Help needed with HFO Services Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They can take as long as they want over a Prove It letter, some never reply, usually because they can't prove it. Your 12+2 has come from if you CCA them, that's when they have 12+2 working days to reply.

As long as you have Proof of Postage for the Prove It letter, then you have little to worry about. You asked them to prove they have the right to collect the debt which is perfectly reasonable before you start handing over money, especially if you haven't received a NOA, so leave it and wait to hear.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi loolabelle, exactly the same thing happen to me barclay card debt- such an old debt. Hfo sent a reminder letter beginning of April.. Never received the first one! Debt was for £900 -then they added their unreasonable ridiculous interest of 12%. !!!!

I've sent a cca letter as recommended by coledog - didn't here anything in the 12+2 days so I've sent the account in dispute letter on the 19/4!! all letters sent recorded and signed for. I've checked online they have signed for both of my letters. No reply as yet! Waiting days.

I'll let you know the outcome- thank god for these guys here - their help and advice is fab :) all the best.

Hi loolabelle, exactly the same thing happen to me barclay card debt- such an old debt. Hfo sent a reminder letter beginning of April.. Never received the first one! Debt was for £900 -then they added their unreasonable ridiculous interest of 12%. !!!!

I've sent a cca letter as recommended by coledog - didn't here anything in the 12+2 days so I've sent the account in dispute letter on the 19/4!! all letters sent recorded and signed for. I've checked online they have signed for both of my letters. No reply as yet! Waiting days.

I'll let you know the outcome- thank god for these guys here - their help and advice is fab :) all the best.

My best guess, will be a claim for arrears, easy to defend.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

This is a 'split claim' which they are tending to issue at the moment. They do not claim the full amount but 'instalment arrears' of around £200 usually with very poor evidence and no documents. They do this in the hope of getting a default judgement that they can then use to put more pressure on 'ignorant' defendants I believe. If you defend against these claims they will back off in my experience, there are quite a few threads where they have tried this and all the claims have been 'stayed'.

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

It also costs them a lot less to sue for peanuts rather than the whole amount - multiply that saving by a rate of 90% default judgments against sadly ignorant victims, and that's a lot of wonga in Alice's pocket.

Broken arrow - explain??? Claim for arrears?? Easy to defend :)

As the guys have explained, they have made a number of claims recently, just for arrears, there are quite a few threads on this, you would have known this if you had researched all the other HFO threads, the one thing to come out of these claims, up to now is if you defend, HFO don,t respond and the claim becomes stayed.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Update:

Ok came back from a acouple of nights away to find an A4 letter on my doormat, in big red type its a '72 - HOUR NOTICE OF LITIGATION' do i send the CCA letter now? the letter doesn't mention my 'prove it' letter (funny old thing!!) and say's,'It is with regret that we note, it has become clear to us as you are refusing to pay your debt........' and so it goes on with a stapled attachment (EX326 document) FAQ letter from HMCS???? I want to pay this off!!!! but im blown if i'm paying the charges!!!! just out of curiosity can they enforce the additional charges??

Any advice today would be greatly appreciated.

I got one of those - see my thread: HFO have sent me 72 Hrs notice of litigation

They are known for sending out all sorts of 'information', copies of court documents and even your own credit report, perhaps with a picture they've copied from Google Street View of your home. It's all intended to intimidate and confuse people into thinking the mighty HFO have mega resources in tracing really bad debtors. Anyone can get copies of those court documents from the Internet, what does it prove?

In 72 hours they will send the next threatening letter, followed by another, and another. They'll try to call you, get neighbours to come to your door with a message for you, anything they can think of to make you feel that the entire might of HFO is concentrated on you.

Looks like time to send the CCA request in as they've clearly ignored your 'prove it ' letter. Once that's gone, with a signed for delivery of course, give them the 12+2 days and then the account in dispute letter. From what i've seen, HFO will either try a sneaky court action for a low amount as already mentioned, or will simply stop bothering you.

HFO are in the news again - see http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?303806. That's the type of company they are, verbal bullies who will send loads of letters out (talk is cheap!) saying they are collecting a debt, but then cannot back up their claim that they have any right to do so. Personally, I would rather send a payment I can afford to the original creditor and them say they cannot accept it than give HFO the time of day.

Any advice today would be greatly appreciated.

Just wondering why it's so urgent - 72 hours in HFO time is as long as they like, don't feel that you have to abide by any timescale they lay down - it's all part of making you feel you have to respond.

• Confused 1

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

I would also include a response to that letter. Have a look at Formisters thread as he is composing such a letter for his dad. Definitely send the CCA request now. Put both letters in the same envelope

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?282282-Barclaycard-hfo2&p=3391928#post3391928

• Confused 1

donate

... dead mouse ... perhaps i'll post that to them ...

You would put food in their mouths? :hungry:

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

I think 'Watchdog' should do an undercover series on HFO, i work in sales for a corporate company and i'm really interested to see what there training and day to day routine is, i remember when they did an episode on 1st Credit, it was incredibly interesting!!!

Hi all, apologies for jumping in on this post but have exactly the same issues with HFO, started receiving letters demanding payment then several phone calls a week from them for a Barclaycard debt that I have no knowledge of, I had a Barclaycard account which I closed down in 2004. I have sent a letter to HFO asking them to prove the debt and advising them that this debt would be statute barred if it did exist at all. As expected they have ignored this letter and carried on calling and received the dreaded 72 hours Notice for payment of the debt. What should I do next? looking through the various threads and Forums I think I should send a CCA but some advise would be appreciated, also have the same problem with Robinson Way for another old debt they too have ignored the prove it letter should I CCA them as well, Robinson Way are a little more persistent with the phone calls but their letters are not quit as threatening as HFO.. Help please guys.. I have just got myself back to normallity and been able to get a mortgage and sensible credit cards so really dont want these DCA's to ruin my credit rating and have to start all over again.

Hi

can you possible start a new thread on this? Not being rude, it is just that it is easier to deal with one thread per person as it can get confusing. Use the new thread button on the Debt Collection forum and just copy and paste your post into that or click the triangle and get the site team to do it for you.

donate

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, CCA request sent last week, i'm currently at work and one of my colleagues has just told me an american sounding lady called, wouldn't leave a name or message and hung up, i fear this is HFO, what should i do? can i report this to anyone?? (once i know for sure it's them of course) but we don't take personal calls at work and i work in an open office so even to tell them to put everything in writing and not call me again would be quite embarassing, i remeber there was a letter with regards to harrassment that i could send does anyone have a copy of this, sorry i know i could find it myself but i'm at work and i could print off the letter and post it before the post office closes.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to give you all an update, i've heard not a dicky bird from HFO, i'm about going to send the Account in Dispute letter tomorrow, i posted the CCA request on the 3rd May, they recieved it on the 5th May, so by the time they recieve the Account in Dispute Letter they would of had 12 +2 days.

So my question is, is that it now?? I'd also like to say it again, thank you to everyone who has assisted me in this forum, your advice has been invaluable.

Loolabelle