Lloyds TSB not responding

lbr102help
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4625 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a letter yesterday from Excel Counselling Services requesting that they meet with me at my address to discuss my borrowings. It says I have 48 hours to contact them or they will visit me. I assume it is 48 hours from the date of the letter which was dated 29/03/11.

I obviously have no desire to meet with them. I'm also a bit annoyed as I have written to Lloyds and provided a record of my outgoings and incomings and they seem to have chosen to ignore this, passed on my details to Excel and also continued to send me harassing letters, as well as call me every few days from their call centre in India.

As an aside, the Indian call centre has no record of what is going on in the other areas of Lloyds and had no record of a letter that Lloyds sent to me a couple of months back in response to me requesting that they put my account on hold for 28 days!

Anyway, my question is what do I do next with regards to Excel and with regards to Lloyds as well.

I have access to a printer for about the next 3 hours so am hoping to get anything I need typed up and printed by then.

Thanks for your help.

Hi lbr

Send them this after amending to suit . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?410-LETTER-USED-WHEN-A-DCA-THREATENS-A-DOORSTEP-VISIT

Just print your name and if poss send recorded for proof of delivery taking into account the alleged time scale but there's more than a good chance they wont turn up anyway, keep a copy or two by the door just in case and shove it through the letter box

You're under no obligation to even talk to them let alone let them in, if they arrive and get snotty call your local Police (Not 999) and tell them you're being harassed by someone that wont leave

Regards

R

Edited by Revenant
Can't spell

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Thank you. Do I also send this to Lloyds?

No just Excel

R

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Thank you.

Do you think it's best just to leave Lloyds for now? It'd be nice if they bothered getting back to me re: my suggested payment!

I'd get Excel off your back first then get your paperwork together and make a formal complaint to Lloyds, I imagine you can find how to do that on thier website

Regards

R

Thank you. I really appreciate your advise.

You're welcome . . every little helps as they say

The thing is you've contacted Lloyds with an offer that so far they seem to have ignored and that being the case if they started to get heavy handed when your offer was brought up again they'd look very silly

R

I sent a statement of my outgoings and incomings to Lloyds last month and have not yet had a response. Yesterday I received a letter from their debt collection company (Excel) requesting that I arrange a home visit with them.

I got some very kind help and a letter to send to Excel from someone on this forum already. That is ready to be taken to the post office.

I was just wondering what to do about Lloyds? Any advise appreciated greatly!

Hi

In my experience, Excel are just puppets for Lloyds TSB. What was the debt for? The reason I ask is that all Excel will offer is to turn it into a loan with 'one easy payment'.

I wouldn't worry too much, they can't come to your house without your permission, and if they do, just tell them to go away and all dealings should be in writing only.

When Excel first contacted me, the letter said that their representative had called but no one was in. This note was in an envelope, stamped, and franked. They're not too clever

but it sounds as though you're at the early stages. You will probably hear from Westcot soon.

Worry tends to make the smallest thing throw the largest shadow - Swedish Proverb

I'm having problems with Lloyds. I lost my job and have been unable to maintain payments on my loan and credit card. I have written to them with my income and expenditure twice and they haven't responded.

Meanwhile I keep getting calls from their call centre in India. I usually take them. As one part of Lloyds don't talk to the other part and haven't a clue what's going on, they get confused and eventually put the calls on hold for 7 days usually. I can't take it anymore though! This week I have had the following calls:

4 on Friday

5 on Saturday

1 so far today

I haven't answered these ones as I can't bare to try and explain again to a very confused person on the phone who hasn't got a record of half of what's gone on on her computer system and is only interested in taking payment All well and good but when I don't have the money, I can't pay. I also got a letter from Excel Counselling Services last week which I posted on here about. I have written to them telling them I do not wish them to visit me and taking away their implied rights of access.

Has anyone got any advice please? I am at the end of my tether.

Also apologies if this in the wrong place.

Thank you. I was sure I read that once upon a time but I wasn't sure if that was 1 or 2 times where they actually got through and I've been ignoring their calls this week.

It's probably not the right thing to do to ignore the calls but I see no point in speaking to them when they don't know what is going on and haven't responded to my letter.

I actually was asked a month or so ago by the call centre who were calling me to bring into a branch a letter that they had sent to me to prove that they had sent it because they didn't have a record of it their system. It's bad enough having to prove I sent letters to them without having to prove they've sent letters to me as well!

