Reliable Collections Ltd - PremierMan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4704 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

I have been dealing with Reliable Collections for some time now and making regular payments. It's from an old catalogue I used to have, PremierMan. I believe Reliable are their in-house collectors.

I was paying them a regular amount of £7.15 per month. They wrote to me recently telling me my new payments have increased to £17.15 per month and there was no choice in the matter. I wrote back saying my circumstances have not changed therefore my payments are going to be the same, £7.15 and not £17.15.

I had this letter back of them showing their position. Additionally I know they will add at least £12.00 per month administration charges, thus making any payments I have made to them to reduce this debt invalid.

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/jas1304/Reliable%20Collections1/ReliableLetter1.jpg

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/jas1304/Reliable%20Collections1/ReliableFS.jpg

The last paragraph makes me laugh a bit where it says if I have any problems with this arrangement to contact them immediately. I already contacted them immediately and the above was their response!

So would I be right to send them the information they request in the second link above? Because personally I feel like telling them to take a run and jump. I am trying to clear this debt but this has now stopped me from doing so.

As always your advice is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Jas

Hi jas

Firstly they have no right to know your I and E details, only a Court can demand them

The OFT Guidelines also prevent them from forcing higher payments . .

Physical/psychological harassment

2.5 Putting pressure on debtors or third parties is considered to be oppressive.

2.6 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

f. pressurising debtors to pay in full, in unreasonably large instalments,

or to increase payments when they are unable to do so

If you are paying by DD it cancel it so they cannot take extra money from you and try to set up a SO for what you can aford, there's a great letter by another cagger that I can never find when I want it about thanking a DCA for making them do an I and E caculation and as a result they've found out all they can pay is £1

DCA's greed is their downfall in the end

Write to them again with your offer stating basically take it or leave it

Good luck

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Hi

Thank you very much for your reply, it has been very helpful. I have now downloaded a copy of the OFT Guidelines and they are interesting.

I will write back and tell them once again I can't afford their demanded payment amount. Whilst I can provide a full financial statement it really bugs me that these people will know the inside-out of my finances. In any case the amount showing on the FS is the same as I have previously offered them, trying to force money from me which I don't have isn't going to help.

I will insert the quotes from the OFT guidelines that you have mentioned.

Thanks once again, Regards

Jas

Dear Unreliable Collections,

Thank you for your letter dated DD/MM/YYYY, the contents of which have been noted and reported.

I will bring it to your attention that your demand for me to fill out YOUR I&E form is deluded, you must surely be aware by now, that this information can only be requested and given to a Judge. These people WILL have had the relevant training, knowledge and expertise to view such personal & private information whereby they will then be able to make a mature and accurate decision as to my financial position, thus making a logical decision.

For the avoidance of any doubt, YOU are not in any position to be demanding that I complete this poor attempt at an I&E form, I will however, complete and send MY own version that I shall get from the local court, or the citizen advice bureau as these will be court approved documents, not some random questions drawn up on the back of a fag packet.

I am also sorry to learn that you do not want to continue collecting my offer of payment each month, and you somehow feel that I should be paying much more, once again YOU cannot demand I pay any more than I can reasonably afford, if you are intent on being greedy, then you should seek the correct legal advice and issue court proceedings whereby a Judge will decide on the payments, and I strongly doubt that you will receive anywhere near the amount I am currently paying you.

This is in NO way a priority debt, and if you insist on pushing your greed, I will reduce my payments to suit.

I trust that I have made myself crystal clear? If there is anything in this letter you do not understand then you will be well advised to seek proper legal advice,

I look forward to your prompt & mature response.

Regards.

(PRINT NAME)

Enc I&E form.

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/budget_sheet.php?country=england_wales

DO NOT send them their I&E form. It's pathetic.

You can even send them a very very basic I&E form.

Monthly IN=£500.

Monthly OUT=£499

Offer of payment £1 month.

If your not happy telling them the ins and outs, then you DO NOT have to tell them, in fact you DO NOT have to send them anything at all, IMO if this is simply for a catalogue, I wouldn't bother, you have checked that they have the right to collect on this alleged debt?

How old is it??

The ONLY reason why ANYONE should send an I&E form is IF it will help you in your offer of payment, then if it does get to the court room, it will go in your favour when the DJ sees that you have sent in a form and made a realistic offer of payment.

Edited by Bazooka Boo

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

You're welcome jas

Before you decide to fill in their I & E sheet try to find the one used by the Courts but also keep in mind that once they have your details they may try to get you to recalculate based on what they think are needless expences

You know your circumstances so stick to them

Regards

R

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Yet another brilliant letter by BB

:lol:

you have ofcourse cca'ed these jokers?

and you mention 'fees'

if you've been charges those on the cat A/C then GET RECLAIMING

they are unlawful and are judged a 'penalty charge' made compulsory by a 'generic' T+C which does not allow negotiation with customers to happen.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi I found that unreliable collections to be ******** when they were wanting payments above what we could afford. If they had been reasonable I would just have continued to make payments I could afford. They did not so read my claim against them and see what you can do as long as your agreement pre dates April 2007(change in CCA 2006). These twits are all part of J.D.Williams group, I reclaimed all interest applied to account and all charges.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?104426-dpick-oh-v-reliable-collections-jd-williams&highlight=

dpick

Edited by dpick
Still canna spell

Hi thanks for all your reply's.

