letter from Lowell portfolio 1 ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4764 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I wonder if anyone can advise me asap.

Iv just received a letter from Lowell portfolio 1 ltd, Enterprise house, 1 apex view, Leeds, Ls11 9bh

saying

We hereby give notice of the assignment of the dept due to us from you in respect of the balance of £131.95 outstanding on your shop direct finance company ( previously known as Littlewoods finance company) Retail brand account.

On 04/03/2011 your account was legally assigned to Lowell Portfolio 1 ltd and as such any further communications and payments regarding the above account must now be addressed to.... The address i gave above.

My question is what do i do next im worried because iv got no money at the moment because of my disability benefit being stopped im living on my family tax credit until the problem is sorted out which will be next week after the CAB have spoke to the benefit people.

Im a single mum with bad health and one of my son's has M.E and all this worry is making me feel so ill...

Please someone help me...

Thanks

Mandy

Firstly, do not let this worry you or cause you any problems, easier said than done I know but this is really just a point of law they have to be seen to be done, trying to 'frighten' you.

Do you recognise this debt, and when was it taken out, ie when was the original agreement with Littlewoods taken out.

Have you ever applied for a CCA and when was your last payment made and to whom.

I must re-iterate do not let this cause you any further worry, nothing bad is going to happen.

Hi thankyou for getting back to me so quick. Yes I owe this money to my littlewoods but i had told them about my difficulties and they seemed alright waiting for a few weeks for me to catch up with my payments and then i get this letter saying they want the money.. so how do i pay them, I don't have a bank card so i used to use the payment slips at the bottom of my statements every month... Will they come and take my stuff if i cant pay straight away..

Mandy

No, everything is safe. If you are quite happy to accept that this money is owed then wait until you get the next letter and let us know what the are saying (it may well be full of threats, but do not be alarmed, they can do NOTHING). In the meantime I am going to find a template letter for you to enable you to set up a payment plan for £1 per month. In your circumstances, despite what they may 'threaten' they know that they must accept this offer.

What I would say is, if they start telephoning do not ever speak with them on the 'phone, just say, everything in writing please, and hang up the 'phone. That way you will have what we call a paper trail and can prove what has been agreed/offered. Never give them any financial details.

The Loan Company

Company House,

Church Street,

Newtown,

Kent,

R1 7HG

Dear Sir/Madam

Re Account No/Reference No:

Since making that above agreement with you, our circumstances have changed.

We cannot now afford to agreed monthly payments because ... [Just mention briefly that your health, and financial circumstances have adversely changed]

In view of our circumstances, would you please accept [no payment at present] [a token offer of £1.00 per

month] to be reviewed in six months. If interest or other charges are being added to the account, we would be

grateful if you would freeze these so our debt does not increase.

Should my circumstances improve we will contact you again.

We would be grateful if you would send a [paying-in book] [standing order form] to make it easier to pay you.

Thank you for your assistance. We look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Yours faithfully

Thankyou for you help I don't feel so worried today after your help , I will send them this letter and see what they say .. I will let you know what happens.. Many thanks Mandy... :-)