TV Licence

UnmoderatetheNet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4751 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I stopped watching TV months ago and I've been enriched by the experience,:-D

Now I'm thinking I should stop paying the TV licence.

I have virgin broadband WITHOUT TV service package and a virgin TV connection in the wall, even if I wanted I couldn't fit a standard aerial into it. I don't own an aerial so even if i wanted to I could not get a signal.

I use the HD TV as a coumputer monitor and occasional download tv using the BBCi player.

When the scummy TV inspector visits can I tell him where he can stick his licence and how far up it should go?

Thanks

Edited by UnmoderatetheNet

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

Guest jsa12

i agree,the best advice is to totally ignore them beware they may try a dirty trick of proporting to be from an other organisation at the door even with id,just close it.

i have not paid them and soon will be entering my forth term of not paying,they will not be getting any money from me.the news reports are just people who should have done the above and to install a fear culture against those who do not want to pay.

Hi, i have just started doing the same thing, stopped my direct debit and awaiting the fallout. Its not about the money (although it helps) but i am sick of the bias and god awful programmes full of celebrities dancing and fannying around every night of the week.

I will not miss it. The bbc have used every trick in the book over the years to instill fear into the common man. Most of what they peddle is lies. You DO NOT have to have a tv license, do NOT bother to let them know, you are under NO obligation. Do NOT talk to any doorstep visitors, again there is no obligation and a contract is only formed which can be used against you in court once you start to admit watching tv in front of them etc.

At the end of the day, there is nothing to feel guilty about if you genuinely arent watching live tv broadcasts although the bbc do class everyone who doesnt pay as fee evading ****.

I for one will no longer contribute to the likes of Chris Moyles's obscene wages anymore! This isnt about saying the bbc isnt value for money but about having the choice to decide. More power to you!

The inteligence of CAG members has gone down considerably.

VIRGIN NO TV PACKAGE

NO AERIAL CONNECTION

NO AERIAL

HD TV USED AS COMPUTER MONITOR

DO I NEED A TV LICENCE

I use the HD TV as a coumputer monitor and occasional download tv using the BBCi player.

Forgive me for asking and sounding very old, but if you want to download BBC programs, how do you think they are paid for? As the BBC doesn't accept paid advertising, that could mean that it's the rest of the licence payers as I understand it.

Is that OK with you?

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

The inteligence of CAG members has gone down considerably.

VIRGIN NO TV PACKAGE

NO AERIAL CONNECTION

NO AERIAL

HD TV USED AS COMPUTER MONITOR

DO I NEED A TV LICENCE

No.

Forgive me for asking and sounding very old, but if you want to download BBC programs, how do you think they are paid for? As the BBC doesn't accept paid advertising, that could mean that it's the rest of the licence payers as I understand it.

Is that OK with you?

My best, HB

From the BBC LIcense page.

You need to be covered by a valid TV Licence if you watch or record TV as it's being broadcast. This includes the use of devices such as a computer, laptop, mobile phone or DVD/video recorder.

So does that mean iplayer is exempt as it only allows shows after they have been broadcast

You need to be covered by a valid TV Licence if you watch or record TV as it's being broadcast. This includes the use of devices such as a computer, laptop, mobile phone or DVD/video recorder.

So does that mean iplayer is exempt as it only allows shows after they have been broadcast

I understand that you have a technical query, but I just wondered out loud how you think the programmes might be funded when the BBC isn't allowed to accept advertising. You may be technically right, although I don't understand enough to comment, but what about morally?

Where is the money going to come from for the programmes you want to download if everyone does what you do? There won't be any licencepayers.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

UMTN=in your case your do not need a licence. simples.

as long as you do not watch LIVE TV [as it happens!] on any meduim - you do not need one.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As DX says, its very clearly stated on the tv licensing site.

Honeybee: I appreciate what you are saying but i dont care what happens to the bbc, my opinion is that they need to adapt possibly to a subscription model. As for iplayer, those are the rules and no one should feel guilty for following them.

Morally as you put it, is something the bbc dont understand, the very first letter you will get after cancelling will be threats. You are guilty until you prove yourself innocent. What excellent customer service eh?

