style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3698 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

www.trustonline.org.uk

or phone northampton and ask

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

hows this going?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Finally done it !!

Gone Bankrupt, i know people will struggle to understand why i have done it but after the treatment i have received by Lloyds tsb and specifically Hl interactive, i was in danger of becoming very bitter and letting them poison my life further.

The day was surreal got there at 8.30 am had a clerk check the forms they took me down a few floors to the courts and said wait here I'll see if a judge is available, the clerk returned 10 minutes later, it was done !! I did not even need to go in to see anyone.

The OR said i can keep my bank account open as its only a very basic cash minder with no overdraft and they will notify my bank of the bankruptcy order. I telephoned my bank the day after and told them everything they said they will stand by me its only people who are bankrupt looking to open an account with them that they could not help.

No matter what happens from here on, Please don't condem me my fellow caggers, i feel like a millstone has been taken off my neck.

well done as its not an easy decision but from the sound of your post you will sleep better,

advised from another BK'er.

use this as a fresh start

too many go BK and then start thinking about how to get loans an build their CR

me, wnt BK over 10 year ago - if i dont have the money i dont buy it, have a very very same OD for emergencies but owe noone nothing and going to keep i thay way

use this as learning experience rather than a credit building experience

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Thankyou.

I fully intend to do the same thing i was only telling my wife yesterday if we haven't got it we save up for it, credit is still too easy to get hold off if you know where to look.

It was a big decision but i am glad i don't have to fear the postman walking down the drive anymore

Thanks again,

Gideonssword.

Thankyou.

I fully intend to do the same thing i was only telling my wife yesterday if we haven't got it we save up for it, credit is still too easy to get hold off if you know where to look.

It was a big decision but i am glad i don't have to fear the postman walking down the drive anymore

Thanks again,

Gideonssword.

Welcome to the start of the rest of your life without the nightmares of debts hanging over you for years

Edited by MDK

gideonssword

You are very welcome, the BK experience is stressful yes, beyond doubt.

The creditors and their associated leeches would really like to bleed you for years if they can and make you a debt slave with a millstone so great you will never for the rest of your life get rid of.

But if you take good advice and don't bury your head... which you do initially it is undeniable and natural.. and go the BK route as best option you will find that the relief to the pain and nightmares is a totally new world you could not have envisioned before.

Do not tread the BK path without careful consideration and advice but it may be the easier and cheaper path in the long term.

• 1 month later...

Up to now i have not had an ipa or an ipo.

I understand that before discharge its standard procedure for the trustee to check your income and expenditure a second time before discharge.

Does the trustee request a certain amount of wage slips?

Our income is part benefits and part wages, my contract is on an as and when required basis so some months i may get more income and some months less income.

How will they work it out if i need to pay an IPA

• 3 months later...

If an early discharge from bankruptcy happens, is it the official receiver or the court who grants the discharge? I also got told from another source to start checking the register after 5 months because there can be a gap of between 4-6 weeks between discharge and the paperwork arriving at your door, that makes no sense to me because it states on the insolvency website that the register can be updated up to 3 months after discharge, can someone enlighten me on these matters please?

• 2 months later...

NO,

I Keep checking the register daily to see if i have been discharged but my hopes are now fading,

I have no job now either so it would of been nice to get an early discharge i am just in a bad place at this moment in time, i really want to see some light at the end of a tunnel.

• 1 month later...

Cant believe how fed up i am right now, just 8 weeks until discharge, i am unemployed BUT

I turned one job down recently as so close to the end i dont want an IPA and face another 3 years of debt,

I have got the Jobcentre on my back trying to get me into work, I am desperate to work but i have come so far now to face an IPA at the end.

Anyone got any advice or suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Is it true that the DWP, the NI office and the Tax office are all put on alert by the official receiver to notify them within days of any changes in circumstances?

I am on the verge of being offered a job but i am less than 8 weeks to go before automatic discharge, trouble is if i took the job and did not tell official receiver its a criminal offence.

If i tell the Official receiver and get an IPA/IPO which on the expected salary i would then face another 3 years of debt which would be a tragedy as i am so close to the finishing line.

Please any advice is most welcome.

• 3 months later...

I am 2 months after bankruptcy all going well.

My heart sank this morning when I got a letter from aktiv kapital saying I owe them £3600 and if I don't make an offer by 31st of March to repay they will pass the debt on to their agents Empingham.

What should my best course of action be? This debt was included in the bankruptcy