• Tweets

• Default Amount £9237.88, all this started in 2006 Admitted debt £9075.65 Weightmans added £1515.01 immediately they became involved, no explanation The Statement shows when Marlin bought debt in May 2011 £10439.25 Their statements, not received until the SAR, are based on this. Cabot deducted £1515.01on their statements in January 2019, again did not find this out until SAR. Weightmans added in  2007 after the CH1 etc was confirmed by the court £741.50, made up of Process server fees, Court Fee (they tried for bankruptcy), Solicitors fee and Land Registry fee. Unspecfied Legal costs were added by Marlin in March 2015, again I did not know this until statements received with SAR I had been paying monthly, without exception until December 2018. I am minded to take the property charge, CH1 amount ,deduct all my payments and the subsequent fees, and request/demand a refund on the final payment made? I consistently disputed Weightmans balances, but they never responded. I also told Mortimer Clarke/Cabot that I disputed their amounts.  
    • Just follow this link and have read of some threads so your familiar with the process https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/347310-legal-n180-directions-questionnaire-small-claims-track/#comment-5178739
    • Sorry,  I'm not familiar with terminology.  Direction questionnaire is what I've seen online as next step. Witness statement: I haven't gone that far, that's why I put the question marks.
    • 2. Is correct disregard 1. You must attend ad per the order 
    • Confirmed with Central Contact Centre that the hearing is 24th, disappointed I can't speak directly with the local county court I have to email the local court apparently is the only way. The agent couldn't explain the discrepancy between the two letters, she sounded very confused. If they were identical letters in wording but only dates were different I would feel ok, slightly worried the wording differs...
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

PC World : HELP

edwardcullen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4738 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have been given the run around from the write off dept.

On 14th Jan I left my macbookpro in pcword as the disc drive was not working & the laptop was slow.

They called me the following week it was fixed and I collected it.

However, when I got home I was horrified to find a dent in it AND someone elses disc in it- photos of children....

I checked the laptop and it was slow.

It went for repair- came back was running very slow after 2 hours so I phoned again...

it went again..

it came back again with no charger and left on my doorstep with no signature from city link.

Apparently they sent it to the wrong address after phoning numerous times.

As it did not arrive I had to wait til I had money and was well enough to go out and buy one- I am disabled.

Checked it and it was still not working correctly.

Phoned and rebooked.

was a one day extra gap as I had to wait to get money and then wait to get a charger.

When they collected someone came- I asked him for paperwork or evidence and he had none- he took my mac.

He also phoned me from the previous address I lived at as he had the wrong address.

I phoned on 14th March spoke to .... who said I was entitled to a write off .

She spoke to her supervisor, went over the dates etc and phoned back asking if that was what I wanted and I said yes.

After having spoken to nmerous phone staff I found out that tech guys insotore are not allowed to touch macs

and I was very dubious on the treatment my mac had and am dubious that because someone elses disc was in mine- did they to thev wrong job and make it worse?

*** told me to refuse the mac if I preferred a writeoff should it arrve.

I heard nothing and got a call on 22nd march from equinox asking what time I was in and I told them that a write off was in process and I did not want it back.

I phoned on the 28th, spoke to ,,,,, who promised a callback that vening and did not get one.

Phoned on the 29th, spoke to ,,,,,, who promised a callback on 30th after 4.30pm and did not get one.

Phoned on 1st, was told it had been rejected and was livid as the staff member on 14th told me it would go through.

Phond back . Spoke to ....., customer update team in repair investigation for over an hour and he went over everything and said considering the way I was treated,

the promises of callbacks, the lack of service and the length of time it took- I should get a write off and he was going to request agan.

He was the only person that seemed to care.

I got a call today from some dept saying I was not getting it as there as a 11 day gap- there was a gap as I did not have a charger.

They claim the paperwork said there was no charger.

I did not sign for the collection the last time for paperwork, I had it left in a bag on my doorstep with no signature the first time so how can they use that as an excuse?

PC world are not supposed to repair macs and there are double standards in this whole scenario.

Can you pleae look into this.

The time lapse was their fault- n charger returned;

no parerwork was signed when they collected on one ocassion;

the laptop was left on my doorstep once;

pc world staff are not supposed to fix macs;

they went to the wrong address twice;

they have had it in and out since 14th January.

I want a new repacement or voucher to be sent as they are at fault.

I wasnt told about applecare and this was my frst mac so did not know about it.

Edited by edwardcullen
OMIT ADDRESS

Ok is this a warranty claim or a whatever happens claim or a warranty claim? All this factors in.

Under Apples warranty all products must be serviced through apple and our own procedures do not apply (unless under whatever happens). Under Apple we follow their advice. On another note DSGi tend to use DPD and not city link (possibly apple). If possible I would go to a store and speak to a manager. If they say you have had a written off mac a voucher should exist for you on our systems. Or at least case details for it.

Failing this follow the route of the Sales of Goods Act.

Ok is this a warranty claim or a whatever happens claim or a warranty claim? All this factors in.

Under Apples warranty all products must be serviced through apple and our own procedures do not apply (unless under whatever happens). Under Apple we follow their advice. On another note DSGi tend to use DPD and not city link (possibly apple). If possible I would go to a store and speak to a manager. If they say you have had a written off mac a voucher should exist for you on our systems. Or at least case details for it.

Failing this follow the route of the Sales of Goods Act.

Thankyou for taking the time to reply. This is a whatever happens I was paying 13.99 monthly and am now going to cancel. It was delivered by citylink that time but other times, dpd. Do the managers have any authorisation to have a voucher issued? They told me I was misinformed and they will not write it off. I argued and got cut off... I am livid and after spending all the insurance money, cost from mobile to a high rate number, promises of call backs, them going to the wrong address twice, I just want a new replacement and forget them.

I have insurance for my vaio desktop and am looking to see where else can repair it if antything goes wrong as I want no dealings ith them. They have no consistency, keep blaming other departments.... I've had enough and this has put a strain on my health which they know about and do not care.

Managers do not have the authority to issue vouchers unfortunately. We can fight for you from store though. Is it a whateverhappens policy premium or any other policy we had?

If it is over 10 days you have the right under the plan to get vouchers equal to what you paid on the day in order to retireve a laptop ie mac which meets the spes you had. I see people all the time with voucher codes for mac.

Send an e-mail to head office and letter. If you google dsgi phone head office. Our customer relations management there are concerned with this sort of thing.

IT IS A STANDARD WHATEVER HAPPENS POLICY. They phoned on Monday - got cut off and I have not heardsince. I will not call them as I have had a £289 phone bill from bt which is from the the calls and am horrified at the expense. I have had no response and no-one has tried to call to resolve this or even try to deliver my supposed repaired mac. What should I do now? ... as they dispute their was a gap but I am arguing it is because I did not have a charger and they claim they heve no documentation saying they owed me one yet theyir paperwork states they tried to deliver me one- but to the wrong adress!

Hey, I have been looking into a few things for you.

Firstly, I would recommend visiting a currys megastore (Fulham is your nearest). Megastores have heir own customer service teams capable of dealing with problems better. If you are unable to do this currys seem to react better when you threaten to write to a news paper. That only works though if you have dealt with a customer service team.

In store reiterate your problem and above all remain calm and concise. Remember to keep your cool. We are very understanding people in stores honest.

Many thanks. I will see if they are open from 5pm and go tomorrow, failing that, Sunday. I thought it was only the write off team who could authorise the voucher and they have rejected it twice? hat do I say?

I do have contacts in the Express but I was thinking of asking the Mail to help if it doesn't get resolved. I cancelled the insurance debit yesterday- should I put it back on?

It is true that only the write off team can authorise a write off. However, a person on their end of the phone who works for the company can have it dealt with quickly. All products run under what we call 'codes' these can be investigated etc by the team in store. Tends to be that we phone the same lines etc as you however have contacts further up. We attempt to be persuasive and to get the correct solution for the customer. I would recomend the direct debit again only if you want to and just til the matter is resolved.

Should I wait until next week or do the write off team work weekends/ late evening?

They claim they tried to deiver the mac around 20th and I refused it- I was not in and no attempt has even been made by them to get it to me even after they insist it is not written off.....

Also, I have a vaio desktop under their insurance. I know they are hard to repair but was wondering if you know of where I can get it repaired if ever needed? This is such a bad experience but I do need somewhere just incase.... xxx

I will be honest and say that in store I doubt they will attempt to contact the write off team. We have a customer sos e-mail which after so many failed attempts and so much disappointment I would be inclined to contact.

what you must remember is in store a managers main priority is retaining your custom (to that store) whereas customer service team is about retaining your custom but keeping costs low. It is difficult to handle this by phone or over the tinternets I recommend customers come into store if they have issues that is me being perfectly honest with you.

OK, so who can get the voucher- or new laptop as the write off team have refused twice? A macbook is not cheap so what do you think can be done apart from me getting the old one back. I appreciate you trying to help.

Our write off team can get you the voucher. Which can be done in store. By raising through a store more emphasis is placed on it. The simple reason for that is a store is being held accountable and person x,y and z.

You are a diamond. I am going to a store tomorrow- hopefully- and will hopefully come out with a new mac.. I phoned last night and was told as the 'investigation team were off nothing could be done'. No'one wants to resolvethis and I am sickof the runaround. Even the guy, Steven Nais who was very pleasant did not call back despite me leaving 2 messages last Monday.....

Maybe they don't know where it is and are trying to locate it otherwise they surely would have returned it by now if they are avoiding a write off.

Hi , I went into store and they said after they spoke to the write off team it looked like I always refused delivery- I then was put through to investigations who then traced the calls on the log that had gone astray. It was through again as a write off and refused. Store could not do anything.

I was told by the team who requested the write off the last time to stick to my guns as too much had gone wrong- the biggest mistake was pc world attempting to repair the mac when they were not allowed to. Also, the first write off was requested and then equinox who had the laptop repaired it 8 days later which is wrong. Equinox (repair people) have lost the contract this week so there must be an issue with their service....

I was supposed to get a call last Wednesday but didn't... I will chase up on Tuesday and let you know.

Hi there,

I am glad to see that you are getting somewhere. Just so you know btw it will look bette ron your 'file' for repair in store as we add notes for every time we make contact in store.

• 2 weeks later...

ell, today I got another call stating the write off was rejected because I refused delivery twice. I then queried stating it as never delivered and it has now come to light that they tried to deliver it to my old address which I moved from July of last year.

I have not been given a write off code.... it has taken a very long time but hopefully this is the end on this one problem of mine...

Now to appeal my DLA rejection....

Thank you everyone for your help.