Guest jsa12

its only for broadcasts as they are being shown on live (broadcast) television,not for dvd video exe indeed a license is not required because you even own a tv set although they will try and distort this,there's good advice in this thread for dealing with this crowd once and for all.

they dont like being recorded in their antics from whats been shown,just ignore them is the best advice.

You can tell any Capita at the door to bugger off, whether you have a TV or not :D from what I can see, most of the prosecutions are where people have admitted at the door to watching, or let the them in.

afaik Iplayer is not covered by licensing, and you do not need one.

But as pointed out, its hardly fair to other licence payers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry, but its not unfair to anyone, they are the rules that they set out. Perfectly legal and above board so hardly .

Just because it's legal doesn't mean it's fair. The content on iPlayer is paid for by the licence fee.

Legally, you don't have to buy a TV licence to watch iPlayer.

Morally however, you should.

Then we will agree to disagree. Morally, an individual shouldnt be hounded like a criminal when he/she says they dont require a tv license. I dont watch live tv so i dont need a license. Nice and simple. I do not however expect to have to bend over backwards to prove it to the wolf in sheeps clothing called the bbc.

Just because it's legal doesn't mean it's fair. The content on iPlayer is paid for by the licence fee.

Legally, you don't have to buy a TV licence to watch iPlayer.

Morally however, you should.

Ha..what rubbish.....if the BBC want to give away programs for free then that is entirely their fault, no-one is forcing them to run the iPlayer service, I'm in the same boat, i only watch downloaded tv shows after they have been broadcast and I am under no obligation legally to buy a licence, do i lie awake at night racked with guilt because 'morally' I should be forking out my hard earned cash so stars and execs at the bbc can have huge salaries..do I f**K !

Andy

• Confused 1

Then we will agree to disagree. Morally, an individual shouldnt be hounded like a criminal when he/she says they dont require a tv license. I dont watch live tv so i dont need a license. Nice and simple. I do not however expect to have to bend over backwards to prove it to the wolf in sheeps clothing called the bbc.

You have no obligation legally or otherwise to inform tv licensing that you you do not require a tv license.

Do what I do when I have had no tv and that is to just ignore there letters because there letters will still turn up regardless..

Guest jsa12
from what I can see, most of the prosecutions are where people have admitted at the door to watching, or let the them in.

sadly this is the case,many have also fallen foul of the intimidation of the letters and paid up,considerably more honest people then the tv licencing/capita who have lied to courts in an attempt to secure prosecutions.

since the attempted deception at the door they have not been back since,it was a stupid thing to try the "cover" was blown when the same person was casing the outside of my house at an earlier date.

I have tv license up till 31/5 but have not paid the new plan, but will set up dd nearer the time.

The letters arriving telling me we are now not covered by any tv license then later adding it will run out 31/5 could have been written by a child.

They then say they will call round if I dont sort it out basically and I cant wait.

The license is in the name of my big dog, a giggle from me last year due to them messing me about.

Can I speak to ms..... please?

I will just get her:madgrin:

Serioulsy though as much as i hate the license my kids do use the tv and well I watch my judge judy, so as much as hate capita and iqor as being the nits who collect it, I will set up dd when suites me prior to it expiring again xx

i dont know if this is correct but i am lead to belive that,

If a device is capable of reciving a signal ie, the HD tv you have to have a licence, a tv card in a pc need a licence as itr has the ability to receive. dont forget the radio as well,

it could be urban mith but a guy in milton kenies went to court and won saying he didnt watch live TV years ago only Video

then they changed the law to if it can recive

game over

easy way just buy a BW licence keep you on the system no callers

had my SD Set aside thanks to CAG

won with lowells thanks to CAG

dont ask me though these are the people to help:D

Guest jsa12

a licence is not required simply a television is owned its a common misunderstanding,the law is broken when a live broadcast is being watched however the publicity often misleads the fact to this.

the comment that "people survive at this game have nothing whatsoever to do with capita/tvl". this is very true.

they dont like being filmed/recorded because they have no powers',portray official characteristics and use underhanded tactics to secure court proceedings'. they claim there is nowhere to hide this is not true either,just close the door.