style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5393 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Not sure if i have dione the right thing here, but here goes.

I have gone through all the correct procedures & finally have sent a claim to court for £1456 (inc. interest & court fees). However Halifax have just called me to say that my claim is incorrect & i have tried to claim back before the 6 year mark, they gave me an offer of £1366 over the phone. I declined, as the charges go back to Feb 2000 & there is just one for £25 (£37+ inc interest) so as a matter of principle i said i'd see them in court.

Now i'm worried what will happen & if i have done the right thing.

You have to give a good cause for your rejection if it comes to court, especially where the amount in dispute is so small.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

Not to sure what you mean, but £90 is a lot of money to me,even if it isnt to some judge. I find it annoying that the bank are quick to take money of you, yet reluctant to give it back. I can honestly say that i personally cannot justify the £90 for the sake of £37, are they taking the p***. I have all the statements which confirm that...... I am even more worried now, what is the worse case senario...... will i not get a penny back?

That is a hard one £90 is a lot of money you are right. The problem is the OFT are saying costs should be reduced to no more than £12 a time. So what I am getting at is if that had been my offer I would have accepted it because I didn't expect to get away without paying anything at all in charges. I am sure they will refund it all back to you. If not I think the judge will have reason to believe that you had been offered a reasonable offer. My offer was really bad at £92 on a claim of £1155 so little reason to accept.

Halifax

Sent LBA
27/6/06

Been on hol for a week, got home found letter from them dated
27/6/06 offer of £92 claiming £1155.10 so no deal.

Filed claim with Moneyclaim 12/07/06

Halifax acknowledged claim 25/7/06

Court papers received 28/7/06 Halifax intend to defend.

HALIFAX SETTLED IN FULL 1/8/06

Donation made

Birmingham Midshire (mortgage charges) Prelim letter sent 2nd Aug 2006, full offer received 11th Aug with conditions.

13th Aug accepted offer unconditionally.

BIRMINGHAM MIDSHIRES (MORTGAGE) SETTLED IN FULL 24/8/06

Sent SurlyBonds template letter to get defaults removed to Birmingham Midshires 27/08/06

DEFAULTS REMOVED 5/09/06.
THATS 9 DAYS LATER, YES 9 DAYS

Sorry, I wasn't meaning that the amount was small to you, but in the light of the overall claim. I'm just thinking about how a judge might see it.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!