• Tweets

• So if this is a claim for all losses including your uninsured losses I am not sure why you would not be assisting. The court claim in your name as you are the party looking to recover losses as a result of the accident. The Insurers or their legal people will do all of the work.
    • As you are the renter of the garage, you have a direct right to sue the person who erected the bar in the tort of nuisance. Very straightforward and you can do it as a small claim by suing for the return of your money and a small amount of damages - say £100.   We can help you.   Get together with the other people affected and do it together.   Normally you would want an order from the court that he stops the nuisance.  This would be a more complicated procedure - but if you win your small claim action is is scarcely imaginable that he will continue.   Nuisance is the wrongful interference with the enjoyment of land and as long as you have a legitimate interest in the land then any interference with that could be a nuisance. You are renter and he has interfered with your access to it
    • Is this a lock up in a block behind houses, and the path is just wide enough vor vehicles to access. ?  If the HA could be bothered they should be the initial contasct as per DX, its up to them to tolchock tne other renter if there is no permission to restrict access.
    • Get the statement which you have been offered.  It will be extremely important to your case.   I would suggest that you write to him and tell him that only a full refund will be acceptable and that you are extending your deadline by a further 5 days after which you will issue the claim without further discussion.   I agree that you are in a bind about needing a car etc.   If you fell that you would be better served by getting it repaired and suing for those costs then that is certainly an option.  In that case get 2 quotes for the work and send then to him and tell him that you are going to put the work in hand in 5 days and that you will be suing him for the cost.   However, don't forget that you will still be saddled with the vehicle and if there are further problems in the future you will still be faced with the same issues with this dealer.   You would be much better off making a clean break and suing for the refund.   Whatever, get the statement - post a copy here.    
    • So you're telling me you wouldn't rule it out but agreeing with others it's true without qualification. Hardly objective.   There is no evidence it's true and not even Labour are suggesting it. Like I say, opinions are fine but they are worthless unlesss they have at least some factual basis.   Germany put Spain on their quarentine list yesterday, are you blaming that on Brexiteers too?
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
Rashley

Lowering Wage

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3413 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Guys,

Posted this on a different forum and someone suggested this may be a better place. Worth a try.

"

Hi GUys,

Not sure I'm in the right place but here goes. Last year, I was made
redundant
link3.gif
and spent 6 months out of work.

I found a job, which I have been doing now for two months. The salary is hugh enough to take me out of any form of benefit.

I have now been offered another job. The salary is MUCH lower and would put me back into the WTC, HB, CTB bracket. However, it is something I would prefer to do, much closer to home (as in five minutes away, rather than two hours each way), and would make my family life VERY VERY VERY much easier. (I have four kids, one with night terrors that have been going on for three months. This means getting up 4 or 5 times a night. Believe me, you have no idea.....

Two questions;

Ignoring morals, how would the 'authorities' view my decision to lower my wage through choice ? Would there be a problem with claiming these benefits ?

What would you do ? Happy family life with not much money or NO family life with a little bit more money.

By the way, I haven't just had enough of work. I have no intention of sitting at home. This would just make our life so much easier for the next six months or so, until all the kids are at school/nursery, and (hopefully) the night terrors have sorted themselves out. After that, back to the Rat Race.

Thanks.

Rashley"

I would definitely put my family first and take the new job, although the wages are lower you are trying your best and a few months down the line if you stay where you are, you could easily crack up with the stress of travelling two hours each way and dealing with a distraught child and juggling family responsibilities.

Your health is your wealth.

Thanks for that. ANy idea what 'Big Brothers' view would be though ? I would be voluntarily lowering my wage and relying on Working Tax Credits, Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit.

Would I be eligible in these circumstances ?

Sorry, Im no expert in that department -Im not sure how they would respond.

I'm not too sure you even need to go into explanations when you put in a claim for housing benefit. As long as you provide all the right details, & you qualify based on your income, josb done.

Just bear in mind once you're on the benefit wheel, you cant do any over time without telling them, if you get a bonus they need to know. Anything that varies they need to know.

As long as you're on the ball, all should be fine. I personally found it too complex, restricting & worrying to work & claim benefits too, but only you know your own circumstances & need to do what's best for you x

You are not really lowering your wage through choice because family circumstances are beyond your control.

I cant imagine the stress of not getting much sleep then travelling two hours to do your job, You must be exhausted. You will eventually 'burn out; as you are only human. I agree if you explain your circumstances and your income is not sufficient, you must be able to claim.

The only thing I think you night have trouble with is that you chose to leave your job and Im not sure if there is a time delay between this and claiming benefits.

Thanks guys,

Actually, I would be changing jobs rather than voluntarily making myself unemployed. I was hoping that this would make a difference and mean no time lapse before benefits kicked in.

Any Thoughts on that ?

Rashley

Edited by Rashley
Addition

Any thoughts on the above posting ?

Times may have changed, but 16 years ago my partner & I left our full time jobs where we both worked together, our first baby was due 4 weeks later. Partner started work for the NHS, at the time it was only 25 hours a week. I was on maternity leave. We had made sure beforehand by ringing the benfits dept what we would get. And we got it.

So unless it's changed, I cant see them even questioning it. I assume like us you weren't claiming it beforehand?

No, we're not getting anything at the moment. Just feel like my family has to come first. At least for the next six months or so anyway. I'll still be working, just less money for better hours

I've not come across anything that says you can't claim those benefits if you change your job and receive a lower wage. After all, how do they prove that the reason for changing jobs was to get more benefits? There are many reasons why people change jobs.

No, we're not getting anything at the moment. Just feel like my family has to come first. At least for the next six months or so anyway. I'll still be working, just less money for better hours

Yes, same here. Less hours & money. But he had only worked in the one place since leaving school, & we had worked together for 6 years, he hated the thought of working there after I left :oops:

He went to work for the NHS part time, but these days he does the job full time, just at the time he wanted to be a more active father, & benefits helped that happen.

I don't know of any regualtions statimg that you would be refused tax credits purely because you took a job that fits in with your family life more. With a family you have to have a good home/work life balance or things suffer.

If you are offered the job and it's best for you then go for it!

As far as i'm aware you can't be penalised for finding a lower paid job that's less stressful and I don't think the forms you have to fill will even ask why

you have a different income as people's circumstances change all the time .

Go for the new job and be happy!

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs