• Tweets

• One other point to note, the more I read, the more I study, the more proficient I feel I am becoming in this area. Make no mistake DBCL if you are reading this, when I win in court, if I have the grounds to make any claims against you, such as breach of GDPR, I shall be doing so.
    • Yep, I read that and thought about trying to find out what the consideration and grace period is at Riverside but not sure I can. I know they say "You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is"  but I doubt they would disclose it to the public, maybe I should have asked in my CPR 31.14 letter? Yes, I think I can get rid of 5 minutes. I am also going to include a point about BPA CoP: 13.2 The reference to a consideration period in 13.1 shall not apply where a parking event takes place. I think that is Deception .... They giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other!
    • Six months of conflict have also taken a heavy economic toll.View the full article
    • the Town and Country [advertisments ] Regulations 2007 are not easy to understand. Most Council planing officials don't so it's good that you found one who knows. Although he may not have been right if the rogues have not been "controlling" in the car park for that long. The time only starts when the ANPR signs go up, not how long the area has been used as a car park.   Sadly I have checked Highview out and they have been there since at least 2014 . I have looked at the BPA Code of Practice version 8 which covers 2023 and that states Re Consideration and Grace Periods 13.3 Where a parking location is one where a limited period of parking is permitted, or where drivers contract to park for a defined period and pay for that service in advance (Pay & Display), this would be considered as a parking event and a Grace Period of at least 10 minutes must be added to the end of a parking event before you issue a PCN. It then goes on to explain a bit more further down 13.5 You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is. 13.6 Neither a consideration period or a grace period are periods of free parking and there is no requirement for you to offer an additional allowance on top of a consideration or grace period. _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________So you have  now only overstayed 5 minutes maximum since BPA quote a minimum of 10 minutes. And it may be that the Riverside does have a longer period perhaps because of the size of the car park? So it becomes even more incumbent on you to remember where the extra 5 minutes could be.  Were you travelling as a family with children or a disabled person where getting them in and out of the car would take longer. Was there difficulty finding a space, or having to queue to get out of the car park . Or anything else that could account for another 5 minutes  without having to claim the difference between the ANPR times and the actual times.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Egg: Default/PPI

r4inman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4730 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey guys, been reading this forum for a couple of months now trying to get enough information to start my fight against egg.

To cut a long story short, i'm applying for a mortgage, and my broker (friend) asked me for a credit report to give me an idea on where i would stand- credit report showed a default from egg.

This default is from early 2007, i payed it off after it was referred to a DCA, at a reduced settlement.

At this point no one mentioned a default on my credit report.

I recently requested a SAR, and have been going through the mountain of paperwork.

There is no copy of a default, and more importantly no sign of any messages or notes to say a default was sent or registered(screenshots)

Another point to note, they gave me this loan in 2005 with ppi included. I never requested this, and being a student at the time,

(working 8 hours a week) i don't think in the event of unemployment it would be applicable to me anyhow!

I am wondering how to now proceed with regards to EGG as there is no formal default or messages, and my primary concern is to remove this from my credit report!

Any help would be gratefully recieved!

Was it actually Egg or their appointed DCA who placed the default?

Assuming it was Egg, then as far as I am aware you will need to write to them and on the basis that no default existed, ask for the marker to be removed. They will most likely refuse, so you may need to be persistent, using the evidence gleaned from the SAR to prove your point.

Alas there is no quick way of doing this, so if you are keen for a mortgage, you might need to ask the CRA to add a narrative denying the default and hope that a potential lender gives the benefit of the doubt in the meantime.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

you are going to have a tough time cracking egg ......

could you have poss made a series of late/under payment leading up to the marker?

sometimes CRA's automatically mark files '8' default after 4-6 markers.

the other thought is the PPI

if you were to reclaim that

if mightr well reduce the bal at the time of the default?

any charges at all?

are there any indications around the time of the marker that you were over limit or late paying?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you are going to have a tough time cracking egg ......

could you have poss made a series of late/under payment leading up to the marker?

sometimes CRA's automatically mark files '8' default after 4-6 markers.

the other thought is the PPI

if you were to reclaim that

if mightr well reduce the bal at the time of the default?

any charges at all?

are there any indications around the time of the marker that you were over limit or late paying?

dx

I remember at the time, i was struggling with their monthly repayments whilst at uni. They gave me a payment break i think of around 3 months, but things didn't improve. They then shifted the debt to a DCA, who sent me this lovely polite letter which scared the crap out of me.

My sister contacted them and they offered removal of the debt if she could give them a one off payment which she did.

The amount of the loan to be repayed at the time of the default was just over 4k

The reduced settlement they offered her was £800 less this.

Looking at the loan agreement the ppi alone is £1100.

It looks like the default was registered by EGG 3 - 4 days after my sis had settled with the DCA.

