I WON! Halifax paid out £3533!!

Bubble

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5446 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am in the process of doing my schedule which I will do over the weekend and hand delivery to my local branch on Monday. I am also waiting for statements for my joint account which I requested 3 weeks ago and have not yet received. I am a bit nervous about how far it will go and will I have to take them to court, but I will not back down. Good luck

ME too!!!

Congrats on your settlement. So far no-one has a chance of loosing as they cannot provide a breakdown of charges....what made me laugh they admitted it was commercially sensitive information!!!

Halifax settled in full (29/09/06) after I submitted Moneyclaim. £3028.31 includes interest and court costs!!! They had the cheek to throw offers to me of £236 then later on £717???

It was like Deal or No Deal!!

What a great feeling to win back that money that was taken. I'm off to the Gaucho Grill in Manchester City Centre to celebrate!!

Yippeee

x:cool:

:cool: 20/07/06 - DPL sent

11/08/06 - Chased and faxed DPL letter to Halifax

1 week later received full set of statements (4 yrs)

:o 19/08/06 - Request for £2908.31 letter sent inc interest

:-| 22/08/06 - Standard resp rec'd

:oops: 5/09/06 - Offer of £236 rec'd (are they avin a laff?)

5/08/06 - Sent LBA

8/09/06 sent letter, will accept as part settlement from Halifax not full etc.

12/09/06 - Rec'd offer of £657 (6 mnths charges as full settlement)

15/09/06 - sent letter will accept as part payment on understanding I will recover the remainder etc...

:confused: 19/09/06 - Rec'd another offer of £717? No Deal!

25/09/06 - submitted moneyclaim for full amount + court costs

:D 29/09/06 - Halifax settled in full, £3,028.31

23/10/06 - Halifax credit card settled in full

20/1106 - MBNA stettled in full

23/1106 - Halifax cardcash settled in full

• 2 weeks later...

I have just had a reply back from Halifax after asking for my full refund and they have replied by saying that basically they cannot give me a breakdown of their costs but it was lawful and that if I have any more complaints then I should contact the financial services ombudsman.

What do I do now.

Please help.

I have not been so successful so far. They have just replied to my second letter telling my that they disagree with the OFT statement and that if I was not happy with their response then get in contact with the Financial Services Ombudsman. What do I do next.

Hi

I would ignore the silly standard letters they send out and go ahead and file a claim on whatever date you said you would in your LBA.

If you can't find guidance (easily) on how to fill out the claim form I will dig mine out and let you know what I wrote.

It is scary but it will be worth it :wink:

Bubble

Halifax - £3533.02 reclaimed

MBNA1 - £150 reclaimed

First Direct - £330 reclaimed

MBNA2 (OH) – £275 reclaimed

If you start your own thread flicky I am sure others will help too and will follow your progress as they did for Bubble.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.