iruffell vs Natwest

iruffell
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6417 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

Been reading through a lot of the threads and it has prompted me to add my own, if only to keep track of deadlines.

Sent off for my statements and received them a few days later. Totalled all charges to £3783.

05/09/06 - sent prelim letter to branch.

That's as far as I've got so will not bore you any longer. :)

Hope to add an update soon!

Good luck all.

Ian

Natwest - claiming £3783

05/09/06 - first request letter sent

19/09/06 - received offer of £478 in full and final settlement

20/09/06 - sent rejection of settlement letter

hello

just thought I would say Hi as I'm just slightly behind you in this fight with NatWest.

Just sat here now, tearing my hair out trying to work out what's a legimate fee and what's a charge before sending of prelimary letter to them. Goodness NatWest are a pain in the never regions!

Good luck

NatWest

Data Protection Act Letter - 06/08/2006

Statements rec'd 14/9/2006

Preliminary Letter sent - 27/9/06

LBA - 18/10/06

Claim with Court - 31/10/2006

Got until 14/11/06 to acknowledge.

7/11/06 Received ltr offering full settlement minus

interest + court costs

12/11/06 - Rejection sent

17/11/6006 - Natwest Acknowledged

4/12/06 - Rec'd Natwest Def (Cobbetts)

5/1206 - Rec'd partial offer (Cobbetts)

THE WOOLWICH

Data Protection Act Letter - 06/08/2006

List of charges rec'd - 04/9/2006

Prelimary Letter sent - 06/09/2006

Response - 'fully investigating' - 11/09/2006

Claim with Court - 20/10/06

Acknowledged - 20/10/2006

Defence by 17/11/2006

AQ to be returned - 11/12/2006

Court Date - 14/02/2007

**SETTLED IN FULL**

CAPITAL ONE

**SETTLED IN FULL** 3/11/06

Hi Everyone,

Been reading through a lot of the threads and it has prompted me to add my own, if only to keep track of deadlines.

Sent off for my statements and received them a few days later. Totalled all charges to £3783.

05/09/06 - sent prelim letter to branch.

That's as far as I've got so will not bore you any longer. :)

Hope to add an update soon!

Good luck all.

Ian

...never boring to see people's progress! Nice sum you are asking back, will surely come in handy for Christmas! :lol:

Good luck to you, too! ;)

-Warms (Alexandra)-

---------------------------------------------

Whatever I post is just my opinion, no more, no less!:!:

NatWest=>settled in full, no strings!:D

NatWest creditcard=>settled in full, no strings!:D

Hello again.

Hi Amanda - it's pretty tedious stuff going through the statements isn't it. It's also amazing how the charges mount up. Stick with it and good luck with your claim!

Thanks Warms - it would indeed be a very nice sum to get back. Would clear a majority of my debts!

Update: I received a letter today saying Natwest believe the charges they have made are fair and lawful - and then offering me £478 in full and final payment. Why offer anything if they think they are right???

As I've received an offer, should I proceed with the LBA or go straight to filing a small claims court claim? It seems Natwest have skipped the initial rejection letter.

Thanks for your help and advise everyone. :)

Ian

Natwest - claiming £3783

Hi all,

I managed to get the NAtWest to send me the last 2 years worth of statements fornothing, as I am dealing with them via the CCCS. I sent away the first letter top them and they have replied - within the 2 weeks - in the negative.

I quote - "We have considered the Office of Fair Trading's statement of 5 April 2006 and do not accept its findings in relation to the dsetting of credit card fees" A good start this, as I was NOT asking them about credit card charges - I don't have, and never have had a credit card with them(!) They go on to say - inno uncerrtain termsw - that they will nto b refunding any charges, and they think that all charges were levied fairly. In closing their letter I get the impression that they don't think I'm serious about going to court. They are well wrong!!

Any support would be greatly appreciated. Wish me all the best please.

David C.

David Cranson

These replies are meant to give the impression that you have no chance and might as well give up now. The success stories of others on here though should give you encouragement.

This is not to say that Natwest will not go to court, but it seems highly unlikely.

Good luck with your claim.

Natwest - claiming £3783

Could someone tell me whether it is usual to defend yourself in the small claims court? I've not read any threads where someone has hired a solicitor. Is this possible?

Natwest - claiming £3783

Noone has ever actually got to the stage of court as far as I'm aware. I guess there is nothing wrong with using a solicitor if you are prepared to lose those costs (am i right in thinking that it is very unlikely that you will be able to claim the costs back on the small claims route?), but all seems very pointless as Natwest would lose anyway - they are only using their soliciters as administrators and to threaten us

GOOD LUCK AND GODSPEED!

Pl

SNATCHWEST and NOBBETS no scare me!

Thanks Plutos. Is that right - nobody has got to the court stage? I thought various people had been on the verge of going but I've not kept up to date with those threads for a while.

I'll have to have a good read around.

Natwest - claiming £3783

I'm going through my statements again and have a charge of £175 (described as PLP Premium) for the personal loan that Natwest suggested I take out to pay off my overdraft.

Should I include that in my claim?

Natwest - claiming £3783

Yes, lots of people have filed, recieved a defence etc, but as far as I am aware (mods?) nobody has ever actully had to stand up and argue thier case

Thanks Plutos. Is that right - nobody has got to the court stage? I thought various people had been on the verge of going but I've not kept up to date with those threads for a while.

I'll have to have a good read around.

SNATCHWEST and NOBBETS no scare me!

cheers Plutos - that is very encouraging!

Natwest - claiming £3783

• 2 weeks later...
Noone has ever actually got to the stage of court as far as I'm aware. I guess there is nothing wrong with using a solicitor if you are prepared to lose those costs (am i right in thinking that it is very unlikely that you will be able to claim the costs back on the small claims route?), but all seems very pointless as NatWest would lose anyway - they are only using their soliciters as administrators and to threaten us

GOOD LUCK AND GODSPEED!

Pl

Hi all,

Well I'm afraid that NAt West have just refused my second letter, so it looks like it's going to have to be court action. I was hoping that it wouldn't get this far, but . . . :o(

Any help & encouragement would be appreciated.

David

David Cranson

Hi I'm also right behind you on this I got my bank statemnts on 29-09-2006 just put them on the spreadsheet to find Natwest has taken £5556 in the last six years from us, but I'm going to double check the figure as they need to give us our money back. I also realise that I should not claim more than £5000 so I might have to make two separate claims, not sure. Will let you know how we fare.