Will HSBC Close My Account?

scott808
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6430 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, this is my first post, so first of all thanks for all the help you have given me through this website!

I have asked for and received the copies of all my bank statements for the last six years. After going through them i found that i have been charged £830 in overdraft charges, so I'm now ready to start my claim. But, I was told today that HSBC will close my account when I make the claim and that it then becomes harder to open an account with a new bank. So my question is, how likely is that HSBC will close my account? And also what banks are the best banks to change to? Are there any that do not have an unauthorised overdraft facility? as i have asked HSBC to cancel the unauthorised overdraft facility before and all they would do was offer to increase my overdraft. Also I would prefer to open the account online because i have trouble getting to Banks.

Thank you

Scott

ok, first things first, who told you that they would definitely close your account?

secondly, for the most part , those that only submit one claim to hsbc dont have their accounts closed

and thirdly the natwest step acount sounds ideal for you, alternatively

look here

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

Thanks mate, yeah thats what i thought. It was a friend of my mums who had her account closed after she claimed £4000 back from them. I had a look earlier at the Natwest accounts and i was wondering if you can get an unauthorised overdraft charge with the step account, as theres no overdraft facility with it. Is that what makes that account a good one to change to?

Thanks

scott808

The woolwich doesn't have unauthorised overdraft facilities. (although I don't know whether that will be the same for new accounts now they are part of Barclays Bandits)

Mr & Mrs Bigboy

14/09/06 - Prelim letter sent

15/09/06 - Prelim letters received in Leeds & Canary Wharf (our branch)

29/09/06- LBA Sent

02/10/06 - LBA's received in Leeds & Canary Wharf (our branch)

13/10/06 - Received part offer - rejected

16/10/06 - MCOL issued

Thanks mate, yeah thats what i thought. It was a friend of my mums who had her account closed after she claimed £4000 back from them. I had a look earlier at the NatWest accounts and i was wondering if you can get an unauthorised overdraft charge with the step account, as theres no overdraft facility with it. Is that what makes that account a good one to change to?

Thanks

scott808

well mostly because of the fact its one of the easiest ones to get approved for, even if your credit score is a little less than perfect

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation