Moorcroft Debt Recovery ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4722 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

Today i received a letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery ltd demanding £1580 ( letter dated 6th april and want payment in full by 13th april ) on behalf of Lloyds tsb or they will instruct solicitors to take court action aginst me

This is for an overdraft but im ive been in a IVA since 2008 ( Thats when i changed bank thus leaving my account in this overdraft )

I feel like writing a letter back begging them to please take me to court and let a judge decide teh outcome as im sure if im in an IVA then surely any of my creditors cannot keep harrasing me ??

Any help appreciated , on how to go back at them with leters etc or people who have had experience with moorcroft ( are they serios when mention court action , door step collections etc ? )

Thanks

Moorcr@p don't know the meaning of serious, Hello guests!

And as it is them, then this is almost certainly unenforceable as that is all they deal with, the buying up of all the lemons the other fools don't want.

Is Lloyds in your IVA?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I'd be inclined to keep shtum and allow Moorcr@p to to dig their own grave, lodge a formal complaint about them to the FOS. http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

Moorcr@p won't go near a court, they can't, they are a petty foolish debt collector, something which they are very bad at.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hello , YES Lloyds is part of my IVA agrement .......... Shall i write them a letter explaining im in an IVA and feel fee to take me to court ?

hi, ignore the fools moorcrap wont go anywhere near a court. i bet you got a PRE DIVISION letter from them. they send this junk mail out every day! must cost them a fortune

i have a large suit case full of these PRE DIVISION letters. no doubt i will get some more:violin:

moorcroft have been spamming me for about 6months with litigation warnings, before that I had metropolitian spamming me. I ignore everything, Moorcroft litigation; I suggest you book a holiday to Mars and when you return, deal with it :)

I take it that you mean they have been sending you interminable emails?

Have you told them only to contact you in writing and by mail?

hi, ignore the fools moorcrap wont go anywhere near a court. i bet you got a PRE DIVISION letter from them. they send this junk mail out every day! must cost them a fortune

i have a large suit case full of these PRE DIVISION letters. no doubt i will get some more

Listen to the first verse of this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXHbQXsNpbc

moorcroft have been spamming me for about 6months with litigation warnings, before that I had metropolitian spamming me. I ignore everything, Moorcroft litigation; I suggest you book a holiday to Mars and when you return, deal with it :)

i think you will find that all the moorcrap litigation warnings, are indeed sent from their legal dept, the nearest bog in their office!

Hello Again !

So your advice is to just ignore all these letters until something / if anything about actually being taken to court arrives ??

Then maybe when that does happen send CAA requests etc for them to prove it is my " debt " and that they have the authority to collect it ??

Hello Again !

So your advice is to just ignore all these letters until something / if anything about actually being taken to court arrives ??

Then maybe when that does happen send CAA requests etc for them to prove it is my " debt " and that they have the authority to collect it ??

HI, IGNORE all the pre- division letters from moorcr@p they have no powers, only if you recive official court papers is it then you should respond

Just an update

Today i recieved a letter saying as i failed to respond before 13th April ( As requested in previous letter wanting payment in full ) then i must complete an income and expenditure with an advisor ???? Have they the powers to make me do any of this or can i just ignore their demand ??

Im getting fed up already as since monday 11th April i have now received 4 letters from Moorcroft ( In a 7 day period ) surely this must border on harrassment

Get that letter to the OFT immediately, pressurising you to do an I&E with an advisor (for which they might slap on a charge to YOU) is wrong. Why not tell them you are in an IVA and let the IVA people deal with them.... they have no right to harrass you and need to be reported.

The problem i have is the " Debt " which Moorcroft are chasing is for an overdraft which was a joint account in mine and wifes name but only myself entered into an IVA as all the debt was in my name , so i guess that they will now ( after over 3 years ) try to make my wife pay this remainding balance

If they have only chased you so far, then I suspect they will continue to only chase you. Are the letters addressed just to you or to you both?

As regards the IE sheet they have absolutely no right to ask for it, only a judge can demand you fill one in. However, sometimes it can help your cause if you offer it voluntarily to back up what you are telling them you can afford to pay each month, it is not for them to dictate this to you.

I would agree about the harassment, but would put up with it until you have a payment sorted out as you want them on your side for the moment. Once that is sorted, report them immediately for harassment.

That is where I differ! I would NOT put up with ANY of these imbeciles harassment whatsoever. If you think they are harassing you, then they are harassing you, once they have carried out an action at least twice, then they are committing a criminal offence, have them by the short & curly's!

Report them not only to the OFT&TS but the FOS your local MP the local media, AND your trump card the Police.

Here is a list of the offences they are committing.

