• Tweets

• I'm afraid that if the value of the item was under declared then that is probably the best that you can hope for. Also, because the item was incorrectly addressed – even by a single letter, if that because the issue relating to the delivery then that has probably compounded the problem. There is probably very little that can be done. If you are lucky you will get the item back and then you can start again and declare it properly. Undervaluing parcels which are sent by any means is always going to cause a problem if the item is lost or damaged. It may mean that the cost of delivery is slightly less – but at the end of the day the risk becomes yours. When you enter into any kind of contract, effectively you declare it a level of risk to your contracting partner – and they decide to enter into the contract with you based on that level of risk. You have declared a level of risk and £50 – and that's the deal.   Additionally, undervaluing an item which is an internationally has the effect also of evading customs and any VAT system which is in force in that country – and that makes the whole thing a little bit more serious
    • Perfect. Nice and brief and to the point. You don't bother to start telling your life story. Just the way it should be. Send it off. You have probably done enough reading to understand that it won't make any difference don't start drafting your particulars of claim. Open an account with the MoneyClaim County Court system and start preparing. Post your particulars of claim here before you click it off. You may have noticed that at some point you will be asked if you want to go to mediation on this. We used to advise it but now we recommend that you decline mediation and go to trial. Your chances of success are much better than 95%. Going to trial will incur an additional hearing fee but of course you will get that back. However if you go to mediation, they will simply try to penny pinch and to get you to compromise and also they will sign you up to a confidentiality agreement and probably threaten you if you breach it. Not only that, if the mediation fails because you stand your ground, it will add additional delay while they then give you a date to go to trial. The best thing to do is to decline mediation – prepare for court hearing. Pay the extra fee. The chances are that rather than get a judgement against them they will then offer you a full settlement rather than go to court. If they do offer you full settlement then you will be obliged to accept it – but that's what you want. If they don't offer you full settlement then you will go to trial and there will be a judgement against them. Just so that you understand, our first interest is that you get your money back – but a close second is that it does go to trial and there is a judgement which we will then be able to use to help other people. Anyway as you should realise, we will help you all the way.
    • I sent a parcel to Singapore but i spelt the address incorrecltly by 1 letter so the parcel couldnt be delivered and was returned back to the Uk but checking the tracking today the parcel had returned to the UK but is somehow on its way back to Singapore as the tracking says "Item leaving the UK"    Ive spoken ( tweeted) Royal Mail help who confirm that the parcel seems to be going back to Singapore and that if its not " Delivered" by the 29th of April theyll deem it as lost and will accept a claim but i cant remeber when booking what the compensation amount was but i dont think it covers the amount of the item.  As it was my fault that it wasnt delivered in the first place can i trey and claim the full amount back ? i think if i remember correctly it was £50 compensation but the item was £170 So the timeline is thus ...   22nd Of March .    Booked via P2G & dropped off a Post Office.  25th March arrives in Singapore and goes through customs ect ect 26th   Incorrect address and item is flagged as "return to sender" 28th Item leaves Overseas intenational processing centre 15th of April , Item is leaving the Uk (Again)   ?    
    • Post the NTK up here for the regulars to double-check. I highly doubt it's compliant with POFA though. Ignore the deforestation that comes unless it's ever a letter of claim. Any luck with the organ grinder?
    • Probably the case @lookinforinfo Also an update, I've got the registered keeper letter. Just to check that I continue to ignore it until PAP letter comes in?
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Nationwide first.Lloyds last but not least ***WON***

lancsman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6401 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

WITHOUT PREJUDICE CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVELEGED. STRICTLY PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL!

tHEY WANT .eACH AND EVERY INDIVIDUAL CHARGETHAT YOU ARE CLAIMING AND DISPUTING

tHE DATE OF EACH N EVERY CHARGE THAT YOU SAY WAS DEDUCTED FROM YOUR ACCOUNT

HOW YOU CALC, INTEREST

HOW YOU CALC SUM OF£****.**

WILL P.M. RELEVANT FOLK LATER BUSY DAY

john r

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Lancs, I tried to reply to your PM, but got this msg...

lancsman has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space. :p

Well done!:D Glad you have had an offer of settlement, hope you get your money back soon!

