Ross & Roberts CTAX debt- advice needed please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

its time you escalated your complaint about the breakdown of fees to the leader of the council

(do you remember when they levied the car was it for these accounts Account number x for property x - £329.01 sent on 9/9/08 Account number x for property x - £234.50 sent on 9/9/08

PS they don't have a court order they have a liability order this does not give them the right to enter your property to remove goods

this only applies if they have been in your home before to levy goods

p5 Forcing re-entry

The law upon the rights of bailiffs to force re-entry to premises in order to remove

goods previously seized has recently been clarified. In Khazanchi v Faircharm

Investments; McLeod v Butterwick [1998] 2 All ER 901 the Court of Appeal held that

bailiffs may only force re-entry where they are being deliberately excluded from

premises. It will thus be necessary in most cases for the bailiff to notify the debtor in

advance of the date and time of the visit in order to remove. If the debtor is then

absent from home, or refuses entry, force may be employed.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

By 'only applies if they have been in your home before to levy goods' do you mean actually take goods?? I am confused (thick!) about the word 'levy' and what this means for R&R..

C

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]C [COLOR=black]& [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]D :) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC[/B][COLOR=#000000]- Full settlement received & spent! £1,477.93 :-) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT] [COLOR=mediumturquoise][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC claim 2![/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - Full settlement offer received 27/06 - £1,116 :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]A&L[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] (for my Nan) - full settlement received on day of prelim hearing - approx £1500 :-)[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Halifax[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - full settlement received 30/06 - £2576! :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Barclays[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - Court forms were due to be submitted but he wants to wait for results of the court case with OFT[/COLOR][/FONT] [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#000000][B][COLOR=mediumturquoise]A&L[/COLOR][/B] - (for a friend) - court forms submitted - claim 'stayed' due to OFT case[/COLOR][/FONT]

Hi

By 'only applies if they have been in your home before to levy goods' do you mean actually take goods?? I am confused (thick!) about the word 'levy' and what this means for R&R..

C

It means they have come in and listed property and you have signed a walking possession. It does not mean they have actually removed them yet.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I have signed a walking possession in the past but I dont have a copy of it and cant remember when it was (over a year though I think).... Not very helpful I know and Im kicking myself for not having it. I know on the list was :

the car (which has gone as it broke down so we traded it for one on hp)

our sofas - which are actually on finance in my dads name (so are technically his)

the tv (which broke and has also gone)

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]C [COLOR=black]& [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]D :) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC[/B][COLOR=#000000]- Full settlement received & spent! £1,477.93 :-) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT] [COLOR=mediumturquoise][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC claim 2![/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - Full settlement offer received 27/06 - £1,116 :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]A&L[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] (for my Nan) - full settlement received on day of prelim hearing - approx £1500 :-)[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Halifax[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - full settlement received 30/06 - £2576! :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Barclays[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - Court forms were due to be submitted but he wants to wait for results of the court case with OFT[/COLOR][/FONT] [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#000000][B][COLOR=mediumturquoise]A&L[/COLOR][/B] - (for a friend) - court forms submitted - claim 'stayed' due to OFT case[/COLOR][/FONT]

I have three walking possession order forms that i have found - two for one reference number dated 23/11/09 and 15/07/09 and the other for another reference number dated 23/12/09.. The last one has a couple of different items on it:

My laptop (that I am on now!)

My partners xbox 360

Our sofas (which are my dads)

the TV (gone)

The car (also gone)

Are they still entitled to come in ad remove the good listed?

I need to go out at some point - will my house be safe?! I will lock the doors and windows just in case :-)

I need to go out at some point - will my house be safe?! I will lock the doors and windows just in case :-)

If they did just break in they would be in trouble, they would likely leave another letter, with extra fees added.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I have three walking possession order forms that i have found - two for one reference number dated 23/11/09 and 15/07/09 and the other for another reference number dated 23/12/09.. The last one has a couple of different items on it:

My laptop (that I am on now!)

My partners xbox 360

Our sofas (which are my dads)

cant levy on that

the TV (gone)

was this an old TV as in not flat screen

The car (also gone)

what was the trade in price of the car bearing in mind that the auction price would be considerably less

Are they still entitled to come in ad remove the good listed?

so they have levied the same goods 3 times well thats a no no for a start

so they have levied the same goods 3 times well thats a no no for a start

The old TV was a flat screen Samsumg and we now have a flat screen Sony as the other one just gave up as it was quite old - we took it to the tip i think.

We got £800 trade in for the Mondeo to get the Astra we now have on HP.

I have emailed the below to R&R on 4th April but only had a reply saying that because they have a few accounts for me, it would take a while for them to get back to me!

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges and the current outstanding balance.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a request under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

well... no sign of R&R and their van and its now 3.35!

How rude.. its now 4pm and no sign! I had done all my research and my partner and I were geared up for a fight - now all for nothing!

I am going to email the council again advising of r&R scare tactics and asking again that the debt is taken back. I phoned them earlier to check whether they had sanctioned the removal of goods and as you predicted - they hadn't!

Do you think I should also email R&R chasing my request for info?

I am going to email the council again advising of r&R scare tactics and asking again that the debt is taken back.

don't do an e-mail now leave it a few days till i get my head round the thread and i will help you compose a letter to the leader of the council (who your next complaint should be directed at) my hubby going away on Monday to work for 3 weeks :whoo::whoo:so this gives me plenty time for us to get it right

I phoned them earlier to check whether they had sanctioned the removal of goods and as you predicted - they hadn't!

well i am a witch after all :lol::lol::lol:

ok thank you soooo much :-)

Beware tomorrow as they may try knowing you cannot contact the Council on a Saturday - but they are really asking for trouble if they do.

PT

Thats not good.. will be too scared to have my windows open or play in the garden with my son again (they can get into my garden without me opening any gate / door etc!).

I am not surprised they never turned up today, the bloke was actually quite nice until I refused to pay £125 and I said I am asking the council to take the debt back.. He also didnt like it when I said I would call the police if he tried to get in (to which he said he would call them on my behalf and I said 'yes please, thanks!'.

Beware, the police will usually take the side of the bailiff even they are only there to keep the peace, they will usually suggest you have a nice cosy chat INSIDE your house with the bailiff, which then constitutes peaceful entry and the bailiff can levy and do a walking possession. best to ignore him and not let him in imho

Nope!

right going to do a letter right now to e-mail to the CEO regarding this

post 35 the e-mail you received from the council does it have the the name of the person who sent it

am i right you sent your e-mails to the recovery department and the reply was from them

If i need any More info for this i will send you a PM as it stops me clogging up the thread with unnecessary posts

I have three walking possession order forms that i have found - two for one reference number dated 23/11/09 and 15/07/09

do you mean you have 2 walking possessions one dated 23/11/09 and one dated 15/7/09 both with the same ref number

and the other for another reference number dated 23/12/09.. The last one has a couple of different items on it:

have you signed all/any these

can you confirm you have had no letters from R&R from the date of the last walking possession 23/12/09 up until your missed payment

was the demand for £800+ hand delivered what date did you receive it

Edited by hallowitch

• 4 weeks later...