#HBOS : Full and Final negotiations.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4765 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I've been attempting to negotiate with good old Blair Oliver and Scott over an old IF, now Halifax CC. I've reclaimed charges, CCA'd (looks legit) and now I have some cash to make a full and final offer of about 70% of the debt at most.

I wrote to them and was asked to call (I know, never talk but I did) and they made a 70% offer. I was about to accept as long as they put it all in writing when the guy told me it'd be marked as partially satisfied on my Credit report. This worries me as I believe this means the rest of the debt will be forever 'lurking in background' and I'll have to take their word for it that they won't chase it in future. I wasn't happy with this so spoke to a manager who was sympathetic but unable to mark the file as 'fully satisfied'. Naturally I asked for the address to write to so as I could negotiate more but all they have is the same address as I initially wrote to so the whole thing will presumably start again. So my questions are;

1. How bad is a 'partially satisfied'. I was defaulted nearly 2 years ago so this should go away in 4 years. If the debt is partially satisfied from now would that mean it is there for another 6 years causing almost as many problems as a default.

2. I've just found out I'm to be made redundant. Does this make my case stronger?

3. I've been regularly paying my agreement of £40 and adding another £10 off my own back. At this rate they will get all their cash back in about 11 years. Surely by then inflation would have made the initial sum near worthless? Why can't they see it makes more business sense to accept a substantial part of the payment now! Madness it would seem.

4. Any tips on wording for getting my credit file marked as fully satisfied?

5. Does anyone have an address/contact that goes above the phone lackies at BOS? As I'm sure the polite chap I spoke to does not own the company I assume there must be a higher up I could write to that would have some power to be flexible.

Sorry for the mountain of text. Any help would be much appreciated.

Natwest Credit Card- £850- WON!!!

Natwest Current Account- £380 (in 1 month!)- On Hold

Mint- £250- WON!!!

Egg- Still waiting on list of charges

CAP1- Still waiting on list of charges

HSBC current account- On hold

IF- waiting...

Barclaycard- £124 WON!!!

And now, using what I've learnt from you wonderful people, to CCA the lot of them! (well credit cards at least)

never ever do a F&F unless all negative data is REMOVED from the CRA history and the debt is marked SATISFIED.

you also need to ensure the acceptance also clearly states they agree to never chase the remainder

give them two choices.

either the thee things above

or i reduce my payments to £1 PCM till i die

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the quick reply. When you say ALL negative data, does that include the original default? Or is that a bit too much to hope for?

Mint- £250- WON!!!

IF- waiting...

Barclaycard- £124 WON!!!

And now, using what I've learnt from you wonderful people, to CCA the lot of them! (well credit cards at least)

no all

even a default marker or late paymentmarker is as bad as a ccj to a future lender

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok, that makes sense but in real terms what are the chances of actually succeeding in this? I have an offer of the money but it may not be around for long. Also I have 2 other defaults that will get in the way on any future lending (not that I have any intention of borrowing any time soon!) so removing this default may be irrelevant.

Mint- £250- WON!!!

IF- waiting...

Barclaycard- £124 WON!!!