#repossessions : Unlawful mortgage charges----help!!!

dcahelp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4747 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi thanks. I think that if a sum of money is set in stone by a court and there is nothing written or said about adding interest then it must surely be that sum and that sum alone - these are costs claimed by the other side and reduced down by the judge from their overinflated original requests - and I think that having had it stated that it be added to the security must mean that it has not been allocated as being due by any specific date or at any specific rate, but rather, sounds like it should have been a capital amount added to the mortgage - still not sure about that one either but is an interesting question.

Hi,

Just an update,

Had two letters from Redstone, one stating that they have my letter and enclosing their complaints procedure, saying they would investigate and respond within 28 days....

The second states that they have not concluded their investigations and that they expect to have done so within the next 10 WORKING days.

Is this normal Redstone or are they going to keep sending me letters saying the same thing.? Ie we havent finished yet.

Should I be pushing the matter or no?

You have to give them an opportunity to reply - so wait until the time given in the second letter has elapsed and then contact them to find out what is going on.

hiya

just and update, I have received a letter from Redstone, basically saying ha ha very funny....

They have refused to refund anything at all.....They say all customers who had been unfairly charged have been contacted an offered refunds. We were not one of them and that £50 is fair and was stated in our tarriff of charges at the time we took on the mortgage and that as we were represented by a firm of solicitors ( their conveyancing solicitor) we underdstood and accepted the fact by taking the mortgage on.

Ok, so what next, do I take this to the FOS?

hiya

just and update, I have received a letter from Redstone, basically saying ha ha very funny....

They have refused to refund anything at all.....They say all customers who had been unfairly charged have been contacted an offered refunds. We were not one of them and that £50 is fair and was stated in our tarriff of charges at the time we took on the mortgage and that as we were represented by a firm of solicitors ( their conveyancing solicitor) we underdstood and accepted the fact by taking the mortgage on.

Ok, so what next, do I take this to the FOS?

You can go to the FOS, but you can also go directly to court. You should send Redstone another letter stating that you are not satisfied with their response and give them a further seven days to consider the matter, after which you intend to go to court/FOS. Virtually all charges to a mortgage account are part of the contract, but it is whether they are a reasonable reflection of the actual costs involved. It is natural that Redstone said 'go away' - you didn't expect them to roll over straight away did you? ;) Read some of the other threads on reclaiming charges, they will undoubtedly help you a lot.