Bryan Carter debt owed. Advice?

Aerith
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4759 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

MOVED THE THREAD > http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?302151-Bryan-Carter-Debt.-Advice&p=3370591#post3370591

Hello everyone.

So for the past year or so I've been chased for a debt to Natwest (around the £1400 mark, they can't seem to make up their minds!), only I didn't know I was getting letters recently as they were going to an old address and I managed to get them forwarded to me.

It's the same old "pay now or we'll tie you up and slog you" kinda letters, so I wrote to them saying to please write at my new address and then we can start sorting this out.

Well they've now sent me a Financial Statement to fill out, and I honestly don't like the look of it. There's a ticky box that says "Please confirm that you have discussed the use of assets to make lump sum payments". Well I haven't discussed it and I don't want to be forced to agree to sell stuff to pay off the debt. Also there's a lot of "prove your earnings" but unfortunately I'm not working (so to speak) and not on Job Seekers, the reason being is that my partner is supporting me and I do freelance work, though my money goes into his bank account as I no longer have one due to all this. I could send them one of my partners bank statements but then I trust they will think we can give more than we can afford since he gets big lumps sums but they're very infrequent (every two months or so).

It's also asking for bank details which I feel uncomfortable giving. I'm not sure if I'm just being paranoid and should fill it in. They gave me seven days (way gone past now) and I was considering stalling them by asking for a CCA to give me some time to sort this out. Would that be the best thing to do? Or is there something else I should do?

I do acknowledge this debt and want to get it paid when I can, I just wish it hadn't gone to Bryan Carter as I've heard horrible things about him going to court quickly, and that he might have already sent a CCJ to my old address! Surely that's illegal and against the Data Protection Act?

If anyone could help me I'd really appreciate it, thank you!

Edited by Aerith

I forgot to mention that when I knew about this debt, it was actually a different debt recovery that sent a letter. I sent them a reply similar to the one I sent Bryan Carter just recently, basically asking them to write to my new address. Then they said it was passed back to Natwest who then past it on to Bryan Carter who kept persisting at my old address.

The letter they sent with the Financial Statement reads:

Dear xxxx

As arranged we have enclosed our official Financial Statement form for you to complete.

We cannot consider your circumstances unless this properly completed form is returned to us within SEVEN days. If we do not hear from you by then we will continue legal action against you.

I never arranged this with them though, my letter just said (paraphrased) "Please write to my new address so we can sort this debt out". Also seven days is a bit harsh especially for how much they want me to fill out.