• Tweets

• So an update on this, seems the CCMCC did issue the claim form but didn't serve it because the address was missing on the form. After reviewing my N1 I didn't understand and it seems that the copy / paste from Companies House made the address a c/o address and CCMCC don't like serving to those. So I wrote an email to them which stated the following:   This was presented to a Judge who granted the request and the forms were served.   I then had correspondence from Loco2 Ltd   I did not initially respond to this as I was away with my partner at the time and as I don't get to see her often I keep all admin / gaming community matters to emergencies only. This possibly turned out to my advantage as I received this further response the following day:     I responded agreeing to settle out of court.
    • ok good let it run then.   I've sent you a PM with a secure email send me the scans of the complete CCA return please see if can get them up...   dx  
    • read it carefully it doesn't say WILL anywhere.???   they must follow PAP letter rules now
    • No not too tough at all, I think I just used a bad way of writing this out. Indeed I'm well versed in CRA 2015 and thought my post would allude to that. But maybe I didn't write it very clearly so my apologies for that there. This was more a documentary style posting than a request for help so I'm sorry for any confusion on that point.   I was also more documenting this issue mainly for my own recollection at a later point but also for those who may be told the same in another Three store. I'm sorry if I didn't make any of this clear. The store is Hutchinson 3G Limited or Three as they are better known: http://three.co.uk/   I did a web chat with 3 while waiting for my train home who also confirmed the policy from the store manager was wrong and that it is 30 days to return a faulty handset for a replacement and not 28. On learning this I made the conversation a complaint that I was being given incorrect information on multiple occasions. I had attempted to get this issue resolved in a different store the previous week where they changed the SIM Card for me. CRA 2015 was not discussed at this point and was told if that didn't work then to call 333 from the handset. Again I knew this was wrong but took the replacement SIM card in good faith as it may very well have resolved the issue. Unfortunately it didn't.   I then contacted Three again and was palmed off to the manufacturer. The manufacturer accepted my case but suggested me going back to Three under CRA 2015. I today went to assert that right and was told both the manufacturer and Three Customer Service were wrong. I remained calm and asked for proof that I had been in the store today. Manager just gave me his name and I made a note of the time I was there and pointed to a CCTV camera in case a SAR would become necessary if Three tried to suggest otherwise.   As it happens I received a phone call after registering my complaint from the lady in the webchat with Three who had spoken with her manager and confirmed the store was wrong, that she could also see I was given incorrect information on a number of occasions and that under no circumstances should the store have given me a document with another customers details on. She went on to confirm that she had arranged a replacement handset was being couriered to my home address next week and that it would be a drop and swap type replacement. I accepted this, Just as I was about to explain the wasted journey costs the agent said she was waiving 1 month bill charges for the inconvenience caused.   So seems a resolution is very well on the way. I'll update this as resolved once I have the new handset and bill credit in my hands.
  • Our picks

• Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 3 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
Sidewinder

Bank Holidays - Do I Have to Work? - ** accurate as of November 2015 **

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2353 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

The subject of Bank Holiday working and the question of whether an employee is entitled to time off work on a Bank Holiday occurs frequently

Bank Holidays have no special status in employment law. There is no automatic right to a paid day off work, and whether you benefit or not will depend on your contract of employment rather than any legal right. An employer is only legally obliged to give an employee the minimum statutory paid holiday entitlement each year. Currently this amounts to 5.6 weeks holiday (or 28 days in the case of an employee working five days a week), and importantly this can include Bank Holidays. A contract of employment can give you more than this entitlement, but not less.

As to whether you are required to work on Bank Holidays will depend on your contract. You may, for example have a contract which specifies that you are not required to work on normal Bank Holidays (of which there are eight), and if this is the case then it is perfectly in order for the employer to not recognise an 'extra' Bank Holiday as a day off for staff, particularly where the business will operate as normal on that day. If however your contract is less specific and does not require you to work on Bank Holidays (ie without specifying whether these are the 'normal' Bank Holidays or 'special' ones), then you might reasonably expect not to have to work on that day. Sadly if you do have to work, then the employer is not obliged to pay you more money, or give you time off in lieu, unless again, there is a clause in the contract which specifies enhanced pay or compensatory time off for working on a Bank Holiday.

