanks for your reply....I didnt think i had to do a dmp, but they were quite insistent they wouldnt accept my proposals if i wasnt, I have definately been reasonable regarding my proposas and even told them i would be able to reivew the situation in 9 months time when i go back to work etc. Thanks for the advice. I think I will send the proposals again...one last time.....and then just start making my payments and if the have issues then they can get in touch with me..... such a mission with these people. Ive had hardly any problems with other creditors so far and been realy suprised at how easy things have been...theres always one though lol xx

They cant insist on you using a DMC you are perfectly within your rights to deal with it yourself and directly with the creditor.

Personally i dislike DMC as they charge you and less money goes to the creditor. There is no logical reason for them to ask you to use a DMC

BTW did you send everything recorded? if so you can prove delivery as it would be signed for.

Citi Cards - £800 - N1 Form logged at court

Defence entered

£279 refuned £521 outstanding on claim

Hearing 15th Nov 2006

Hearing 18th Jan 2007

Defence Stuck out - £549

March 07 Bailiffs called in to collect

20/4 Cheque for £549 - I WIN

Abbey - Setteled in full 9th Nov 2006 £3,300

Abbey - Data Protetion Act informtion

ICO complaint logged

Abbey - N1 Logged - 12/02/2007 £933

FOS Complaint logged 07/03/2007

£180 refunued -Good will Gesture 01/04/2007

Hearing 15th June 2007

Capital One Refunded £50

Egg - Data Protection Act request

Returned charges £80

thats what i thought, also setting up a dmp will just be even more hassle and time for both them and myself and i also thought that a dmp proposal would be less money than what im probably offering!

I didnt send them recorded!!! doh! but i am going to send them again this week recorded, i should have done it first time round but as i had been sucessful with others i didnt think id have problems espcially with a big organisation. obviously not! lol so do i not have to send income and expenditure or is it a good idea to back up my proposals?xx

good idea!! Also do you know who barclays pass their accounts to when they close them, at the moment they are still with the collections team but evern though they "havent recieved my proposals" and told me to get the CAB or a DMC involved and send them the proposals they said they probably would be able to accept such low payments but that when they close the accounts and send to their recovery agents they may be able to.....i just get told different things all the time but i have been writing all the conversations etc down so i know what rubbish they keep spouting off at me...are barclays notoriously difficult to set up payment arrangements with, baby due anyday now and would really like to sort it with them xxx

To be honest I think you'll find people have postive and negative stories to tell about all banks. I happen to have a friend who is having an absolute nightmare with Barclays and know of a couple of others, but I would imagine there are some good dealings out there as well.