HFO Services helppppp

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4585 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

hope you can help

Received a call from these guys last Thursday at work saying they had sent me a letter which i had ignored Iasked them to send it again as i have not received this. Then they asked how would i like to pay.. I said give me your number i will call back later to discuss of which they then said they would send post to work and wanted to talk to my manager, i took some details and said i would be intouch around lunch time.

As leaving for lunch they called again, which she responded i had just left and then they asked to talk to my Manager (surely they can not do this)

I called them back asking them to call me on an alternative number and use my home address they said they would continue to use my work details , made threats about court action attachement to earnings etc.

Today received a letter at work addressed to myself but all post is opened so all my collegues probaly now know the content of this document. Also received another call at work whilst at Lunch.

I have logged a complaint with Consumer Direct and have a ref number and advised a letter to remove all work details as advised verbally and also advised complaining to ICO which is in progress.

I need help with what letter/letters to send to send to HFO as only have 7 days to respond as they threating legal action etc worried about bank hols

Thanks

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome querty. Two years to make your first post, so I’m sure you’ve had a good look around at similar threads.

What they are doing is totally out of order. You must also complain to the OFT. They are breaking every rule in the book.

I’m guessing they do not have your home address and that is why they are contacting you at work? Have they sent you any letters?

Do you have any idea what they are calling you about? The likeliest thing is a Barclaycard from about 2005-2007. What does the letter say? Is it a ‘reminder’ notice of assignment?

Tell us all you can.

They say they posted to my home address so have the details and they confirmed these to myself. - Barclaycard year i do not know

Letter basically says summary

Reviewing account preparing indepth dossier to forward to solicitor. if i do not get in touchetc

You have made payment in the past and will not be able to raise a credible defence to legal action. A CCJ effect credit rateing etc.

Obtain enforcing judgement against you to obtain attachement of earnings etc.

Also obtain info against you to produce 3 years of finacial activity

To avoid escallation please call xxxxxx

Does it specifically say you will NOT be able to raise a defence, or you will PROBABLY be unable? What other letters have they sent, and when?

Use the harassment template letter in the templates section – demand contact in writing only.

Is it a Barclaycard?

If so, contact Barclaycard and ask them exactly when and to whom the account was sold – 0844 556 0066.

Let us know what they say and we’ll take it from there.

You need to do some very serious complaining.

Which is rubbish. They cannot know or assume what your defence may or may not be.

Tell as all you can, about the content of other letters, and get that call made to Barclaycard. It’s important. Make sure you ask them when a payment was last made by you on the account – the exact date, plus to whom and when the account was sold. Make sure they give you the full name of the company it was sold to.

When did you open the account? Did you have a dispute with Barclaycard? Tell us about the payment history.

Is this recent contact the first time you have ever heard from HFO? Have you moved home since the account was closed?

what is shown on your cra file

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

Do not speak to them on the phone ever, unless you can record the call. Say 'in writing only' and hang up. They will just tell you untruths.

Send them a CCA request and the telephone harassment letter. Also a SAR to Barclaycard. Complain to OFT and TS

Complaints

Trading Standards via http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact

OFT http://www.oft.gov.uk/ for the attention of James Waldron

Harassment Letter

To stop those annoying phone calls

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?493-Harassment-by-telephone-response-letter

SAR Request

Subject access request letter attached to send with £10 postal order - send recorded delivery and sign over the dotted area at the bottom. They have 40 days to reply.

Prove it letter

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?428-General-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

CCA Request

CCA letter to send with a £1 postal order by recorded delivery, do not sign. They have 12 plus 2 working days to reply. If nothing valid is received you can send a letter to put the account in dispute and this should stop them contacting you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?414-CCA-request-letter

Account in Dispute letter to send after 12 plus 2 working days

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?436-Failure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale

Standard SAR.doc

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

They cannot tell you lies or misinform you or misrepresent the true legal situation. If they do, it could cause them an awful lot of trouble. Just dont talk to them. In writing only. Always.

dont think i should say just asked them to remove work contact details they refused said they would continue to use and pass my details to the litigation team and contact my HR department (tried to embarass me basically)

If they threatened to contact your HR department, then send a copy of that recording to the OFT. They will get their gonads removed with a blunt instrument – that is a threat, and a menacing one. I would say that is criminal harassment.