Lowell false information after statue barred letter - Please Help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4731 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

Please can you help , I sent the statue barred letter to lowell and they have replied saying I made a payment in 2008, now I know this not true as I have never made a single payment since the account defaulted in 2002.

The amount they say I paid was over £1000, LOL

Please can you advise what the next cause of action by me is now needed.

thanks

Sounds like our friends in the north are trying the "An attempted payment was made on" route again.

it MUST be directly traceable back to you

Absolutely. When, Where and by What means was this 'alleged' payment made.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Just a very basic one will do, along the lines of

Further to the information contained in your letter of xxxx I require that you provide proof absolute of the alleged payment to which you refer. This will need to contain, date, method, amount of payment together with further banking information that you may hold i nrespect of this alleged payment.

Should this not be available within the next 7 days, then I will refer you back to my previous letter of xxxx (sb letter) which you should take as my final correspondence to you in this matter.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have a reply from Lowell

In light of the information you have provided we are in the process of investigating the issue with the bank.

We will contact you without delay once further information is received.

we also advise we have no legal obligation that states we must send this information within a certain time period.

Do they have a time period, this just seems like a lame excuse to drag this on, is there any letter I can send to put a stop to this ASAP.

thanks in advance.

I think you are going to have to let this drag on as they are right. There is no time limit for them to investigate. Only CCA requests, SAR and complaints have time limits attached to them

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE