• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

NHS and Dementure care and treatment in Wales

Mr lex
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4203 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I live 350 miles away from my elderly Parents. My dear old Mum has recently taken a backward step her fight with Dementure. It started three years ago after she had had a stroke. She recovered well from this and made good progress until last year when she had a heavy fall and broke a hip. Again she was getting over this well but since Christmas has had having a number of small fits, a lot of trouble with her balance, her words and becomes increasingly preoccupied with very small things.

She was taken back into hospital two weeks ago after another small fall. Since then she has been moved form rest/respite home every three or four days while they (NHS) get her meds sorted out. The problem I have there seems to be no effort to change the meds, they appear more interested in keeping her quite and subdued. She would be better off at home if I can get my Dad some home help

I suppose the first thing I have to do is have a chat with her GP. I want to make sure me 'ol dad knows she is getting best care.

Their 84 and 85 btw

Lex

Edited by Mr lex
adding ages

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'Quick Update'

I spoke to Mum's GP tonight and we have a meeting with all parties on Wednesday.

Lex

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

&

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Good luck for Wednesday Lex.

There should be a package of carefor your mum to allow all parties involved in your mums care to keep updated.

You should also be part of this and have every right to voice your concerns.

Your mum deserves good effective care and effective management of her medication.

• Haha 2

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Just to add my best wishes. My parents are similar ages and luckily don't have mental problems that are too bad atm. I hope the conference gets you the result you and your parents deserve.

Good advice from Nightowl as ever.

My best, HB

• Haha 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

'Quick Update'

I spoke to Mum's GP tonight and we have a meeting with all parties on Wednesday.

Lex

i hate to sound facetious or condescending , but nice to see that the sensible, assertive ( rather than threatening and combative ) approach is paying off.

a case conference sounds like a very good idea in this scenario

Team meeting today....

The Doctors have increased my Mums Dementure drugs by 100% for a five day test. If this doesn't bring any results they will change the drug and try something else.

I am also trying to get family members, Dad and brother, to try and get her to walk about more when their visiting. She has swollen feet and ankles though sitting about to much. This is a two way thing and we have to try to help the staff wherever we can. I have to say the staff in the respite home are doing their very best with the resources they have but they are, as always, understaffed.

Like a lot of Dementure sufferers, she gets 'preoccupied' with something that is important to her at the time, and I bet she is hard work for the staff at those times.

To Zippygbr,

You don't sound facetious or condescending, I suspect you do, or have worked for the NHS. My first approach to any problem is talk, seek advice from and try and be-friend the people on the ground. The 'threatening and combative approach' comes after I have exhausted all other methods.

The one thing I will advise anyone on these forums is try and know your ground and make sure the people you are talking to know this. So many thanks to 'Night Owl' for bringing this 'Package of Care' to my attention.

I have to return home tomorrow as Mrs Lex has to go into Hospital to have an Op on her hand on Friday, but Mums GP has promised to keep me up to date on her treatment.

Lex

&

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lex

How's things going with your mum..did they get her meds sorted?

you have probably looked into to it but have a look at this might be of some help and give you a rough idea how it works

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople/HealthAndSupport/ArrangingHealthAndSocialCare/DG_4000436

they will assess your mum for her needs and do a risk assessment and for any equipment she may need etc..then they will put a care plan together.

also there are day care centres she can go to..which gives your dad a breather:-)

Hi Tills,

Well it's all up and down at the moment.

When I left North Wales there was an improvement in my Mothers health. However, since then, she has had another fall and was admitted to hospital with a fractured Pelvis.

The ward sister was shocked at her condition, so much so she reported the case right away, her hygiene was very poor, she had rashes and boils everywhere, they sent her out without her meds, in thin clothes and was covered in bruises.

I am in touch with her GP, the 'Nursing' home and her head 'carer' and I want a response to all this.

Thanks for the link Tills. I'll follow that up.

I'm gutted really.

Lex

&

Hi Tills,

Well it's all up and down at the moment.

When I left North Wales there was an improvement in my Mothers health. However, since then, she has had another fall and was admitted to hospital with a fractured Pelvis.

The ward sister was shocked at her condition, so much so she reported the case right away, her hygiene was very poor, she had rashes and boils everywhere, they sent her out without her meds, in thin clothes and was covered in bruises.

I am in touch with her GP, the 'Nursing' home and her head 'carer' and I want a response to all this.

Thanks for the link Tills. I'll follow that up.

I'm gutted really.

Lex

Hiya Lex

Do you know who the ward sister reported it to?

you can also put in a complaint every home has a complaint procedure

Ask to look at your mums care plan..it is a legal document and everything should be documented

also an accident report should have been put in..ask to see this also

they should have what they call a body map..for any occurances

What day..dated

when...time

where...

who

how

this should be filled in everytime.. a fall, a bruise skin flap etc occurs

and above all your mum deserves quality of care

**hugs**

Tills xx

• Confused 1

Many thanks for this Tills :-)

I have passed this link on to my Farther.

I'll let you know what the outcome is.

xx

Lex

&

Hiya Lex

Ask to look at your mums care plan..it is a legal document and everything should be documented

What day..dated

when...time

where...

who

how

and above all your mum deserves quality of care I'll second that Tilly x

**hugs**

Tills xx

It makes me so sad hearing about bad patient care.

We must stop it.

The Ward Sister has done the right thing Lex, lets hope that it gets followed up.

Wishing your mum better care in the future Lex x

• Haha 1

Got Debt problems?

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Many thanks for this Tills :-)

I have passed this link on to my Farther.

I'll let you know what the outcome is.

xx

Lex

Your more than welcome Lex i just hope you get some answers..fact..not fiction!!!

