Please help.Calculation required.

martin65
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6432 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

please can someone help.

Got a loan for £39090 over 300 months

Interest @9.84 pa or 0.82 per month.

NO missed payments.

Requested settlement after 13 months.

ERC @ 6 months interest.

QUESTION:How do I calculate the redemption figure???

Have painstakenly attempted 3 different versions and all come in lower than figure given by the Company concerned.

ANY HELP MOST APPRECIATED.

Guest ian cognito

I had the same issue a couple of years ago and when I questioned how they arrived at the figure, I was told it included administration fees, so you probably can't work it out just from the balance and the interest rate.

Worth asking them for a breakdown of it?

You need to have a look at your documentation as there are a number of ways to calculate the ERC

If you're lucky, it will be a simple '6 months interest on the original loan amount at XXX rate'

You should certainly be able to get a breakdown of what your costs would be were you to redeem

All advice is offered in good faith based on my own research and understanding of the laws involved, however I'm not a lawyer!

Please dont rely on annoymous advice posted on a public forum without checking it out for yourself first!

Hello,

why is it a 6 month interest at the original loan amount,should it not be a 6 month interest at the redemption date of amount O/S at that time.

That is usually how it is - even on flex mortgages where you can overpay/underpay etc and leave the balnce at £1 - you still pay the ERC on amount borrowed to have their charge released.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.