#Argos : Laptop - What should happen?

sarajulldin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4759 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I bought my laptop on 28th November 2010.

I noticed last night a purple line across the screen, in the middle it does not touch any edge of the screen.

There is no physical damage to the laptop at all, not even a scratch.

I am going to go back to Argos with it ASAP, but what response should I expect.

Many people have said they send them off to repair, this laptop is less then 6 months old, would there do this? Or will they offer replacement.

Either way i will go ahead, is it advisable to remove all my files if i send it to repair?

Thanks in advance !

Hi sara,

I'd back up all your files onto storeage media, just incase they lose the data. I personally don't think it's acceptable, ask for a replacement, lets see what they say.

Theres more info in my signature no (9).

Thanks for that, I read through that and it basically says they have a right to request repair?

I've been to Argos and they have said they will have to send it off to for repair and this can upto 21 working days? Its crazy how long it can take.

Is there anything where I can assist on a replacement? Or will i be fighting a losing battle?

Hi Sara

I think you need to give them the opportunity to repair it. But as you say it's 'crazy'.

You could write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Write down whats happened and that it's unfair that you won't have use of it for 21 days for your

day to day use, e.g. college work. Send it to Managing Director, Sara Weller [email protected]

Email sent, explaining my problem and inconvience sending the laptop would be.

I have said that becuase the laptop was bought within 6 months, its Argos responsibility to prove that the fault wasnt there at the time of sale, and if Argos are unable to prove this, then the item was faulty at the time of sale, this places it within Argos's own policy of 30 day money back guarantee, meaning im entitled to either a full refund or replacement, Ive said that I am looking for replacement and may even replace with a more expensive model.

She has rang me and said no choice but to send it away, nothing else they can do and that all stores would do the same.

I explained my problem and explained I cannot afford to send it just yet, and she no choice.

Not sure what else I can do but send it?

Hi saraj

Sorry, your lucky to get Sara, normally it would have been an 'S'., lol

Excellent, make some notes in preperation, so you can get your points across, tell how it will impact on your life, e.g. you might have exams etc.

Stick to your guns. O.K.

Take it into a store, but make sure you get a receipt for it.

Have you checked online to see if others have had the same problem?

Sorry its Saraj not Sara lol

I have had a reply from someone working on behalf of Sara at Argos, she asked for my mobile number and going to ring me this afternoon to discuss it.

Not sure what to do, The Sales of Good Act clearly says an faulty item within 6 months, its deemed that the item was faulty at the time of sale, unless proven otherwise by the store (Argos)

Doesnt that mean that the item is within the 30 day money back guarantee?? As it is deemed to be faulty on the day of purchase whic hwas 28th November cause the item is less then 6 months old?

Right got a reply stating that they continue to insist to send it off and cannot ascertain what is wrong with it until there do so.

They never responded to my point of significant invconvience and this time I have quoted from the SOG act in hope there recognise this.

I have replied to a CR rep, but also CC'ed the email to Sara.