Help needed with HFO Services Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4357 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By my calulations (12 + 2 working days from the date of sending) that gives them until Mon 23rd May to respond. Once that date has passed you can send the Account in Dispute letter.

Oh I see! So it's 14 working days in total? Excluding weekends and bank holidays? Okay, I'll sit tight until the 23rd, I hope HFO do respond before the 23rd!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, about to send the Aco**** in Dispute letter, i've been away all last week, still no contact from HFO!! Apart from sending the letter recorded, do i need to include a postal order??

Hi who do I complain to about HFO? Had one of there usual bull**** letters saying i owe 5grand to barlaycrard I wish !,

Please feel free to start a new thread for this so that you can get individual advice as every case is different. You need to find out as much as you can about this and complaints will be based on the circumstances but are normally addressed to OFT.

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone it's me again!

I came home to find a letter from HFO today headed: HFO - RESPONSE TO THE REQUEST OF DOCUMENTS

Letter says:

This is in reference to the documents you requested from us regarding your outstanding BARCLAYCARD account Please find enclosed copies of the documents.

We would request that you contact our offices as soon as possible so that we can work towards reaching an amicable resolution on your outstanding account.

You can reach your account manager issue Submitted to Client directly on. We look forward to hearing from you.

Enclosed:

1. Photocopy of application dated 10/06/03.
  2. Letter from Barclaycard dated 1st August 2011 addressed to a very old address where i was at the time of application, heading: I write to your letter requesting a copy of your executed agreement for the above account
  3. another document adressed to a different address i was at before the one i was at when i applied, YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL on a blank sheet then a photo copy of Barclaycard Conditions.

What should i do? should i call them? it's obviously way over the time limit i sent in the CCA request back in May, would they accept a settlement amount? i'm at a loss as to what to do, i also thought there might be a statement of the account but there is no record of the account at all....... i'm at a total loss...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Have you been in contact with Barclaycard yet, if not you need to ask to who and when the account was sold. Barclaycard No 0844 556 0066

Did you contact Barclaycard?Do you know when the last payment on this account was?

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Can you give more info regarding the document with the T and C,s, you say this was an address which you where at before you applied for the card, if so how have they got this address.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

I imagine the address they have put on the conditions is on your application as a previous address and someone might be being a little naughty...........again. Any chance of posting these up removing any personal info.

What should i do? should i call them?

1st rule of CAG - NEVER telephone a DCA...

You need to be sure the 'documents' sent are binding - if the application does not contain all the prescribed terms then it's pretty much worthless, but HFO don't seem to care about that. They have a stick to beat you with unless you can prove otherwise. There are several people following this thread who know much more about what it should say than I do.

If the documents are physically impossible, in that they've used an address that cannot possibly match a valid application as you had moved long before applying, then there's more reason to dispute they have a suitable stick, I mean document, that would stand up in court.

DO NOT make any offers - no matter what they say, they CANNOT force you to pay them a bean. They would need to go to court to get a judge to decide and for that they need to make sure their case is squeaky clean OR that the alleged debtor is not going to put up a fight and dispute what they claim are valid documents if they go for a judgement by default.

You may feel an obligation to pay what you think you owe but look at this another way - you owed Barclaycard the money. For whatever reason, this account has not been chased or many years, and now HFO say they have it, also claiming that they've had the account for years and that they've contacted you previously - and from experience they most likely have not. They've added fees and interest on, but have not given you an account of how they've arrived at the figure they claim.

If someone came up to you in the street and claimed that you owe them £x and they are collecting on an old credit card account you once had, wouldn't you want to know that they were entitled to demand that from you? It's just the same as them writing to you - I wish I had the guts to run this type of business, sending demands out and hoping that the people getting my nasty letters would just pay up, or do something that ties them into a legal dispute they cannot win - like making an offer to pay, which is an admission of guilt in effect. I'd love to have the millions that they've extracted from the pockets of people over the years without any proof at all.

OK, so you've asked for proof - and they've supplied something they think will do. All I'm saying is to check carefully - anyone can grab the credit card company logo and stick it on a bit of paper. DCA's do it all the time to say that such a company has assigned an account to them - yet it's printed on the same paper in the same typeface as the DCA's letter, and even comes in the same envelope.

Can you tell I have a distrust of DCA's and their methods?

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Ref the T&C's, there is a blank piece of A4 paper, top left hand corner is my name with my previous address: 12 11 High Street (for example) yes 2 numbers???? this is part of a previous address i used to live at BEFORE i applied for the card, on the actual photocopy of the agreement it has the correct address then my previous address in the Previous Address box: (confused? not half as confused as me).

The in a square box in the middle of the page is:

"YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL: Once you have signed this agreement, you will have for a short time a right to cancel it. Exact details of how and when you can do this will be sent to you by post by us"

then photocopies of the Barclaycard Conditions. Reprinted 01/03.

Interestingly though is the 'letter' from Barclaycard dated 1 August 2011, it's to an old address one that i lived at in 2005, and clearly states :- The current balance on your account today is £953.55, i find the letter from Barclaycard a bit spurious, does anyone else?? HFO have obviously beefed it up to £1434, i will contact Barclaycard tomorrow and ask them the questions you mentioned in the thread before last, what difference will this make? also what is the point of giving them a certain time period to get back to me but they leave it 3 months, it makes the CCA request appear weak?

Should i offer to pay a percentage? like i said right at the begining of this thread, i don't mind paying this offer but i dispute the amount they are saying i owe....

I look forward to any advice and will post tomorrow evening with my findings from barclaycard.

Thanks again.

That SAR letter states they are already communicating with me at my current address and that i should be claiming back my £10 fee which i don't think i should be??!! or should i?? can ammend this letter without invalidating it's legal standing???

That's rubbish you need all the data, complain to the ICO

and write back to BC and demand he full SAR they cannot

ignore it.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I would say Barclaycard has on record a copy of your original application form, but no T and C,s to go with it, HFO have reconstructed some, but have used the wrong address, by mistake they have used your previous address which was on your original application.

Okay just spoken to Barclaycard, last payment was recieved June 2005, Sold the debt to HFO Capital in Sept 2006, I'm receiving lettes from HFO Services does that make a difference? also the lady i spoke to was particularly concerned about the 'spurious' letter ive recieved and she wants me to scan and send her a copy, should i do this? she said she's made a note on my file ALSO... she said the outstanding balance was £907.55 NOT £953.55 as stated in the Barclaycard head letter, any advice as always would be gratefully recieved.