• Tweets

• Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
    • The streaming giant also said it added 9.3 million subscribers in the first three months of the year.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Have just received statutory demand from Cap Quest, could someone please help?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4765 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Have just received a stat demand from cap quest regarding a debt they bought from Aqua for a credit card debt.

The origanal default notice from Aqua was faulty as they did not allow enough time to remedy.

This demand gives me 18 days to applt to the court to have set aside, but no court adress is given? that bit has been left blank!!!!!!!

I will try and post up the documents.

Regards and thanks Seasider1956

CapqueststatdemandBlanked.jpg

Capqueststatdemand3blanked.jpg

Capqueststatdemand4blanked.jpg

Capqueststatdemand5Blanked.jpg

Call Barry Davies 3 times on different days. Ask for him personally but do not give details other than your name. No one's ever spoken to him to my knowledge on here. The named person on the SD MUST be available and not being able to contact him is breaching the insolvency service rules. Take note of time and date.

Thank you for the reply, I will do that tomorrow.

But are they allowed to leave the Court adress blank, how would I apply to have it set aside if I do not know what court to apply to?

Would I be better of just to let them make me bankrupt, as I have no assets and you cannot get blood out of a stone.

Regards Seasider1956.

Thank you for the reply, I will do that tomorrow.

But are they allowed to leave the Court adress blank, how would I apply to have it set aside if I do not know what court to apply to?

Not all courts can deal with bankruptcy matters. Bankruptcy petitions can be presented at the High Court in London, or in a county court that deals with bankruptcy matters. Generally, you should take your application to set aside a SD to the court that deals with the area where you live.

If you are not sure which court to go to, you should telephone your nearest county court for advice.

The Court Service website at www.courtservice.gov.uk has a list of county courts with bankruptcy jurisdiction, and an index of county courts which will show you the geographical jurisdiction of each.

Edited by nicklea

Good morning Seasider

When was the debt assigned? Did you receive a Notice of Assignment? What were the circumstances leading up to the issue of the Default Notice, were you in dispute or what happened in your personal life that caused you to fall into arrears on the account?

Kind Regards

The Mould

Hello the Mould

The debt was assigned in December 2010

I wrote to Aqua on 24th February 2009 stating that I could no longer keep up the repayments, I also sent them proof of my Incapacity benefit, War pension etc. I also offered to pay £10 per month.

But they deemed fit to ignore all this and have hounded us since.

We have had letters from loads of different DCC over the past two years.

The above default notice was looked at by someone on here and I was told it was defective, as they had not given me enough time to remedy.

In light of the defective notice I was informed on here that I only owed the arrears.

The debt firms have been as follows,

Moorcroft

1st Credit

Then Cap Quest who bought the debt from Aqua on 1st December 2010.

Does the defective default notice not mean anything, or should I just let them bankrupt me, as I cannot ever pay off this Debt.

Regards Seasider1956.

Edited by Seasider1956
Addition

Hello the Mould

The debt was assigned in December 2010

I wrote to Aqua on 24th February 2009 stating that I could no longer keep up the repayments, I also sent them proof of my Incapacity benefit, War pension etc. I also offered to pay £10 per month.

But they deemed fit to ignore all this and have hounded us since.

We have had letters from loads of different DCC over the past two years.

The above default notice was looked at by someone on here and I was told it was defective, as they had not given me enough time to remedy.

In light of the defective notice I was informed on here that I only owed the arrears.

The debt firms have been as follows,

Moorcroft

1st Credit

Then Cap Quest who bought the debt from Aqua on 1st December 2010.

Does the defective default notice not mean anything, or should I just let them bankrupt me, as I cannot ever pay off this Debt.

Regards Seasider1956.

Hello again Seasider

We shall fight them on the beaches (if we have to) dear fellow.

What happend between the 24 February 2009 and the serving of said Default Notice? i.e; Did you continue to communicate (with the enemy) in respect of your financial difficulties, but to no avail as they disregarded your genuine change in circumstances?

How much is the claim for?

Did you recieve the Notice of Assignment (NOA)?

Said Default Notice [is] invalid, what about the amount of arrears stated therein, is the figure correct?

Come back, Roger - over.

Kind Regards

The Mould

Could someone help me with the question above regarding leaving the Court address of the Stat demand.

Are they allowed to do this.