Thanks Stadium. have now cleared my "store" of mail so can recieve.

Had contact from/to Bankfodder who kindly wrote a far more eloquent piece of prose than the letter i had.(which was about to be sent back to the Sechiarri trio)

Bankfodder's version has quite rightly embodied more issues than the mere ammount of money i,m claiming back.Which when you remember the threads youve looked through,the stark facts of what the Feduiciaries are doing is appalling.

The sechiarri trio must be helishly busy as even after i wrote to them they were still 4 days late in replying(to the end of the stay).The letter is off by Special Delivery(it says guaranteed to arrive by 1.00pm next day!)It also has to be signed for.we,l see what they make of that.

It was an epic getting it sorted as my printer decided to DIE at a most inconvenient time.HAD TO RING A FRIEND!To find out how to load it onto a disc to take to work for boss to print for me!

But its sent,rang the court to ask wether they should have copies of all communication recieved and sent as it said on their letter to me"Strictly Private & Confidential",also on't other side"Without Prejudice Confidencial and Priveleged"

THE CLARK SAID IT WILL BE CONFIDENTIAL BETWEEN THE COURT ME AND THE BANK

She also asked if i had recievedthe Hearing date?no says i. 5th October @11.30(preliminary Hearing,15minutes)

So they will get a copy of both Sechiarris reply to stay and my 2cd reply to them on Thursday.

lets see wot appens!

john r

Letter to the Sechiarri trio after they are..."instructed to write to you with regards to the possibility of an amicably settlement to your alleged claim"...(Good Grammar from solicitors?)

They deny any breach of contract and state that "where you have insufficient funds you are making a request to the bank for an increased overdraft which the bank may meet or decline.If it meets your request you must pay the necessary charges".

( WHEN IT DOES NOT MEET THE "REQUEST"YOU ARE STILL CHARGED AND WHOEVER YOU WERE PAYING CHARGES YOU TOO OF COURSE)They didn,t mention that of course!

...As such it is in the bank's opinion that there is no merit in your claim.However,regrettably,costs of resolving a dispute can easily exceed the amount in issue,etc,etc,etc.

Mr xxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

xxxxxx xxxxxx xx

xxxxx

xxxxx

xxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Your Reference SO/xxx/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Sir or Madam

This is the second time that I am writing to you in an attempt to comply with the court order dated 01 August 2006.By District Judge xxxxxxxxx,at xxxxxxxx County Court.

I take it that the object of a negotiation is to avoid litigation by having a sensible discussion in order to try and achieve a solution which would anticipate the decision of a court if the matter was actually heard. This means that we need to clarify the issues and then see if we can reconcile our areas of disagreement.

My position as you know is that I object to the charges which the bank makes because I say they are penalties and that they exceed actual costs.

Your position is that they are not penalties, but they are merely fees which are levied for a contractual service and because of this you are entitled to profit.

My fallback position is that I do not accept that the charges are for a contractual service. However I have already signalled to you and to the court that if they are then you should only the entitled to charge a reasonable fee for this service.

On the matter of penalties, let me say that I accept without reservation the Bank’s right to recover its actual losses caused by my contractual breaches. As you know, it is only that I do not believe that the level of penalty charges levied by the bank is only sufficient to cover those losses. It goes without saying that your defence that the charges are not penalties is tantamount to an admission that they are profit-making.

However, if you will provide evidence to show that the charge's levied exactly equall your losses incurred by my breaches then I will be happy to give up my action or to amend it so that my claim is only for a figure which is above that which is required by the bank to cover its costs.

