HSBC chasing me for a debt that I had with Beneficial (HFC)?

kiri260180
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4773 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya

I was wondering if I could have some advice. I have received a collection letter from Westcott chasing me for a debt that was with Beneficial Credit Card and I believe from memory it was with HFC?. I asked for my original credit agreement a couple of years ago from Capquest and they could not produce it. I received a lot of phone calls and lots of letters threatening action but I kept on saying that I will not pay anymore money until you produce my agreement. All went quiet until two weeks ago and Wetcott contacted me and said they were collecting this debt on behalf of HSBC?? Is that possible? Are HFC no longer? Would it be prudent to ask both Westcott and HSBC for my original agreement or just Westcott?

Thank you so much for any help you can provide. kiri260180

ignore wetcolths

HFC is part of the HSBC group [formally Midland bank]

they brought HFC years ago after rebadging to benificial finance.

because HFC mis-sold 100'000 of PPI policies and they tried to bury the evidence and rebrand.

they did a hell of alot of shreading of old paperwork to [even stuff winin 6yrs!]

sadly the FOS got wind of it and fined HFC £1.8M for mis-selling.

totally ignore the lot of em

unless they wavea court claim under your nose

you are just on a phishing list

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you so much for your post, unfortunately they know it is me, already been stupid enough to confirm this. They have given me 10 days before they send round a doorstep collector or issue a court claim. Am I right in saying that if they have lost my agreement which it looks like they have, they will not able to take me to court anyway? Do not really want a doorstep collector to come round especially in front of my two young children.

They are not permitted to send a Doorstep collector round without your permission. If they turn up, then ask them politely to go away. There is little they can do as no court action has been taken.

Wescott can only advise their client to take legal action... they cannot take legal action themselves as they are not the owner of the debt.. .

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

how old is this

history please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hiya :-) here's a letter wot I wrote over 3 years ago... time flys when your having fun lol :-)

My account with XXXX

Account number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Outstanding Balance £xxxx.xx

I note with interest you have been instructed by your client to recover the outstanding balance on the above account and the fact you now formally demand immediate payment of £xxxx.xx on behalf of your client following their own failed attempts to ignore the legal process and in my opinion extract money with menaces.

I have requested proof of this debt from your client which I am still awaiting and in view of this I confirm any further costs you incur in this matter will be your own fault for being too stupid to read my correspondence and take heed of the current legal situation that exists and therefore will be at your own liability.

I further confirm if my account is referred to debt collection agents who try to act without the required legal backing and attempt to call on me collect payment I will contact the police to have them removed from my premises and commence harassment proceedings against them, you and your client.

Yippee kayo mother fu**er

Castlebest

It may need a bit of editing but its basicaly sound :-)

pete