• Tweets

• The Notice to Hirer does not comply with the protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule  4 . This is before I ask if Europarks have sent you a copy of the PCN they sent to Arval along with a copy of the hire agreement et. if they haven't done that either you are totally in the clear and have nothing to worry about and nothing to pay. The PCN they have sent you is supposed to be paid by you according to the Act within 21 days. The chucklebuts have stated 28 days which is the time that motorists have to pay. Such a basic and simple thing . The Act came out in 2012 and still they cannot get it right which is very good news for you. Sadly there is no point in telling them- they won't accept it because they lose their chance to make any money out of you. they are hoping that by writing to you demanding money plus sending in their  unregulated debt collectors and sixth rate solicitors that you might be so frightened as to pay them money so that you can sleep at night. Don't be surprised if some of their letters are done in coloured crayons-that's the sort of  level of people you will be dealing with. Makes great bedding for the rabbits though. Euro tend not to be that litigious but while you can safely ignore the debt collectors just keep an eye out for a possible Letter of Claim. They are pretty rare but musn't be ignored. Let us know so that you can send a suitably snotty letter to them showing that you are not afraid of them and are happy to go to Court as you like winning.  
    • They did reply to my defence stating it would fail and enclosed copies of NOA, DN Term letter and account statements. All copies of T&C's that could be reconstructions and the IP address on there resolves to the town where MBNA offices are, not my location
    • Here are 7 of our top tips to help you connect with young people who have left school or otherwise disengaged.View the full article
    • My defence was standard no paperwork:   1.The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 2. Paragraph 1 is noted. The Defendant has had a contractual relationship with MBNA Limited in the past. The Defendant does not recognise the reference number provided by the claimant within its particulars and has sought verification from the claimant who is yet to comply with requests for further information. 3. Paragraph 2 is denied. The Defendant maintains that a default notice was never received. The Claimant is put to strict proof to that a default notice was issued by MBNA Limited and received by the Defendant. 4. Paragraph 3 is denied. The Defendant is unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served from either the Claimant or MBNA Limited. 5. On the 02/01/2023 the Defendant requested information pertaining to this claim by way of a CCA 1974 Section 78 request. The claimant is yet to respond to this request. On the 19/05/2023 a CPR 31.14 request was sent to Kearns who is yet to respond. To date, 02/06/2023, no documentation has been received. The claimant remains in default of my section 78 request. 6. It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant, the Claimant has failed to provide any evidence of proof of assignment being sent/ agreement/ balance/ breach or termination requested by CPR 31.14, therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to: (a) show how the Defendant entered into an agreement; and (b) show and evidence the nature of breach and service of a default notice pursuant to Section 87(1) CCA1974 (c) show how the claimant has reached the amount claimed for; and (d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim; 7. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed. 8. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the consumer credit Act 1974. 9. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.
    • Monika the first four pages of the Private parking section have at least 12 of our members who have also been caught out on this scam site. That's around one quarter of all our current complaints. Usually we might expect two current complaints for the same park within 4 pages.  So you are in good company and have done well in appealing to McDonalds in an effort to resolve the matter without having  paid such a bunch of rogues. Most people blindly pay up. Met . Starbucks and McDonalds  are well aware of the situation and seem unwilling to make it easier for motorists to avoid getting caught. For instance, instead of photographing you, if they were honest and wanted you  to continue using their services again, they would have said "Excuse me but if you are going to go to Mc donalds from here, it will cost you £100." But no they kett quiet and are now pursuing you for probably a lot more than £100 now. They also know thst  they cannot charge anything over the amount stated on the car park signs. Their claims for £160 or £170 are unlawful yet so many pay that to avoid going to Court. When the truth is that Met are unlikely to take them to Court since they know they will lose. The PCNs are issued on airport land which is covered by Byelaws so only the driver can be pursued, not the keeper. But they keep writing to you as they do not know who was driving unless you gave it away when you appealed. Even if they know you were driving they should still lose in Court for several reasons. The reason we ask you to fill out our questionnaire is to help you if MET do decide to take you to Court in the end. Each member who visited the park may well have different experiences while there which can help when filling out a Witness statement [we will help you with that if it comes to it.] if you have thrown away the original PCN  and other paperwork you obviously haven't got a jerbil or a guinea pig as their paper makes great litter boxes for them.🙂 You can send an SAR to them to get all the information Met have on you to date. Though if you have been to several sites already, you may have done that by now. In the meantime, you will be being bombarded by illiterate debt collectors and sixth rate solicitors all threatening you with ever increasing amounts as well as being hung drawn and quartered. Their letters can all be safely ignored. On the odd chance that you may get a Letter of Claim from them just come back to us and we will get you to send a snotty letter back to them so that they know you are not happy, don't care a fig for their threats and will see them off in Court if they finally have the guts to carry on. If you do have the original PCN could you please post it up, carefully removing your name. address and car registration number but including dates and times. If not just click on the SAR to take you to the form to send to Met.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