Thanks for your help by the way and sorry for the rant.

Write a "Do Not Call" letter and send it both to the creditor and their harrassing representative. This letter should include your name, account information, and instructions about when, where, and how they may contact you. Make sure to send this letter via registerd post so you will have evidence the letter was received, should you need proof in the future.

Keep a log of the harassing calls. Mark down the date and time of each call, the name of the collector who contacted you and the creditor they represent either on a calendar or in a notebook kept right next to your telephone. You can then use this log as evidence you are indeed being harassed.

While this idea may not prevent harassing calls, it will certainly help you prove their existence. Why not record the calls? And even if you aren't actually recording calls, there is nothing wrong with telling a creditor or their representative that you are. More than likely, the tone of the conversation will change considerably.

With thanks to ehow Money. Once again though not being able to post links isn't helpful, to be honest.

Thank you. I will take a look at ehow.

So I should accept the calls by the sound of it rather than just ignore them?

Lloyds are driving me mad - at least Mint have agreed my repayment with relative ease where as Lloyds are just being unbelievable.

i had tsame problem with barclay's and rbs after while they send dcas to yourselves i know i shouldnt of but ignored their calls and letters and i had few letters from various dca for barclays tryin to get my attention while rbs has no contact or even dca for them that least been 5 yrs i think so hopefully it statury barred for me since i'm in bonnie scotland - land of the ****ing rain lol

Do not speak to them on the phone, other than to tell them not to call and to put everything in writing. Refuse their security questions, barr the numbers if you can or change your number. They have no right to keep calling if you ask them not to, it constitutes harassment.

Send um this

Harassment Letter

To stop those annoying phone calls

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?493-Harassment-by-telephone-response-letter

Report them to Trading Standards and OFT via Consumer Direct

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact

Keep everything in writing. You have informed them of your situation and how much you can afford to pay. You are under no obligation to provide an I&E or any other information they ask for, only a court can order this. If you can make a payment, just do this by standing order if you can. The main thing is to get them off your phone and stop this harassment.

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

A good tip if they ring and ask for you is to say 'I will just get them' then put the phone in a drawer, next to the TV and let them listen to 'Bargain Hunt', turn on the vacuum cleaner etc. They will soon get hacked off and get the message. You are under no obligation whatsoever to speak to them, remember that. Personally, I tell them to sod off or similar.

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

once i was in a funny mood i think i had few vodka n cokes when one of the dca (male ) phoned me up i started to chat the guy up asking for his number what is he wearing etc i have never seen dca lost for words haha he soon hangup i partner was ****ing herself she couldnt believe what i done but oh well

just remind them of the recent court case of MBNA and all the calls they made

Do you have a link to this?

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

I'm having problems with Lloyds. I lost my job and have been unable to maintain payments on my loan and credit card. I have written to them with my income and expenditure twice and they haven't responded.

Meanwhile I keep getting calls from their call centre in India. I usually take them. As one part of Lloyds don't talk to the other part and haven't a clue what's going on, they get confused and eventually put the calls on hold for 7 days usually. I can't take it anymore though! This week I have had the following calls:

4 on Friday

5 on Saturday

1 so far today

I haven't answered these ones as I can't bare to try and explain again to a very confused person on the phone who hasn't got a record of half of what's gone on on her computer system and is only interested in taking payment All well and good but when I don't have the money, I can't pay. I also got a letter from Excel Counselling Services last week which I posted on here about. I have written to them telling them I do not wish them to visit me and taking away their implied rights of access.

Has anyone got any advice please? I am at the end of my tether.

Also apologies if this in the wrong place.

Clearly, the amount of telephone calls is not acceptable. I would follow the advice given by Cobee33 and coledog. Tell ( don't ask,tell ) LLoyds to contact you in writing only. They are obliged to do this and cannot refuse.

Edited by bramblebuster

• 4 months later...

Tell them to leave an you do not want any further contact and send a letter saying same and telling them you will have them arrested for trespass and harassment to both Excel and to Lloyds. You do not have to let them in. I had to force them to leave as they became aggressive and hurt my shoulder. Then I told them on their answer machine what I thought of them and sent an email and letter with the same. I think they got the message.