BankFodder BankFodder

Bargaingirl

Serious Holiday incident left me with health problems! HELP!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3285 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

:?:

In June 2008 went on holiday abroad, the holiday company, airline and especially the hotel were aware of my serious allergy to Nuts. We had been to this hotel a few times before and had a good relationship with the director of the hotel. The severity of my allergies were written in spanish and i showed the letter to all staff when i ate...however still with me taking all these precautions, some stupid person cooked with pesto sause and i went into full blown anaphylaxis. I do have epi pens and both were administered, i was rushed to hospital semi conscious and had to remain there for 24hrs, thankfully i survived but have been left with high blood pressure which takes 3 different tablets to control.

Never been offered compensation of any kind

Do i write to 'friend' of hotel and inform them of what my health is like even now, or does my husband go through solicitor. Not very keen on legal action but husband wants to, it has had such a serious impact on our lives. Not travelled abroad since either..too scared.

Any advice??

This comes down to where you live England, Wles, Scotland or Northern Ireland. Knowing that makes it easier to advise.

Hi I live in Bedfordshire, England. I basically wish to inform the hotel directly to see what they say and do about what has happened....wouldn't have a clue if they could do anything..but obviously wouldn't want to jeopardize any possible 'legal' action due to the fact that i have informed them of my intentions!! do you understand where I'm coming from!

I would recomend firstly to consult a lawyer.

Contacting the hotel will be pointless it is the responsibility and duty of care falls with the holiday company ie thomas cook. They will ask why the wait to raise this concern/complaint. And documenting the evidence will now be harder.