In the light of their attitude and unwillingness to take into account my financial and health problems I will write back to them and tell them that my offer is non-negotiable. Accept and get something or reject and get nothing. What I have offered I believe the courts will accept should it go that far.

Thanks for all your advice and support.

I would go one step further, thank them for their greed, and as such you have looked again at your finances and they will now only be receiving £1 a month. If they wish to pursue legal action, then they should inform their clients to do so immediately, your offer is final and non negotiable, because of their incompetent foolish attitude you are reducing these payments to a level that is much more realistic & manageable for you. You look forward to going to court where a Judge will agree with your actions and payments.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I would go one step further, thank them for their greed, and as such you have looked again at your finances and they will now only be receiving £1 a month. If they wish to pursue legal action, then they should inform their clients to do so immediately, your offer is final and non negotiable, because of their incompetent foolish attitude you are reducing these payments to a level that is much more realistic & manageable for you. You look forward to going to court where a Judge will agree with your actions and payments.

lol. It does make you feel very angry. I do feel like doing just as you said because it gets a little boring trying to negotiate with these monkeys. In fact the outcome will probably be the same whether I pay £30 per month or £1 per month - COURT! lol. So yes, maybe I will just tell em to stuff off.

Regards

Jas

get reclaiming:

http://www.egalegal.com/compoundWindow.html

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ooh thats a good one DX!

I found another one http://www.marshu.com/articles/calculate-percentage-increase-decrease-percent-calculator.php helped me work out my landlord is trying to increase the electricity charge by 295%!!

Not on your nelly mister!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well these people are morons.

I sent a CCA request from the template on this site, which says the £1 postal order is not to be used for any other purpose other than for the statutory fee for the CCA request. They have duly taken this pound off my account lol.

I sent the CCA request on 18th April and I am currently waiting for the 14 working days to expire. They have however refused to accept my offer of payment so no more payment for these clowns. Hopefully the morons will take it to court where I'll apply for an Administration Order.

Jas

IF they've taken the £1 off the account and you have evidence of that then I would personally be looking at a complaint :) It may only be £1, but theres a greater principle.

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

Well these people are morons.

I sent a CCA request from the template on this site, which says the £1 postal order is not to be used for any other purpose other than for the statutory fee for the CCA request. They have duly taken this pound off my account lol.

I sent the CCA request on 18th April and I am currently waiting for the 14 working days to expire. They have however refused to accept my offer of payment so no more payment for these clowns. Hopefully the morons will take it to court where I'll apply for an Administration Order.

Jas

They do this so later on they can attempt to say you paid £1 towards the debt therefore it cant be statute barred... So long as you keep a record that you have not made a payment but rather the £1 was for the CCA request they can do what they want with their imaginary figures.

Worth a letter back stating you notice they have taken the £1 off of the account but that the amount was a statutory fee and not any kind of payment.

S.

Hi all.

I have written to them again telling them off for taking the £1 off my account which was the statutory fee for my CCA request. I have read the FOS link from Bazooka (thanks) and need to wait eight weeks to complain to them, which I will do if I don't get any satisfaction from unReliable collections.

I sent a CCA request on April 18th. I believe it's 12+2 working days they have to send me it. They have not done so yet, just trying to work out the 12+2 with all the bank holidays etc lol - what date to you guys work this out to be? please.

The funny thing about their refusal to accept my offer is they have accepted my wife's offer without any problem, yet we have the same income lmao and pay our debts pro-rata! They are morons.

Get a diary!!!

Tuesday 10th May, is the date I make it......with beer goggles firmly on! Did you send it recorded delivery?

LOL. Yes recorded delivery. I just wasn't sure the date they had till to respond with the bank holidays and stuff lol. They will be getting another letter early next week then. Thanks for that :roll:

Hi.

Off topic here but I thought I would ask as a favour to my brother - so I'll keep it short.

He has a debt with moorcroft and requested a CCA. They wrote back saying they do not have to provide one because of some court case they quoted (he lost the letter) saying the debt is enforceable with or without a CCA. Should they still have provided one though?

Many thanks.

Jas

load of Moorcrap they still have to produce this is another bit of trying to mislead by misquoting.

So short answer is "on yer bike twits" for moorcrap.

dpick

He has a debt with moorcroft and requested a CCA. They wrote back saying they do not have to provide one because of some court case they quoted (he lost the letter) saying the debt is enforceable with or without a CCA. Should they still have provided one though?

Wow! I'll have a pint of whatever they've had......Shame he lost the letter, that quote could have been added to the "valid even if not read by you"

Wow! I'll have a pint of whatever they've had......Shame he lost the letter, that quote could have been added to the "valid even if not read by you"

No doubt the case would have been Carey vs HSBC and the letter would have said that they dont have to provide the ACTUAL document due to that case.

S.

Whilst some in the judiciary are accepting reconstructions ala Carey vs HSBC, Carey was all about s78 requests and informational purposes, NOT enforcement.

Of course! How could I forget?? Doesn't sound so funny when you say it.......:biggrin1: