Jump to content

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3545 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

H i everyone, sorry if this ends up in the wrong place!


i have had HFO services contacting my husband for a while now and it all ended in Jan 11 when i proved the debt had nothing to do with him and it was a miss trace, until today when they contacted his boss on his personal mobile to ask the whereabouts of my husband.

does anyone know how i can get them to leave us alone, they cant prove anything as they have no paper work (im not sure how they dont) but i can prove beyond any doubt that it has nothing to do with us, they have already taken his details off once but somehow found his boss and its just getting beyond a joke now, i have far more important things to be dealing with then this bunch of fraudsters!



Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello and Welcome,


I've moved this thread to the appropriate Forum.






Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Link to post
Share on other sites

This goes against all the laws and guidelines in place for this industry.


If you still have correspondence from their previous attempt, and, hopefully something in writing from them accepting this is not a debt related to your husband, even better, you need to make a formal complaint (others will be along with to whom this should be addressed).


You must also complain to Trading Standards via Consumer Direct, again there is a name and address which will be provided by those in know!


Also complain to the OFT


... and finally, to the Information Commissioners Office for mis use of you husbands' Data in contacting his boss.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)


Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.


If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You


The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA


Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Criminal harassment - look it up.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009


If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also get in touch with your MP and get them on the case, this sort of behaviour is despicable and HFO want a severe rollicking for what they are doing.


You don't happen to know a friendlily policeman as well do you ? Get them to call HFO and advise them that their methods are unacceptable.


Then sue for harassment ...

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.


Link to post
Share on other sites



Trading Standards via http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact


OFT http://www.oft.gov.uk/ mark for the attention of James Waldron


Local MP via http://www.writetothem.com/


ICO via http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints/data_protection.aspx

At your Service


Please Double click the Star and leave a message if I have helped you


Please support CAG and they will support you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rehash this letter as required and send recorded delivery..


letter before actionlink3.gif


Dear Sir / Madam.


It is with great concern I write with regard to your company's behaviour. Over the last (x) weeks your company has written several letters, the first of which I have responded to in satisfying your requests for previous addresses.


I can categorically state that I have NEVER used or had any kind of account with (name of bank), I am now of the opinion that this is now pure harrassment and in direct breach of CPUTR2008, The OFT's Guidance On debt collectionlink3.gif, your own associations code of conduct and harrassment laws. I'm sure I have no need to remind you of the recent case of Ferguson vs British Gas


What I require.


An apology from the Managing Director of your company in light of the distresslink3.giflink3.gif, embarrassment and upset this has caused.


Confirmation that you will NOT call me again.


Instant removal of any adverse information placed on my credit file - this will be checked within 14 days - If it is not removed, I will commence court proceedings with no further notice.


If you do not respond with your official complaints procedure within 7 days, I will have no hesitation in informing Trading Standards, The Office Of Fair Trading and my MP of your behaviour. And if I have to write to you again I will charge your company £20 taking time out to write again.


I trust this makes my position perfectly clear.

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.


DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation






IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.


Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...


Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.



I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.


Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.



Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.


It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Any news socks? Any response from your OFT complaint?

At your Service


Please Double click the Star and leave a message if I have helped you


Please support CAG and they will support you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...