Seasider,

Did you read my previous post? What you need to do is call your local county court and find out from them which is the nearest court to you that deals with bankruptcy. Either that or go online and check the link I gave you.

It is common for creditors to leave out the name of the court ass they may well not know which court you would apply to.

Hello mould.

On 10th march they contacted me with a slip in an envelope asking me to send proof of income which I did and sent recorded.

Only replies I received were letters asking for payment, so wrote asking them to freeze interest, but got no reply.

Received maybe fifteen phone calls a day.

Sent telephone harassment letters.

Sent CCA request on 19th March 2009.

More threatening calls, but no mention of my payment offer.

Default notice on 22nd June 2009.

Loads of Moorcroft letters.

Letter saying account closed on 8th October 2009.

Then another on the 9th October 2009.

Letter from Cap Quest stating they had bought debt from Aqua 6th December 2010.

Week later letter from Bank of Scotland/Aqua undated notice of assignment.

Loads of demand letters since from Cap Quest.

The claim is for £3547.48 which includes interest added of £103.32 since assignment.

Regards Seasider1956.

Hi Nicklea

Thanks for the reply, but I am going to sit this out at the moment and if they make me bankrupt so be it.

I am skint so they will still get nowt, and my credit file is trashed anyway.

I was thinking of making myself bankrupt, but almost had another heart attack when i found out how much it would cost.

So I might as well let Cap quest pay for it.

Most people I have spoken to who have gone down this route, seem to eventually come up smelling of roses anyway.

Take care Seasider1956.

Fair enough.

To be honest, the last thing that creditors want to do is to make you bankrupt. It is very unlikely they will get any money unless you own your home and there is a lot of equity.

If you do not own your own home or there is little or no equity then you have nothing to worry about.

Bankruptcy now only lasts for 12 months so, depending on your cirumstances, you may well be better off if they do attempt to make you bankrupt.

Other people have had SDs delivered personally and then had bankruptcy petitions delivered. I would suggest that the fact that they have sent this by oridanry post is just a scare tactic and it is unlikely that they will take it further. If your position is that you wouldn't mind that they take it further then I would agree with you that the best thing is to sit back and see what happens.

People can only give advice based on what you tell us. If you had said in the first post that you were considering bankruptcy anyway then I am sure that the advice would have been not to worry about this SD. But everybody's situation is different and you cannot assume anything about what somebody wants to do.

Fair enough.

To be honest, the last thing that creditors want to do is to make you bankrupt. It is very unlikely they will get any money unless you own your home and there is a lot of equity.

If you do not own your own home or there is little or no equity then you have nothing to worry about.

Bankruptcy now only lasts for 12 months so, depending on your cirumstances, you may well be better off if they do attempt to make you bankrupt.

Other people have had SDs delivered personally and then had bankruptcy petitions delivered. I would suggest that the fact that they have sent this by oridanry post is just a scare tactic and it is unlikely that they will take it further. If your position is that you wouldn't mind that they take it further then I would agree with you that the best thing is to sit back and see what happens.

People can only give advice based on what you tell us. If you had said in the first post that you were considering bankruptcy anyway then I am sure that the advice would have been not to worry about this SD. But everybody's situation is different and you cannot assume anything about what somebody wants to do.

Thank you for the reply nicklea, yes it does seem funny that they have sent this normal post, they will have no idea when and if I ever received it.

The fact they used ordinary post is a good indication they have no intention of going down bankruptcy route and used it to put the willies up you. Because of their failure it is now only deemed served if you inform them that you received it, otherwise they’d have a hard job proving otherwise. Me, if I wanted to fight it I’d only bother down the set-aside route if a SD was properly served, otherwise ignore and treat it with the contempt it deserves.

Good evening Seasider

Well, if you have nothing to lose (not own your home or anything substantial of the like), then yes indeed, sit back and relax, in any event said Default Notice (DN) is invalid on the 14 day issue, what about the arrears figure stated on said DN? Is the sum amount stated accurate?

By the way, Charlotte Gurnell is also the Senior Operations Manager for Sainsbury's Retail Bank Collections, which is also based in Halifax, Trinity Road to be precise, so who owns Aqua? Sainsbury's, Halifax, HBOS or Lloyds Banking Group? Anyone's guess.

Kind regards

The Mould