Old CCJ Advice needed!!!

PaddyCJ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3862 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I have an old CCJ 2005, which was filed by Bryan Carter relating to a CapitalOne CC. I had no actually recollection of this until I got a call from Bryan Carter out of the blue Last year.

(Admittedly these were the sins of a past life, i.e.University)

After acquiring documentation from trustonline.org.uk, I called up NORTHAMPTON CCBC and they stated that I would need written confirmation that the CCJ amount had been satisfied so they could update my records, but my problem is I requested from CapitalOne written proof that I had made a payment of the CCJ amount but they refused to until the full amount had been paid.

This has been going back and forth for a while now and now Bryan Carter have become tele-pests again.

Also I noticed that the CapitalOne Credit agreement has been removed from my credit file, what does this mean??

Can someone please advise where I should start to resolve this?

Thanks

Hi All

I have an old CCJ 2005, which was filed by Bryan Carter relating to a CapitalOne CC. I had no actually recollection of this until I got a call from Bryan Carter out of the blue Last year.

(Admittedly these were the sins of a past life, i.e.University)

After acquiring documentation from trustonline.org.uk, I called up NORTHAMPTON CCBC and they stated that I would need written confirmation that the CCJ amount had been satisfied so they could update my records, but my problem is I requested from CapitalOne written proof that I had made a payment of the CCJ amount but they refused to until the full amount had been paid.

This has been going back and forth for a while now and now Bryan Carter have become tele-pests again.

Also I noticed that the CapitalOne Credit agreement has been removed from my credit file, what does this mean??

Can someone please advise where I should start to resolve this?

Thanks

Not sure you need to do anything. The CCJ will be removed from your credit file sometime this year.

Have you actually paid the CCJ?

Hi vjohn82,

I paid the amount to CapitalOne but NORTHAMPTON CCBC stated that they wanted documentation that I had. CapitalOne refused to provide any hence me not knowing where I stood.

i'm puzzled, what do they mean by the 'full amount'?

if you paid whst is in the judgement box, then they sre playing silly beggars and need to be told off for it.

if BC got a 'split claim' then you need to becareful.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delayed response I've been chasing this all up (and have been a bit preoccupied too).

So here's the latest update, and I hope it makes sense...

After some digging around through my old bank records I discovered that I made a payment of £177 not £244, (god knows why!!!) But that was directly to Capital one NOT Brian Carters.

I'm not sure whether I should go from here, should I pay the CCJ amount to Brian Carters and leave it at that with my CCJ satisfied?