Urgent help needed re employment agency gave me wrong info

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4745 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What evidence do you have of your agreement with the agency as to the sort of work you wanted? Any emails etc, saying, "I will only take a job in lettings", and a reply from them saying, "Yes, this is a job in lettings"?

I think you're going to have great trouble pursuing any legal avenue here. Yes, the agency have probably mislead you, but I think it'd be nigh-on impossible for you to successfully sue, unfortunately.

I think you're going to have to suck it up and either take this new job or find something else PDQ. Or eat humble pie and go back to your former employer and do some almighty grovelling in the hope that they'll reinstate you. Though given that you didn't give them even the statutory minimum notice before disappearing, I doubt they'll have ya. Have you already asked?

I work as a temp already - when the agency told me they had a job in the area i had SPECIFICALLY asked them to find for me and I would be started next Wednesday I had no choice to resign or else i wouldnt have got the new lettings job, the agency did send confirmation of who to report to, address etc as teh next day i was going for training.

To start one job you have to resign from the old one - they gave me the WRONG INFO and the onus is on them not on me fortrusting their misinformation.

Sadly this is the sort of thing that recruitment agencies do. I know, I've suffered the same myself- promises of salary, working hours, blahblahblah- only to be told something entirely different by the new employer. The agency is looking to fill the position and get their commission, and they don't give a toss about you leaving an existing job and then ending up with a job you wouldn't have taken.

About the best you can do is tell the agency what you think of them and don't take the job. As I said, I think you'll struggle to successfully seek redress here.

You could try and get into an email conversation with the RC, see if they admit that they were wrong about the job description in writing. Doubt they will though.

Hi Elpulpo

Sadly i think youre right. i am so damn angry. Ive worked for the same agency for years and they have been briliant - guess i forgot what slimey underhand b******s they can be. He did admit he thought it was lettings, but this was over the phone, and yes i doubt he will admit it over email.

Im going to ring them tomorrow and see what can be done, on the plus side the new temp job (that i dont want) really liked me and as im now trained and they have no one else to do the job - i hopefully want to renegotiate some terms and get them to employ me through my old employment agency - I'm not letting the new employment agency profit from this.

Thanks

Email them, don't phone. I try and do all of my business by email precisely for the reason that it gives you a record of what's said.

Not sure you'll be able to do the new job through your old agency if the new one placed you, usually there are restrictive covenants in place to prevent that.