BankFodder BankFodder

orfoster

APEX Credit Management (settlement offers)

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3172 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone,

I've had a letter from Apex who are dealing with a couple of accounts from Lloyds and NatWest.

They claim they have carried out an assessment on me and have discovered I have funds to pay the debts (currently I'm paying a DMP through PayPlan), couple of weeks ago I did get some money from a relative, how the hell do they know? My current account isn't associated with either Lloyds or NatWest!

I am looking to make reduced offers on the accounts, both of the accounts above are old current accounts that have substantial charges making up the debt, probably 75%.

Does anyone know if APEX accept reduced settlements? Or if I should challenge the accounts/charges etc?

Thanks

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

Hi Orfoster. You may like to read Sequencis blog on F&F's http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/entry.php?202-Full-and-final-settlements-A-guide-for-the-rest-of-us

Also are the charges unlawfull? You should reclaim these if they are and insist on the money being paid back to yourself from the origional creditors. Go through and make sure that the DCA hasn't added interest/charges that they were not entitled to and deduct from the figure that they claim is owed when deciding what your F&F will be

My advice is given through personal experience and is given without prejudice

If I Have helped please feel free to click the star

:smile:

Hi everyone,

I've had a letter from Apex who are dealing with a couple of accounts from Lloyds and NatWest.

They claim they have carried out an assessment on me and have discovered I have funds to pay the debts (currently I'm paying a DMP through PayPlan), couple of weeks ago I did get some money from a relative, how the hell do they know? My current account isn't associated with either Lloyds or NatWest!

I am looking to make reduced offers on the accounts, both of the accounts above are old current accounts that have substantial charges making up the debt, probably 75%.

Does anyone know if APEX accept reduced settlements? Or if I should challenge the accounts/charges etc?

Thanks

Apex ALWAYS they have used external sources to assess your financial situation and believe you have sufficient means to pay them!! IGNORE!!!

Once you've established that they have the right to contact you (Notice of Assignment) and you've requested a copy of your Consumer Credit Agreement (CCA) if the debt is for a loan etc., then and only then, even think about giving them any money!

I managed to get rid of Apex in 3-4 carefully written letters. It's now with Credit Security Ltd. They've had the account for over 3-4 months and I've only just agreed to pay them a token monthly payment of £1.00. I'm not on benefits but my disposal income is negligible.

I've been writing to LLoydsTSB complaining about every aspect of the way the DCAs they've appointed have mis-managed the way they deal with me. As a result, I have had two separate compensation payments from LloydsTSB of £50 (for not returning my £1 postal order when they couldn't provide me with a copy of my CCA) and almost £1,600 in charges (without my having to ask for them). If I were you, I'd definitely question the charges element of your account - SAR them and calculate charges from your statements. A Full and Final offer is your last resort, exhaust everything else first, and then if you do have to offer a F&F, come back here for advice first.

Keep strong, stay persistent and explore every avenue possible before paying them what YOU can reasonably maintain and sustain each month, even if it is only £1/month.

Take control of your life and your finances, don't let APEX do it for you.

It's good to hear that your "funds" aren't held in any acounts associated with Loyds or Nat West.

Impecunious! :-D

just bumping as i am also with Apex and was considering a nominal F&F offer to them. They have certainly had their pound of flesh from me. Does anyone know what % they would accept? Its a £3K debt. Thanks x.