On the other hand, if the charges are contractual as you say they are, then as you know, my position is that the charges may only be levied at a reasonable rate. Section 15 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 makes this clear.

If I were convinced that you were correct as to the status of the charges then I would agree that I should be obliged to pay you a fee. The fee would have to be reasonable.

I consider that the test for reasonableness in this circumstance would be to measure the reasonable markup of a reasonably successful high Street business. This is because the bank is a UK High Street Business. The present normal markup for high Street businesses is about 100%. If we did decide to accept your position as to the status of the charges then I would require you merely once again to provide evidence of the actual costs to you of supplying your "service" and I would be happy to pay you the reasonable markup. (However as you know, I do not accept that your charges are contractual fees).

I am sure that you are aware that ever since the law relating to penalties was established in the late 1800s that contractual parties have regularly attempted to disguise their penalties as contractual services of some type. The Cases are full of discussions about this. The courts are fully aware of this technique of avoiding the Common Law. Even the Office of Fair Trading report earlier this year referred to this and stated that institutions should not attempt to disguise their penalties.

It seems to me this whole case can be easily settled if you simply provide evidence of your actual costs. It is very clear that this is the stumbling block for your clients and all of the other banks which are presently involved in the current flood of penalty charge litigation.

I have a list of 17 cases which have been started against Lloyds bank -- including case numbers, all of which have been settled by the bank.

In fact I have a list of nearly 300 cases -- including case numbers, which have been brought against UK high street banks this year and which have all been settled by the banks. Every bank refuses to disclose its costs information. There were even difficulties in disclosing this information under conditions of confidentiality to the Office of Fair Trading when they were investigating charges over the previous couple of years.

It goes without saying that the flood of litigation at the moment is putting a heavy burden on private individuals but also on the Courts Service which is a scarce public resource. A reasonable inference is that the banks are not serious about their litigation and that they are merely attempting to wear out claimants. I am sure that if the banks were not Defendants, that would by now have been judged Vexatious.

As you know, the oft reported on credit card charge's. However their report said that there findings should read across to bank charges as well.

Did you know that the OFT will be releasing a further statement in September and which is expected to relate directly to bank charges?

Anyway, that is what I have to say. Provide the evidence of your clients costs and I think that we can deal with the remaining issue very swiftly. I believe that a court would require no less than this.

Yours sincerely

john r

dioch n vawr.

They and all banks that are NOT looking after our interests by making obsenely big profits on our backs deserve a good kick in the butt

by the way what part of Wales are you in i climb in Snowdonia and lied on Anglesey for 3 years.Happier times!

john r

• 2 weeks later...

Oops that should read "lived"on Anglesey not lies.Ruthin in a couple of weeks with my dad.

There never is decent parking outside courts its so traffic wardens can book you...I enjoy any scenery when i climb it doesn,t matter what its like because THEY can,t get at you when your up there.

PRELIMINARY HEARING SET FOR 5 TH OCTOBER @11.30 OOER BEST GET ME BITS TOGETHER!

Apologies Sue 4 not replyin as my alert didn,t!

john r

Hello folks

Must b losing it can,t remember how to get my epsom scanner to copy so i can print the latest missive from dear old Lloyds who have decided to reply to my last letter printed a few threads ago!

It seems that the ice cream sellers are out so Mr jamie O'neill Of the Service Recovery Centre.Has decided to reply...Nice of him.

They are not going to enter into any further correspondence regarding the points raised!

If i can fathom my printer i,l put it on here..

john r

Hi lancsman,

Sounds like one of the letters in my template response thread - linky in signature. Guess it's on to the next stage for you then :)

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Still not fathomed it out,its gone all broody on me!(the printer!)

I was as shocked as you where but not suprised as the ice cream sellers are far to busy to liase with a mere me!

lots to do tum te tum

Wish me lots more luck with the printer!!!!!!!! must dash.dioch nastau

john r

• 3 weeks later...

