• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Lloyds TSB Mortgages - in court tomorrow - need urgent help!!

gideonssword
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

PLEASE HELP ME ,

i had a ccj against me in 2006 for £17.5k and with interest plus court costs it came to about £21k

i was told to pay £40 per month but then i got made redundant i could not keep up payments

i panicked and did a runner {I know i could go to prison} - no you cant!!

i got a letter from HL Solicitors acting on behalf of Lloyds TSB who said fill in attachment of earnings order

and make an offer of repayment or they will enforce the suspended attachment of earnings which was £40.

My question is can i go back to the district Judge and ask him to lower it again or even write the debt off as i only work part time doing 2 shifts a week,

£40PCM does not even cover the interest on this the debt is growing by at least £100

and i cannot physically do anything about it,

Please advise me what to do my fellow caggers.

Edited by dx100uk
dx

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi gideon

Who said you could go to prison, it's not illegal do be in debt anymore mate so put that thought away for a start

As I understand it you can ask to go back to Court and explain your circumstances openly and ask for a redetermination

In the long run the Courts are not there to do anything but help, they may slap your wrist but that's about it

Those with more experience will no doubt be along but in the mean time try not to worry

Good luck

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

I just telephoned the court

i cannot get a redetermination done as that as to be done within 8 days of ccj

but i can fill in N56 and apply to have it lowered which i think is the same or similar,

as i said i only work part time i suffer with Arthritis

so my job prospects will not really improve in the long run i will put a letter in with my N56

I just telephoned the court i cannot get a redetermination doen as that as to be done within 8 days of ccj but i can fill in N56 and apply to have it lowered which i think is the same or similar, as i said i only work part time i suffer with Arthritis so my job prospects will not really improve in the long run i will put a letter in with my N56

Well you've started the ball rolling now gideon

Another good thing to look at is the fact that by approaching the Court you're showing that you're trying to help sort this out and will go in your favour should HL get snotty

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

is it possible to have a Judgement set aside because my job and my health have changed since the original Judgement?

Due to severe arthritis in my feet i can only work part time now and my doctor said this would spread to my knees and elbows in time. as i work part time the only payments i can afford to make do not even come anywhere near the interest let alone reduce the debt, in just 2 years the debt has grown from 21000 and is now 25000

yes we had our home repossesed and the district judge said we must pay £40 per month

but the solicitors acting on behalf of the creditors said they would check my income every 6 months

but i was Made redundant in 2009 i am alrmed that they are still piling on thousands of pounds in interest

what do they hope to Achieve by this i am a council tenant i have no equity, no savings and as i said i been diagnosed with severe arthritis in my fooy

t which will eventually affect my knees and elbows so my long term job prospects are not good either,

i am 43 and work part time i cannot stand for long periods without being in agony if i go for a walk i end up in agony.

To be honest, given your circumstances it may be worthwhile considering bankruptcy. At least after a year you won't have this millstone around your neck.

they are still piling on thousands of pounds in interest what do they hope to Achieve by this
They can only add interest if the court order specified they can.

no i dont think it matters.

have a look in the legal forum

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

I am in the county court tomorrow regarding this

can i ask for a Judgement to be Varied

does anyone know if i can ask the judge to look at the interest as well as the creditor is putting interest on every month at 8%

when the Bank of England base rate is 0.5%

this was for a mortgage shortfall of £17k the debt is now £25k because of the interest.

help?

4 threads megred

please keep to one thread per debt

so's we can see the history of advice given

dx

siteteam

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 11 months later...

i was taken to court in 2006 by HL Solicitors acting on behalf of Lloyds TSB over a mortgage shortfall.

i foolishly did not defend it at all so i was ordered to pay £16k plus £8k in charges and interest.

As the house was repossesed in 1999 i was told to pay £40PCM to clear the CCJ.

I was made redundant in 2009 and foolishly again stopped paying.

i eventually found employment last year and offered to pay so much a month

but they were still applying interest

so i asked them back to court and they practically begged me not to go back to court to look at the court hearing from 2006.

They froze the interest and when i think back the house i was living at in 2006 they released the charge that they put on the property.

My question is What are they hiding? is there a way i can find out what they do not want discovered?

The guy at the citizens advice was looking into it last year but he said some papers from the original hearing had gone missing from the court {sounds dodgy}

I cant help but feel in my gut that a great injustice has occured.

It will take me 4 and half years to pay this off but curiosity is killing me... i am desperate to know why they were pleading with me not to go back to court.

Edited by ims21
Formatted for easier reading

Hi

I've formatted your post for easier reading. Please use paragraphs and punctuation as it makes it so much easier to read.

The guys will be happy to advise as soon as they are available

ims

I telephoned the Court yesterday afternoon and explained i wanted as much information as i could get regarding the original hearing and they said if i send in a letter they will release transcripts and other things regarding the case to me.

I know this is a long shot but at the original hearing the address concerning the mortgage shortfall was spelled incorrectly i know its only a minor blip it should be Moore avenue but they put Moor avenue, would this make any difference in getting the CCJ struck out?

kind regards.

thank you for your kind responses i am very grateful,.

i have checked a factsheet by national debtline in accordance with the council of mortgage lenders,

which states that a lender has 6 years to get the interest applied to the debt after the sale of the house,

well the house was repossessed in February 1999 and sold early 2000

yet they did not take me to court until August 2006

i now believe that is why they did not want me to go back to court because this would be exposed.

my question now is how do i right this wrong i will have to take the Lender back to court if i win and the interest was taken off it was shave 2 years off the repayments.