Mortgage Charges - How Long Back can i reclaim?

SaudiMail
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4770 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was forced to sell my house due to charges and ridiculous interest rates being charged by Bear Stearns. That was in 2001 and I would like to bring a case against them and recover the money, however I don't know if I can do this because of the 6 year rule.

Also, I don't live in the UK any more and would need a solicitor to take action on my behalf. So if it is possible to make a claim can anyone recommend a good solicitor.

If these are mortgage arrears charges then yes, you can claim them back.

You would be claiming the refund of money paid under a mistake. The limitation period this is six years starting from the date that you appreciate the mistake or the date that you could reasonably have done so. The mistake in question is that you didn't realise that the charges were invalid because of their unfairness.

There is no reason that you can't do this yourself. If you really want to give up control of the case and have a frustrating experience and includes a substantial chunk of your money to somebody else, then no doubt you can find someone to help you, that we don't make any of these kind of recommendations on this website.

But I see you don't live in the UK is not a problem as long as you know UK address for service of papers – because you will have to go to court on this. This means that you will at least have to issue court papers in order to get them to pay attention to you.

If you have friends or family in the UK who will receive correspondence for you – and who are very reliable – and can open and scanned documents to you so that you have them almost immediately, then you can deal with it easily.

I have just issued proceedings for the sale at massive undervalue of our property. Involves a bank. Undervalue sales are strictly within six years.

So as a matter of interest for those people who are "out of time" for undervalue are they able to claim for charges and interest?

This is going to be a big journey and have already used some great information from this fantastic site. will probably be needing help along the way please Bankfodder. But don't want the other side to know what I'm up to until its in writing. So far issued claim, file POC, received their Defence/Counterclaim.

Should say that had many years in court in person before loss of property. Have experience after on related case, wrong advice from solicitor, in Mercantile Court. Excellent Judge there understood and therefore helped for the new action.

So looking for tips on finally putting these b------- back in court and nailing them. They committed fraud to win last time. Not going to get away with it this time because I have good old hindsight!

thread renamed

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the advice, just found out that Bear Sterns was bought out by JP Morgan Chase in 2008 due to the financial crisis. Will I be able to make a claim against JP Morgan Chase?

Thanks for the advice. I've just found out that Bear Stearns was bought out by JP Morgan Chase in 2008 due to the financial crisis. Can I make a claim against JP Morgan Chase?

Thanks for the advice. I've just found out that Bear Stearns was bought out by JP Morgan Chase in 2008 due to the financial crisis. Can I make a claim against JP Morgan Chase?