BT is very expensive for me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4766 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When I check my Direct Debit towards the end of last month, I was surprised to see that it had gone up to £110+ instead of my usual £35-45. I looked in my useage and noticed that there is a number of charged international calls towards the end of the billing period (2 Mar - 9 Mar). I am on International Freedom and thought I had gone over its allowance so I thought it was my fault and thought nothing much of it.

However I did set up email alerts to warn me of calls over £1 and if the total calls are over £10. Next day I got a flood of email warnings from BT prompting me to check my bills and useage in detail.

I noticed that my International Freedom package was stopped on 2 Mar for some reason. I did NOT cancel it myself as I use. However I did remember someone from India calling me around the end of Feb asking me if I want unlimited weekends and evening calls on my internet phone for free, as long as I stay with BT with another 12 months. I had no plans to leave BT and since it is free, I just OKed it and thought nothing much of it.

I did, however, received emails from BT telling me that the free evening and weekend will go live on 1 Mar. Strangely, according to my last bill, it is the same date the International Freedom gone off. At no point did I say I want it off nor did anyone tell me it will go off. What I believe is that idiot from India had cancelled my International Freedom pack.

So when I checked my unbilled useage on 1 Apr, I got the shock of my life with £295 of unbilled calls. I know there is no point phoning India again as I know I will either be told;

1. Not their problem or
  2. Pay up now and it will get credited back to me in my future bills or
  3. They will not understand what I said and I will not understand what they said

Writing to BT will also take too long as my bill cycle is around the 10th of every month and I do not want £300+ to come out of my account. I did sent a email complaint, but as usual, BT did not even bother to reply to me.

I went straight to my local CAB and they offer to call BT for me, and promised that it will NOT be to India. They have a different number to the usual 150 the general public calls. It is a number to an UK call centre and the following was what they said:

1. They "cannot" find the recording of the call I had with India at the end of Feb and therefore they cannot prove if I had or had not taken off International Freedom myself or is it the Indian guy that took it off.
  2. BUT they agree it makes no sense for me to cancel a £5 per month package and pay £70+ a week or £295 for 3 weeks, and therefore it is very unlikely that it will be me that took it off.
  3. They will refund the £70 I paid for last month's bill, put a stop on the £295 for this month and reinstate my International Freedom package.

As all these was comminicated with the advicer at CAB on the phone instead of direct to me, I went on to BT's Live Chat to confirm what was being said. All the above was confirmed and I made it a point to save the whole conversion with the person on Live Chat.

However, today, 8 days after the call and chat to BT and 1 more day to bill day, £295 is still showing as unbilled and no International Freedom on my account. I dare not call my friends and family overseas as I am concern that it will push the unbilled amount even higher. My next bill is dued in 4 days time and unbilled calls plus line rental plus broadband means it will be over £300.

i do not know if I should;

1. just pay the next bill and then try to claim it back from BT
  2. or stop my Direct Debit as the bill is in dispute

Option 1 could mean it will take a very long time to claim it back from BT and push my account into overdraft (guess who have to pay for the overdraft charges?).

