• Tweets

• They said they investigated and offered me an apology only. They still won’t send me all the info I have requested numerous times. Given up! 
    • Thanks for this information it’s helpful i thought the default was from when an account defaulted so 2014. Not when it was sold ?  Is that correct ?    it’s just that now I don’t know if the default has ended in MAr 20 or not now until Mar 22 ?  Thanks 
    • Hello,   How are you progressing with Swift?
    • Interesting that dodo has only been there 10 minutes and tories are saying she should go as the public have 'lost faith' in test and trace   LOL Scapegoat Harding for the crap from before this version of trace a test and lie even existed. No sympathy from me though.  
    • OK, but I would advise that you keep clear in your mind what you want to achieve. I would think that you want to have free and clear title to the car.   To get that, I would say you already have enough to have your solicitor put a letter together and approach MB, without the co-operation of the seller. They may well just issue the title and you're done, after all I doubt this is the first time this has happened to them. If not, you can still pursue the seller via your solicitor but given that he is a scammer I wouldn't hold out much hope of him suddenly coming clean!   Just my opinion, I'm not a solicitor but I have been in situations not unlike this and know that it easy to make things more complicated for yourself by not 'keeping your eyes on the prize'.   Best of luck.
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

HFO Services helppppp

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3335 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

You can submit a complaint electronically to OFT with scanned documents and recording file attached - email address on the link I gave you

At your Service

Please Double click the Star and leave a message if I have helped you

Please support CAG and they will support you.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It means the subber will be subscribed to your thread and will get message alerts by email when there’s a new post. It’s useful if often like me you use your phone to access and post (where there are no thread tools). Otherwise you can add a subscription via the thread tools.

In other words, another person wants to help you out.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

Hi all thanks for your help

I have sent the all three letters yesterday recorded post with Postal orders....

Also had complained to Consumer Direct before my post here who logged a complaint with Trading Standards

But Ive have complained to ICO & OFT with various documents and recordings

So now what happens i wait 12+2 days and send dispute letter unless they respond with all information

Can they take legal action?

Will they still call me at work, try to talk to my manager, post stuff to work or even talk to other departments as threatened.

Correct - wait 12 plus 2 working days and then send the account in dispute letter. They should not be contacting you at all and the account in dispute letter should stop them, but this crew are nasty and may try until you put the account in dispute. Any contact with your employer or employment is completely out of order, if they try this log all their activities and send them a short letter saying that their behaviour has been reported to TS and OFT and must cease. Make sure that you report it. Avoid speaking to them and inform your employer that these people are harassing you and this has been reported to the Office of Fair Trading.

At your Service

Hi all thanks for your help

I have sent the all three letters yesterday recorded post with Postal orders....

Also had complained to Consumer Direct before my post here who logged a complaint with Trading Standards

But Ive have complained to ICO & OFT with various documents and recordings

So now what happens i wait 12+2 days and send dispute letter unless they respond with all information

Can they take legal action?

Will they still call me at work, try to talk to my manager, post stuff to work or even talk to other departments as threatened.

You've made your initial complaint, now I would make it my goal to report everything they do to trading standards tbh. I would also let TS know that I have recordings of them flouting the collection guidelines. That's what I would do.

As to your question yes they can still chase you but not at work and certainly not contact your hour dept. Also they will continue to mark your creditfile.

S.

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

Sit back and watch the s**t hit the s**ts.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

Don't count the bank holidays or weekends, just the working days

At your Service

Hi all

The same letter received today "Using home address" :) dated a different date saying the sam as before 7 days to get in touch (do I ignore and wait for a response to my cca)

Also checked my Credit rReport with Equifax

No Barclaycard on at all Just HFO Services Ltd has a default date of May 07 (last payment to Bcard May 06)????

well that confirms that hfo has brought the debt anyhow as they now have their name by the default that bc had put on.

when a debt is brought, the names on the cra change.

pers i'd totally ignore them for now.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

received emails back form my complaints made which is good just have forms to sign so they can use them:)

also received reply to SAR all i have enclosed is statement from 2005 - Apr 2007 says in letter they are sending all personal information they have on me . Copies of statements enclosed with this letter

No signed agreements

No sale details

I am so lost

You need to ask why there is no information recorded of to who and when the account was sold, if the statement finish Apr 2007 this when the account would have been sold.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

It might be worth a phone call to the directors office tel no 0844 0903111 , Mr Paul Hart ot Mathew Thompson, explain you have done a data SAR and spoken to Barclaycard collections and nowhere is it recorded to who and when the account was sold and you want to know this information and in writing.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Hi All

Another letter same one as previous 2 (1st to work) (2nd to home) (this one work)

But to work again :-xeven thought i have sent a letter (recorded post ) to only contact me using my home address and to remove all work details.

I guess more evidence for regulators

Is there something i can send to them as even with a written request to remove these detail they have not.

Think Friday i can send my dispute letter as still no response to that

Called barclaycard and asked for copies of who and when they sold in writing

Letter before action is required.

seems strange they are sending letters to your works ad

that will instantly get them in deep dodo

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Letter before action simply states that if they persist in contacting you a work when told not to and given an alternate contact, you will commence legal action for compensation for harassment, and will also contact the police re criminal harassment. You have to do some of the work – there isn’t a template for everything. Oh that life were so simple...

Hi

Thanks for the content advice will get sent out asap

Do DCAs send things recorded delivery? as i have come home to find a Royal Mail Card delivered for a Recorded Sign for Packet and i am not expecting a delivery of anything?

Edited by qwerty007
Spelling

Try mentioning OFT Guidance Para 2.2 g.

'' It is unfair to ignore or disregard debtors legitimate wishes in respect of when and where

to contact them.etc.

Para 2.6j may also be effective ''acting in an embarrassing way which phoning or posting letters to your work can be very difficult

as some employers open all post that comes into their premises.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Looks like the information from my SAR is arriving in batches

I have recived statements today letters, reports & collections

but still no agreement or notice od assignment

But still time

Nothing from HFO yet and I think my 12 + 2 days are over now

Edited by qwerty007
spelling