40 Punishment for unlawful harassment of debtors.(1)A person commits an offence if, with the object of coercing another person to pay money claimed from the other as a debt due under a contract, he—(a)harasses the other with demands for payment which, in respect of their frequency or the manner or occasion of making any such demand, or of any threat or publicity by which any demand is accompanied, are calculated to subject him or members of his family or household to alarm, distress or humiliation;(b)falsely represents, in relation to the money claimed, that criminal proceedings lie for failure to pay it;©falsely represents himself to be authorised in some official capacity to claim or enforce payment; or(d)utters a document falsely represented by him to have some official character or purporting to have some official character which he knows it has not.(2)A person may be guilty of an offence by virtue of subsection (1)(a) above if he concerts with others in the taking of such action as is described in that paragraph, notwithstanding that his own course of conduct does not by itself amount to harassment.(3)Subsection (1)(a) above does not apply to anything done by a person which is reasonable (and otherwise permissible in law) for the purpose—(a)of securing the discharge of an obligation due, or believed by him to be due, to himself or to persons for whom he acts, or protecting himself or them from future loss; or(b)of the enforcement of any liability by legal process.(4)A person guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine of not more than £100, and on a second or subsequent conviction to a fine of not more than £400.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1970/31/section/40

127Improper use of public electronic communications network(1)A person is guilty of an offence if he—(a)sends by means of a public electronic communications network a message or other matter that is grossly offensive or of an indecent, obscene or menacing character; or(b)causes any such message or matter to be so sent.(2)A person is guilty of an offence if, for the purpose of causing annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to another, he—(a)sends by means of a public electronic communications network, a message that he knows to be false,(b)causes such a message to be sent; or©persistently makes use of a public electronic communications network.(3)A person guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable, on summary conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale, or to both.(4)Subsections (1) and (2) do not apply to anything done in the course of providing a programme service (within the meaning of the Broadcasting Act 1990 (c. 42)).

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2003/21/section/127

1 Prohibition of harassment.(1)A person must not pursue a course of conduct—(a)which amounts to harassment of another, and(b)which he knows or ought to know amounts to harassment of the other.(2)For the purposes of this section, the person whose course of conduct is in question ought to know that it amounts to harassment of another if a reasonable person in possession of the same information would think the course of conduct amounted to harassment of the other.(3)Subsection (1) does not apply to a course of conduct if the person who pursued it shows—(a)that it was pursued for the purpose of preventing or detecting crime,(b)that it was pursued under any enactment or rule of law or to comply with any condition or requirement imposed by any person under any enactment, or©that in the particular circumstances the pursuit of the course of conduct was reasona

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1997/40/section/1

1 Offence of sending letters etc. with intent to cause distress or anxiety.(1)Any person who sends to another person—(a)a [F1letter, electronic communication or article of any description] which conveys—(i)a message which is indecent or grossly offensive;(ii)a threat; or(iii)information which is false and known or believed to be false by the sender; or(b)any [F2article or electronic communication] which is, in whole or part, of an indecent or grossly offensive nature,is guilty of an offence if his purpose, or one of his purposes, in sending it is that it should, so far as falling within paragraph (a) or (b) above, cause distress or anxiety to the recipient or to any other person to whom he intends that it or its contents or nature should be communicated.(2)A person is not guilty of an offence by virtue of subsection (1)(a)(ii) above if he shows—(a)that the threat was used to reinforce a demand [F3made by him on reasonable grounds]; and(b)that he believed [F4, and had reasonable grounds for believing,] that the use of the threat was a proper means of reinforcing the demand.[F5(2A)In this section “electronic communication” includes—(a)any oral or other communication by means of a telecommunication system (within the meaning of the Telecommunications Act 1984 (c. 12)); and(b)any communication (however sent) that is in electronic form.](3)In this section references to sending include references to delivering [F6or transmitting] and to causing to be sent [F7, delivered or transmitted] and “sender” shall be construed accordingly.(4)A person guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable on summary conviction to [F8imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale, or to both].

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/27/section/1

Take your pick!

Today i have received a " Payment Book " from Moorcroft telling me to make monthly payments of £50 ............. How can they dictate how much etc without me even contacting them ?

Totally agree with above comments use that payment book to pay whatever you can afford and not what they want, Totally agree you have a life to live so dont let it get you down and just give them what you can afford, i have been doing some work on this where they have requested xx amount and after a bit of letter tennis they now accept x amount!! Keep positive

Steve, if you can only afford to give them £1 a month, then thats what they get, its not for them to tell you how much to pay them. I had dealings with this muppet firm a few years back, they didn't get paid as we couldn't agree an amount, they went of in a huff saying that they will take me to court, that now nearly 4 years ago & the account in question is doing the merry go round as its still in dispute.

Listen mate, don't be afraid of Moorcroft, they are nothing, just like any other DCA, they are nothing, they have no powers. It maybe worth you making a complaint to Trading Standards/Office of Fair Trading amongst others.