#NatWest overdraft arrangement for repayment

swan1234
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4755 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, hope somebody out there can help me.

Last year i lost my job, which pushed me into financial difficulty. Ive sent them numerous letters and had many conversations with them.

i sent this letter

Sandra Gordon

Senior Manager

Group customer Relations

Business House F

Gogarburn

Edinburgh

EH12 1HQ

REF: Customer Service and Overdraft complaint

Dear Sandra Gordon,

I am writing to complain about the level of service received from Natwest.

On Monday March 28th 2011 I received my automated text message saying I was over £600 over drawn, after sheer panicking I attended my branch in Mold (flintshire). When I arrived at the branch to discuss the status on my account I was simply met by unhelpful arrogance and people unwilling to assist me in any way what so ever.

After refusing to leave the branch until I spoke with somebody I eventually was provided with a phone number to discuss my account as it was ‘above their level’

I lost my job in September 2010, where I regularly kept Natwest informed and that I may be entering financial difficulty, where I was praised for keeping the branch informed. In a matter of 6 months I have been met with refusals to withdraw cash, refusals to increase my overdraft, refusals to cancel direct debits and sheer snarling and rudeness from members of staff both over the phone and in branch.

My question to you surrounds bank charges, why is it that you always apply bank charges when there is no available funds, this causes you to receive yet again even more charges, this never getting out of the viscous banking astronomical charge cycle, and my second questions surrounds the notification of bank charges, I wish for you to prove communication of every single bank charge applied, as I do not believe I ever receive notification.

How do you expects persons to improve their accounts when you instantly at the click of a finger simply add ridiculous charges to somebody who is in financial difficulty, I find this to be a matter of greed, you as a bank thrive from astronomical fees and charges. So long as all banking managers are receiving their bonuses each year who cares about the petty customer in financial difficulty struggling to even have money for food and other bills.

My thankfulness springs from the manner in which this incident has caused me to rethink my errant financial ways. I noticed that whereas I personally attend to your telephone calls and letters, when I try to contact you, I am confronted by the impersonal, overcharging, pre-recorded, faceless entity that this bank has recently become.

After several months of (un)amusing banter back and forth, it became apparent that:

1. Natwest takes money whenever it feels like it

2. No two departments at Natwest are capable of communicating with each other

3. The people who deal with my letters are impossible to find on the company directors

I trust that at long last this matter will be addressed and I will receive a satisfactory response and full closure to this matter.

I look forwards to receiving your response within 14 days of receipt of this letter.

Yours Sincerely

Miss J G Davies

a further explanation, basically natwest now say that i have to pay £100 a month for 6 months, the first of which was supposed to be today.

Strangely enough....their are funds available and no payment has been taken.

I spent of 40 mins on hold to two different departments to try and get it confirmed that they had taken the payment however they told me they hadn't.

They were seeing completely different available balances on the account to what i could see online, and it would appear to me that my overdraft balance is that of 342 not 600....yet no payment has been taken.

I'm ever so confused and worried and i'm not sure what to do.....

Can anybody suggest anything?