Vanquis and Cabot

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4426 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok duly noted about emails. I would agree with you on this point too as I sent them an email and they did not respond at all! I will write to them at Vanquis, but any idea on what letter would be the best to send to Cabot re: charges or any idea of what I can put in the letter? I have the SAR one

Many thanks

Are Cabot working on behalf of Vanquis or have

they bought the debt??

Have sent Cabot a CCA request??

Once I have this info I''ll look at a draft

letter for you.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Cabot are working on behalf of Vanquis, but Cabot sent the CCA to me and it is a genuine one from the internet so no signature.

Fine get the SAR into Vanquis, and simply tell Cabot

that until your SAR has been complied with you cannot

proceed further.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

• 2 weeks later...

I have today received a further letter from Cabot asking me to telephone them - I am reluctant to do this for obvious reasons. I have emailed them, but they are basically stating that I have failed to contact them. This is not true. I have also written to them to say that I am in the process of getting an SAR.

I have asked the original lender for a SAR and sent the letter to them last week and informed Cabot that this is what I had done. Cabot have now bought the debt. They keep adding charges to the account, charges which I think are unfair as I had to wait 9 months for a CCA. Would you suggest that I send a letter to Cabot asking for an SAR and send it recorded delivery? Would you suggest that I contact Cabot direct for a SAR now?

Many thanks in advance

Ok so today I received a letter from Cabot, who have bought my debt, in response to my SAR letter I sent them. They have stated that they are putting together an encrypted CD to me and this will be with me soon, but I can have it in paper format if I would prefer. They have said though that they cannot guarantee that they have an up to date credit agreement on their files or that they have all the statements on me and that I would have to ask Vanquis for this part. I have actually written to Vanquis and asked for all information they have on me too, but if Cabot have bought the debt should they not have been given all information on me at the time of purchase?

Also any ideas if I should keep with the CD or go with the paper format?

Greatly appreciate any help available.

HI NO the SAR always needs to go

to the original creditor, debts are sold

in bulk and have little more than basic

information provided.

I would want a paper format personally.

It gets so complicated. My approach is simple. Ignore every single thing they send. Don't get involved in any correspondence. If they ring you just say they have the wrong number. I have seen off more than 20 DCAs in this way because they send a certain number of letters then give up and pass it to someone else. Too late for many on here because they've been hooked. But for those who haven't- just ignore. Half the time they don't know if the debt is even genuine or even if you are still alive. Why play their game?

Number of letters received= 200+. Number of replies sent = 0. Number of court actions = 0.

• 4 weeks later...

ok sar received from cabot and vanquis but neither include copies of statements and vanquis have not sent any copies of letters they have written to me - should i go back to them to ask them to fulfil the request more

any help much appreciated

ok sar received from cabot and vanquis but neither include copies of statements and vanquis have not sent any copies of letters they have written to me - should i go back to them to ask them to fulfil the request more

any help much appreciated

Absolutely, if they have not provided statements, and at the very least a diary of events (which would identify communication between you and them) then they have not complied with your SAR request. There is a non compliance letter in the CAG library..

It is unlikely they will keep copies of letters sent / received.. but there should be a notation on the diary of events or communication log ! If they use lots of codes, then there should be a list of these given also so you can identify them on the logs.

HTH

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Picking up on a point which has been asked on this thread but not answered...are Cabot allowed to add interest/charges prior to a CCA request being complied with (i'm in a similar position with Cabot adding charges over almost 2 years before they provided what they say is a CCA)? It seems wrong to me that they can do this (although appreciate Cabot seem to not care about procedures)

They can only apply interest and charges if it is provided for in the agreement and terms and conditions .. if they cant provide a copy of those, then on what basis are they applying them.. hmm ? :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

thank you for that, that was what I thought, however it doesn't stop those of us that they do it to worrying about it (in my case they've added over £1.5K) when I broached the subject with them, they said they are allowed to do it because it said so in the agreement..that will be agreement they couldn't provide at the time then! You couldn't make it up! Still don't think the copy CCA they've provided complies but they've gone quiet so i'll not wake them up, but wait for them to send the next threat-o-gram!

Gorse - good luck, hope you get it sorted :)