Lowells/CL Finance and CCJ on Asda card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3686 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Lowell Financial sent a letter to us in July 2010 Re Asda card

it said original company name CL Finance Limited.

We have moved house

Lowell Financial have sent a letter to this new address.

Same letter as before but this time saying have purchased debt from Asda

also it says Original company name Asda,

this time it says will use the court to enforce the county court judgement that has alrady been obtained.

If this was obtained by another company can they still enforce the court proceedings

and send in the bailiffs as it says they are going to do.

I had not given them my new address how did they come to send to new address.

Confused

How old is this debt? How long is it since you made any payments to it? To put you at ease I don't think Lowells will take enforcement action straightaway, even if it is legal which it may be. If they have had an absolue assignment - ie - bought the debt with all its rights and duties then I think they can use the original court order, depending on how long ago it was obtained.

I would not worry unduly yet, keep all the letters as you may be able to use them to fire back at them later on. I'd be inclined to send the I don't acknowledge this debt as I've never heard of Lowells and see what they send back .

If they have already obtained a Judgement then that will have been by default, and as it has come out of lowlifes mouth, is probably another of their lies, you can check for any Judgements here:

http://www.trustonline.org.uk/search-yourself/

It will cost you £8, and the info is emailed directly to your in box, if there are any Judgements against you then this will flag it up.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I was caught out by this. Worth checking, or if you want it cheaper sign up for a free trial of your credit report and look - just don't forget to cnacel it!

In terms of can they do it, if they have an Absolute Assignment of the debt (rights and duties) then my understanding is that they effectively take over from the original creditor so ues, they would be able too. However just because they could does not mean they will. I'm sure you know not to believe very much of what DCA's say.