It is also worth remembering that a contract need not necessarily be in writing, as depending what is 'the norm' for the organisation, an entitlement can be built up through Custom and Practice, or by what entitlements are given to other staff in the organisation.

The starting point in answering the inevitable 'can they do this' question will always be the terms in the contract, or what is customary for the business in the absence of a specific clause. A good employer will discuss the matter with the workforce so that everybody knows what is happening, and who is affected.

The following sites have some useful information relating to Bank Holidays:-

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/LivingintheUK/DG_073741

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Employees/Timeoffandholidays/DG_10029788

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/life/employment/faq_index_employment/faq_employment_entitlement_to_bank_holidays.htm

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Nice stuff SW.

ACAS has (or indeed had as right this minute it doesn't see to be working!) some specific guidance on this 'extra royal bank holiday' this year.

http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=3197

From what I recall when I read it, I for a nice change, agreed with ACAS and they basically made the point you make above;

i.e. it is basically a contractual matter, as the underlying legal right, the WTR will not be amended, and will still say 28 days for qualifying worker in one complete holiday year.

I see the argument as being the following - (in theroy);

a) What is the contractual definition of a BH for the purposes of MY contract of employment (written or otherwise), then,

b) Does the Government 'declaration' of the extra day (unsure how this has been made is this via delegated legislation or merely a Governmental 'aspiration'??); more likely the later me thinks; mean that such 'extra day' falls within the definition of a BH in your contract.

e.g. if your HR dep't were lazy and contract just said, "20 days per year + each BH' then I can see the argument that it should be given if it is within the contractual definition of a, 'BH' - especially when contra proferentum is applied. But;

c) assuming the above applies and boss says NO. Are you willing to push for this in the current economic climate?

d) even if you got it the next argument would be to look at what the exact wording of the contract is as regards payment of this 'special' BH holiday; as, again, this will be a BH outside the WTR - could it be even unpaid ???? an open question not a statement.

Surely in reality most ER's will be sensible? To avoid problems and bad publicity from Royalist media outlets they will give the day.

Be interesting to see if a substantial number of ET claims are made as a result?

Watch this space I suppose.

Che

...................................................................... [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Please post on a thread before sending a PM. My opinion's are not expressed as agent or representative of The Consumer Action Group. Always seek professional advice from a qualified legal adviser before acting. If I have helped you please feel free to click on the black star.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS] I am sorry that work means I don't get into the Employment Forum as often as I would like these days, but nonetheless I'll try to pop in when I can.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Red]'Venceremos' :wink:[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]

I look at it this way. If my employers give me the day off, fine - I don't mind. If not, no problem, I was expecting to work anyway.

Frederickson - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Lost - Claiming back from post office

Connaught Collections - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Lowell - CCA sent 11/4/07 - No agreement - returned to client

Moorcroft - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Red Castle - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Copy returned but no T&C's

Robinson Way - CCA Sent 16/5/07

i have signed a contract at work which entitles me to have 20 days paid holiday and bank holidays....it doesnt state eight bank holidays now this week my boss has said we have to work with no extra incentive ie day in leiu or extra cash is this right?myself and eight others are in the same boat!

In that case your employer should have taken action to notify a variation of contract when the extra Bank Holiday was announced.

How far are you prepared to upset your boss? You need to raise a grievance and point out that your contract would seem to indicate that next Friday should be a paid day off and asking for an assurance that in the absence of compensatory pay that you will receive an additional day's leave at a later date.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

my employer has stated i do not have 'enough' hours to have bank holiday entitlement, despite my contract stating i have 8 paid hols, i work 39 hour week and have been told my hours are part time, some day shift, some night shift? but it is all complusary, i.e no option, so why cant i take my bank holidays, xmas day, boxing day and new years day (rota system so take in lieu)??

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Hello Maybelline.

I think you'll get more advice if you start a thread in the main employment forum, if you wouldn't mind please?

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

thanks

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

queens diamond jubilee holiday-- my company added a days annual leave to everybody, great except that around half the workforce work shifts so really cant have a day added. can they give out extra holiday to office staff and hourly paid workers but not give the salaried/shiftworkers anything?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2353 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you
Please fill in your quit date here