Hello People

Been on hols 4 a while to north wales,climbing very nice.Only to get back and have it spoiled,1/2 sleepless night!

Dear old ice cream sellers were too busy to read my last letter (which they signed for on the 22cd September!)

Sent me an ignorant one,with the last para saying that if they didn,t hear from me that "we reserve the right to bring this letter together with enclosures to the attention of the district judge on a ? of costs bearing in mind that the Bank is minded to the ? of the possibility of an amicable settlement of your claim.We trust that you will note this particular point".

You know i,m fed up with them .They always seem to be threatening something!

Anyway rang them after i confirmed with Royal Mail that they got it and SIGNED FOR IT! "Oh we don,t appear to have it in your file" followed by "could you fax it"and could you find out who signed for it and let us know!!! We seem to have heard that before....

So they,ve got it.(have to be quick though hearing on Thursday5th!!)

must dash now my defence to organise since most of it CRASHED!!!!

john r

oow getting quietly drunk as them b******s have PAID UP.pity its all swallowed up but i will be paying a donation into the funds from my current account. they rang me at 3.00 this afternoon to say lloyds had piad (they have checked internet),and they would be writing to the court(how can they get it there its tomorrow!)advised i werite too.

must go need a lie down wifey oprened a good bottle of wine!

john r

Well done mate!!

FIRST DIRECT: £4751.86 SETTLED IN FULL 5/07/06 :-)

TESCO VISA CARD: £90 SETTLED IN FULL 12/08/06 :)

LLOYDS TSB: £4403.59 SETTLED IN FULL 17/08/06 :)

EGG: £451.52 SETTLED IN FULL 18/01/07 :)

Opinions and advice of kazzaw are independent, offered informally, without prejudice, without liability, and not endorsed by the Bank Action Group. If in any doubt, seek the advice of a qualified, insured professional.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!:):D:):D

At last Lancs!! this is great news, am so pleased for you!:D

Do you have a hangover today?;-) Thats so typical of SC&M to leave it til the last minute, will you be ringing the court today to let them know?

Glad you had a good holiday, good timing too, the weather im Wales is pretty cr*p today!

Woot!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

:D :D :D

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Oh, don't forget to fill out the Bank Charges survey :)

Thanks everyone its been a particularily hard and worrying time with Lloyds and their icecream seller's have been abrupt,threatening and unhelpfull.losing registered mail!replying late to "stays" etc.

I will stay around try and help.lots more people put in the sh*t with these unlawfull charges.

see you later forms and donations to sort out bbfn

lancsman dioch n vawr stadium

john r

wow, matey brilliant....well done......

some light there at the end of the tunnel eh..........

I'm not that confident but here's hoping

freebird x

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

18/6/06 first request for refund

3/7/06 "No" letter from bank

13/7/06 LBA

7/08/06 handed claim to court

10/8/06 court stamped as date of issue

24/8/06 deemed to be served

25/8/06 Sechiari filed acknowledgement of service

6/9/06 defence served

9/9/06 copy of defence and AQ received by me

25/9/06 deadline for AQ submission

25/9/06 call Sechiari confirm safe receipt of my AQ

26/9/06 received copy AQ from Sechiari

29/9/06 letter to SCM to say "you want 1 month to settle, so settle"

18/10/06 after "strained communications"and how !

verbal offer of full settlement with conditions

communications rejecting conditions from me

5/11/06 received letter offering settlement with conditions

7/11/06 sent fax rejecting conditions etc

14/11/06 unconditional settlement in bank and how !;)

Thanks freebird they will stall and stall ask for each and every charge sign for and "lose"letters all sorts but will 99.9% of the time pay up BUTone day it may go to court BE PREPARED.You might be lucky and be paid but they may slip up and end up in court with you.

persist persist and persist.and you may end up with a night on the p**s like ive just had

best of luck.

john r

Congratulations lancsman. I will put WON in your title but leave it in the main forum for a while so everyone will see your good news.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6401 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks