Doorstep Collection notice For a British gas dept

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4737 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all, i hope i get some help because im going nuts!!!

So two years ago, on the previous flat i was renting i had british gas & Electricity. When i moved out i missed "Apparently" few payments.

since Last year i been receiving calls from Wescot Credit services to pay the debt. I chose to ignore them because i remember not having any debt.

Then i received a letter from a solicitors office sayin that wescot is willing to consider realistic options for repayment based on my personal circumstances.

I emailed them, asking for the bill that states my name, my flat the bill is for and the amount i owe, as well as the dates for this amount. That was a month a go (10/03/11). I told them that i only will to contact them through emails.

I received no reply whatsoever

Today (7/04/11) I received a letter from ScotCall Debt collecting services with a Doorstep Collection Notice, saying that if i dont pay the debt immediately my account will be passed to their Field representatives to arrange a doorstep call.

What can i do??

Shoul i email the ScotCall Debt collectors and say the same stuff i told the solicitors? (send me a bill with the amount owned etc)

Please Help.

Regards,

Charlee

what can you do?

not answer the door or just tell them to go away

they are DEBT COLLECTORS not BAILIFFS

they have no legal powers at all

and have as much right as the milkman to demand money from you.

you are on a phishing list for an old supposed debt you owe

that the OCwrote of years ago

these leeches are just rtying to fleece you.

you owe nothing

ignore them and do a bit of reading here

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

oh and NEVER EVER use the phone to a DCA/tame solitor/door stepper

you are under NO legal obl to converse with them at ALL

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

And, if you can't co-operate with ScotCall, they will take the next drastic step - of passing it back to their client...

IF they do call round simply say Goodbye and close the door. You do not have to talk to their representative, you've not invited them to call.

There are letters in the library (see top left of this page, click on Library then follow Debt Collection) to ask them to 'prove it'.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Not email - letter, sent recorded/signed for, otherwise they will just pass your email address around for other DCA's to harass you on.

You need proof of what you've done, just in case, and being able to show a judge that you sent a letter, on a certain date, and that it was signed for, goes a long way towards showing that you were doing your best to resolve any issues.

You say it's not your debt, you should be able to show when you left the premises, that you notified the energy company, or your landlord did, and that it's not your responsibility. It is for the company doing the chasing to prove that you owe them money, beyond any reasonable doubt. If you have told them that it's not your debt, in writing, then they should not be taking further action without investigating and providing you with the proof required.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

pers i'd send nowt

it'll only get you a marker on the phishing list that a mug awaits fleecing with a few more threat-o-grams

dx

and they

Alternatively you can set up a throw away email address, and use that to correspond with them. I am no longer a fan of sending letters by recorded delivery, there is no need to throw good money after bad, you can just as easily, send letters 2nd class and obtain "Proof of posting" from the post office counter, that is ALL you legally need to prove they received your letters.

Besides emails are another perfectly legitimate and accepted form of correspondence, and you will again have proof that you sent them the email, and a copy of it.

P.S as DX says, why worry, send them zero, give a dog a bone and it will keep coming back! This is after all only Snotcall were talking about, and they are the ringmasters of comedy in this deluded circus industry..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I Think i might just email them.

I can still have a proof that i contact them by printing the email.

Im just scared that ill open my door by mistake if they send a door step collector!

Hi charlee

I know it's not easy but stop living in fear of opening your door to anyone

If it turns out to be a DCA just tell them that you're not going to speak to them and go (or words to that effect :wink:)

Despite the problem it's still your life so follow the advice already given and enjoy things

Good luck

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Im just scared that ill open my door by mistake if they send a door step collector!

This is exactly why they like to threaten and intimidate people with this line, because they know it will either embarrass them or send them into a state of panic.

BUT when you actually read up on your rights and become accustomed and confident in them then you very quickly learn that what they are doing IS a tort of trespass, AND they have absolutely ZERO legal rights to be on your property, least of all be demanding money from you.

THEY are the ones who should be afraid of knocking on peoples doors, not you who lives in that property afraid of opening your own door!

If a person was to knock on your door and demand money from you, purporting that it was some alleged debt you owe, and that they were from said company come to collect it, would you be compliant and hand over cash to a complete stranger??

I very strongly doubt it, and you would certainly tell them where to get off!

That is ALL these tin pot DCA's are, random strangers, thinking they are one rung above the rest of society and able to demand money that they are not entitled to, or are uneducated & unqualified to even collect!

ANYONE knocking on YOUR door asking for money, or personal details can be told to foxtrot oscar, take their photograph shut the door, and if they fail to leave, ring the Police 999, and have them removed.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!