Now if she was aware that partial settlement would result in a default she wouldnt have done it.

shows that they didnt have paperwork then

no dca will offer a 'discount' if they can smoke the whole cigar!

if egg defaulted after the pay-off

can you not argue that with them?

if you reclaim the ppi you could probably argue too that the bal was false because of the ppi and why was the ppi not use to stop a default being put on.

also you must have unlawful charges too i bet

do the same with those

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the advice.

With regards to the paperwork, with the SAR they did provide me with my original CCA with my original signature, but as i've repaid this is not soo much of an issue.

The route i'm going to take forward is the ppi/charges reflecting an incorrect balance on any default notice that they did 'not' send me.

Are there any template as such available that i could use in this case?

Hi guys bit of an update following some correspondance with Egg.

They have advised me;

-The intent to default letter was 'apparently' sent on the same day they filed the default with the CRA

-They allow customers 28 days from the date of the letter to remedy the situation.

-I remedied the situation within that timeframe, but i was contacted by the DCA rather than them, and so the settlement was with them.

Now i've already got quite alot to hit them with thanks to the above posts however a have a couple of question with regards to this new information;

-Can Egg sell on my debt before the given 28 days

-If they have sold on the debt, are they supposed to inform me.

-If they have not followed correct protocol with regards to the selling of debt, what action could i take?

On a side note, Natwest have removed a default on my file, following a sar and a phone call!

Thanks again for all your help!

Hi guys bit of an update following some correspondance with Egg.

They have advised me;

-The intent to default letter was 'apparently' sent on the same day they filed the default with the CRA

-They allow customers 28 days from the date of the letter to remedy the situation.

-I remedied the situation within that timeframe, but i was contacted by the DCA rather than them, and so the settlement was with them.

Now i've already got quite alot to hit them with thanks to the above posts however a have a couple of question with regards to this new information;

-Can Egg sell on my debt before the given 28 days - no!

-If they have sold on the debt, are they supposed to inform me. - yes

-If they have not followed correct protocol with regards to the selling of debt, what action could i take? - TBH not a lot!

On a side note, Natwest have removed a default on my file, following a sar and a phone call!

Thanks again for all your help!

dx

and they

cca should do

not exactly my game where stuff is

dx

and they

Thanks for the above info.

Following a reply to my official complaint, egg state they sent me an intent to default notice however do not keep copies of this as they do not have to?

They feel the default was applied correctly.... end of story!

Like i said from the SAR there is no ref of default being sent on their system, but their response was on their notes system there is- Are they obliged to supply all info about me held by them or is there some discretion(SAR)

Im still pursuing the ppi/charges angle however am i bit stuck on the grounds of non notification.

Any ideas??

Also if i want to chalenge the default, whilst the FOS is snowed under, is there a process where i could take this through a small claims court?

Edited by r4inman

i doubt you can do anything about this as advised already

if you made a series of late/underpayments the the CRA system will mark it as '8' after about 4 or 6

but as you indicate egg have some record that thay did sent a letter , then thats all they have to have - a 'record' not the actual default letter as it was automated..

your only chance here is to get the default removed by the OC when/if you reclaim PPI and or charges

and the balance 'when' they put the default on , would thus now be wrong.

dx

and they

Ok i see where you are coming from.

So my next step would be reclaim ppi/charges, and then request egg to remove default as their figures in the DN would have be incorrect.

I am looking for an example of a template of a default notice early 2007 (jan/feb) - the one they sent me in their reply to my complaint was for late 2007. Would i find one on this site?

Hi guys me again, quick question.

Can Egg apply a default on an account that has an invalid CCA?

Just to re itterate, the debt has been paid off, so not looking to invalidate, just looking at different angles.

yes

dx

and they

Hello again,

Thanks for the prompt response DX.

I have found that the arrears information given to me is incorrect disregarding the ppi at this stage (ppi reclaim is ongoing investigation with them)

If this is the case, does this again make the default invalid?

I'm looking through the Credit Act and can see the section covering arrears but cant seem to work out which is relevant to the actual amount and consequences if it is incorrect.

Seems i'm having a blonde moment.

Any pointing in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, Egg have been trying to waste my time and keep ignoring or dismissing my complaints without actually responding to them.

I feel i would be best served taking this further away from dealing directly with Egg.

Reading from various posts, it seems defaults are not in the remit of the ombudsman, so court is the best way forward.

Could anyone point me in the direction of the example of someone going to court to remove a default ?

Hello again,

Following DX's advice i used the ppi / late charges plus the fact they gave me incorrect arrears figures for my default notices (which i never recieved) as grounds for my arguement.

Initially they tried to bat it away, but following a threat of legal action, they have removed the default, and curiously in their letter to me they state, they are doing this as there has been a change to

their business policy implemented in December 2010. What that means i do not know!

Thanks everyone for all your help!!

A happy rainman :o)