Option 2 could mean that BT will disconnect my line and report me to CRAs and/or DRAs, screwing up my credit reference file.

NatWest for £272:Full and final settlement: 13/11/06

Argos Card for £52.50:Paid to Argos account: 10/11/06

Bank of Scotland for £218:Full and final settlement: 25/01/07

I would suggest contacting the person you spoke to at the CAB. I expect that the person they spoke to has had to send various requests to different departments at BT, and it may take a few more days to show as being resolved on your account. Unfortunately BT are a massive company, and when one thing goes wrong it knocks on to several other departments. At least the CAB will be able to speak to someone that can check across departments to check that it is being sorted.

I would suggest contacting the person you spoke to at the CAB. I expect that the person they spoke to has had to send various requests to different departments at BT, and it may take a few more days to show as being resolved on your account. Unfortunately BT are a massive company, and when one thing goes wrong it knocks on to several other departments. At least the CAB will be able to speak to someone that can check across departments to check that it is being sorted.

Actually, it is the person at CAB that contacted me after he got off the phone with BT. I went onto live chat myself later to confirm what he told me, and printed the chat as future evidence.

I know BT is very big, etc. But isn't that what computers are supposed to solve, an intergrated solution? Tomorrow is my bill date, saying they cannot remove/stop the £295 is just rubbish, all it takes is just a few button push. Also, why can they add "notes" to my account but not update my account? If they have a billing program that they cannot override, then it is not a very good system is it?

Anyone who had previous problems with BT will tell you how difficult it is to get refunds, which is why I do not want it to go into the bill tomorrow.

Emailing BT complants is useless, they do not reply to you. Calling 150 is useless as it goes to India. Using LiveChat is useless as they cannot carry out any changes to the account. Using BTCare forum is useless as the mods are more interested in editing posts that the do not like.

BUT emailing Ian Livingston is useful as I got a reply from his PA within 17 minutes and the matter is now being looked into by his senior management team.

You would rightly think that BT would have a fully wired up system, and that one person would be able to deal with a issue such as this. However they seem to have small departments that deal with different things, and when the customer care team need to resolve a complex issue, they have to contact each department separately.

As far as their overseas call centre is concerned, they seem also to only have access to a small part of a customers account - no doubt due to data protection issues. This makes it even more frustrating as they often cannot even answer the simplest of questions. From my experience, BT do some things very well, but the minute they go wrong it can be a nightmare unraveling things.

In relation to the billing issue, I understand that they farm out the posting of the bills to another company. This no doubt means that the data has to be closed off a few days before the bills are printed.

I now record all phone-calls as you can never be sure of who you are speaking to, and if they are actually doing what they say they are doing. I have just had a problem with a supermarket chain, who were disputing when I had made the original complaint. It was only when I offered to send them an mp3 of the call that they accepted that they were mistaken. It is a shame that it has come to this, but sadly the only way to ensure that you get a reasonable level of customer service these days is to either put things in writing, or record your calls.

RESULT!!! 16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif And that is not from the useless call centres or mods on BTCare forum. As I said earlier, got a email reply from the CEO's PA within 17 minutes of sending the email. And Just a moment ago, got a phone call from a lady in the Executive Level Complaints stating that:

1) International Freedom had been reinstated

2) £295 will NOT be taken from my direct debit

3) She will personally put a stop and adjustment to my bill as soon as it is out on Monday

Best of all, a phone number to her personally in Edinburgh, not to India!

Time from sending of email to BT's CEO to problem solved by a person: 6 hours!

Edited by alvinlwh
Error due to cut and paste from BTCare forum, refering to mods there NOT here!

In relation to refunds from BT, I did have a similar problem where I was overcharged. In my case though I just accepted that it would be corrected on my next bill, and it was.

Not sure how "healthy" your bank balance is, but in my case, it will push it into overdraft and cost me £1 a day in charges, not acceptable.