It makes me so sad hearing about bad patient care.

We must stop it.

**Ditto** Night Owl it just makes my blood boil:-x

• 2 weeks later...

OK, thanks to Tilly and Nightowl things have moved on a pace.

My mother is now back at home, she and my Dad now have 'help' coming in twice a day.

Her meds have been changed, but I think it will take a bit of time for them to kick in fully.

She seems to be doing a bit better and is happier at home.

The ward sister is on holiday untill Tues next week, so I'll have to wait untill she gets back

to find out what responce she had to her complaint or who she made it to even.

Thanks for your support and advice guys :wink:

Lex

&

Well done Lex.................seems like things have moved on positively.

Sounds like your mum is receiving the effective care she deserves, and your dad has some support to keep as independant as possible in their home.

If the Ward Sister has made an official complaint over care then there should be a paper trail and a Route Cause of Analysis procedure to evaluate the events in order of happening.

It's a way of preventing furthers episodes happening.

Keep the communication channels open and ask for clarification if you are unsure.................your mum deserves it and so do you and your dad.

Good luck x

• Confused 1

Got Debt problems?

Thank you Night Owl.

I'll post up when my father has heard more.

I/we really need to see what the Staff Nurse wrote in her complaint.

Cheers

Lex

&

I agree with Tilly, your mum does deserve quality of care. Looks like things are finally working out for her though! My mum wasnt treated very well at all, and also we suspected she had the early stages of dementia, but thankfully she is not suffering any longer. I wish your mum well Lex x

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

Well thank you for those words Duckwaddler, it's very hard when you live so far away and you are not sure whats going on.

I'm sorry if you think things weren't being done for your Mum, and thats my worry now.

I gather your Mum is no longer with us, I'm so sorry to hear this.

I'll pass all your words of support on to my Dad, so thank you every one who has helped me though this.

Lex

Edited by Mr lex
  • Confused 1

&

Brilliant news Lex and it is good your dad now has help coming in twice aday.The good thing there also is the carer will notice any changes if and when they occur

and can be acted on straight away.echoing Nightowls words if your not sure or worried ask thats what they are there for to support the family as well as care for your mum.

keep smiling:-)

Tills xx

You can also leave instructions with the carer who sees your mum daily to also ring you if there are any changes with your mum, this is of course as well as writting it up in the care plan and informing the care manager at the company they work. Hope mum picks up soon, can be difficult i know for familys, but its a lot easier once your in system, i was a senior community carer for 10yrs.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update and not a very good one.

My mother was allowed home to see how she would get on with my Dad looking after her with daily care coming in to help, unfortunately mum has been readmitted to a long term NHS nursing home for at least three weeks. She had a downturn in her condition that meant Dad just couldn't cope. :sad:

At least here they have the numbers of trained staff here to give her the care that she needs.

&

Just a quick update and not a very good one.

My mother was allowed home to see how she would get on with my Dad looking after her with daily care coming in to help, unfortunately mum has been readmitted to a long term NHS nursing home for at least three weeks. She had a downturn in her condition that meant Dad just couldn't cope. :sad:

At least here they have the numbers of trained staff here to give her the care that she needs.

Such a difficult situation Lex.

However disappointing it seems now at least you know that your mum got home for a very short time.

Be glad that your Dad does not have to struggle to cope and that your mum's needs are now being cared for.

They will be able to reassess the situation on a daily/weekly basis.

Wishing you all the best of luck x

• Confused 1

Got Debt problems?

Lex, So sorry to here this, and have been thinking of you. It's such a shame things couldn't have worked out so your Mum could be with your Dad on a permanent basis :sad: However, as you say your dear Mum will now have the specalised care she needs. Your Mum and Dad are very fortunate to have a Son who cares so much the way you do, and I wish you all the best :-)

• Haha 1

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

The situation has got worse over the past 48 hours, I'm speaking to the case officer tomorrow.

I don't think we will get her home again now, she has got progressively aggressive to all about her. Thats just not like her.

My big problem is living so far away. One thing I know, is my Dad is trying his best.

Love you Bob xxx

Lex

&

Hiya Lex

What day..dated

when...time

where...

who

how

and above all your mum deserves quality of care

**hugs**

Tills xx

Just to add. all care homes offering residential care are covered by organisation called CQC a regulatory body, if a fall or something that could constitute neglect occur as post states home must have detailed notes and body map anything like bruises or bed sores which go in gradings and go very quickly. A reg 37 needs to be sent from the care home to ACS adult care services and copied into CQC and Police involvement is sometimes requested from ACS in the form of a safe guarding adult process a strategy is held and decided if there are ny criminal allegations of neglect to consider. If home havent informed acs then they have contravened safe guarding adult processes and should be pulled up on this.

• Haha 1

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT

Hiya Lex so sorry to hear the news..there are no easy answers but plenty of questions hopefully these may help a bit.

There are many reasons why your mum with may act aggressively, including:

feeling frightened

feeling frustrated at being unable to understand others or make themselves understood

the physical effects of dementia, which may have eroded their judgement and self-control

what i'm trying to say is it's not you or your dad your mum is angry with..deep breaths step back or even leave the room.one liccle tip never argue back she is a woman lol just trying to make you smile xx

Dealing with aggressive behaviour is not easy, and there are no simple answers. However, it is possible to make it less of a problem through a gradual process of identifying what triggers the aggression, and finding some effective ways to deal with it. It is important to remember that all behaviour is a form of communication. If you can workout what the person is trying to communicate, it may prevent them from feeling frustrated and acting aggressively.

Your dad is diamond bless him

Tills xx

• Confused 1