Smeg Canopy Cooker Hood - not steam proof!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4648 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a Smeg KSEG7 via Deals4U.co.uk and it has blown 3 times now. A very helpful engineer, sent out by Deals4U has been here twice, and has now replaced the circuit board and placed it inside a plastic bag to stop steam getting to it (!!!) He said it would probably be okay but if i smelt burning i should turn it off!

The hood has since blown again, but I replaced the fuse, and now the switch for the light is not working at all, although the motor is still working.

Smeg, via Deals4U, have offered to collect it but there was confusion about whether they would replace the unit.

Having spoken to Deals4U, who I bought this item from, I have been told that if I want a refund or replacment, i will need to pay for the required electrician to come and disconnect/dismantle the hood, and to install a new one!

Since the goods are faulty and I have already paid for the original installation (as well as a custom made cupboard unit to house it) are Deals4U correct in refusing to pay for removal and reinstallation?

Please help!... :|

Edited by lucycr2004
this is my main question

You could possibly have 2 issues here

1) A SMEG hood that isnt steam proof. What blew 3 times, the circuit board or the fuse?

2) A dumb electrician putting internal boards in plastic bags!!!! Not very bright!

Yorky.

• 3 months later...

Good to see a manufacturer on this forum. If you are wanting to represent Smeg in an official capacity, email admin and they'll tell ya how to proceed.

I believe that the consumer should deal with the retailer, as that is who their contract is with, but great to see you guys going that extra mile.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar