BankFodder BankFodder

Kamalamrani

Making a repayment offer

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3192 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I want to write to Halifax to make the an offer to pay back my student overdraft, which Moorecroft are now threating me with court actions for. Is there any example letter of how i should word my letter?

Thanks

heres a link, theres many out there you can search for.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?20758#post162363

who actually owns the debt now? halifax or moorcroft?

Ive been doing the same with a few of my accounts and i would say dont trust anything said and to and feedback on whats happening on this site.

From using the forum i have gained knowledge and confidence in dealing with dcas and the banks

well dont fall for moorcraps threats - as that is all they are.

they can do nowt to you

they have no powers to take anyone to court.

now, i'd not offer any F&F before looking at your CRA file...

what does that say?

dx

thanks for the replies and advice.

The debt is with Halifax. I finished University last year and started paying of my overdraft but then lost my job and was unable to keep up the payments. I have now received a letter from Moorecroft threating court. I want to keep paying making monthly payments until i get myself sorted and increase this and clear the debt.

then do so direct to the OC via internet banking.

ignore the DCA

dx

thanks for the replies and advice.

The debt is with Halifax. I finished University last year and started paying of my overdraft but then lost my job and was unable to keep up the payments. I have now received a letter from Moorecroft threating court. I want to keep paying making monthly payments until i get myself sorted and increase this and clear the debt.

hi, the letter you have received from the moorcr@p threating court , is what it is a threat another PRE COURT DIVISION, letter ignore it. never ever pay a dca!

Thanks for the advise guys.

Got a letter today which has really confused me. I made a payment of £50 to Halifax and will continue to do so every fortnight until the debt is fully paid off. However i received a letter today from Moorecroft acknowledging the payment but threating further court action if i continue to pay the Halifax and not them!!!!!!

what makes me think they are after fleecing you....

i wonder...

dx

However i received a letter today from Moorecroft acknowledging the payment but threating further court action if i continue to pay the Halifax and not them!!!!!!

Bullies! Make sure you only pay off what you actually owe the Hx - don't be giving them any little extras (sorry) that Moorcroft have added in fees, charges, interest or bar bills...

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.