Vintagecat99

Hadnall4x4 Beware this ebay Trader

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3127 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

This is just a warning to all you honest people out there, dont do what I did and buy a car on trust from this firm!!

Before Christmas I was looking for a particular model and specification 4x4. I found one which fitted the bill advertised by Hadnall4x4 near Shrewsbury in the claassified ads on Ebay. It was at the top end of the price range for the model and year. I phoned the guy up who gave me a walk around tour of the vehicle answering my questions as he went. He summarised it as being a good one owner vehicle with a new MOTand full service history. He agreed to hold it for me on a deposit until i could pick it up after I got back from a business trip. I did not ask for a warrenty as the distance I would have to travel to take the vehicle back made it impractical. Like an idiot I trusted the guy and paid the full price before I saw the vehicle as I was in a hurray. I went to pick it up in all the snow and bad weather. When I got to his site I signed the paperwork but before I even got out of the gate one of the tyres went flat. They put the spare on which also happened to be flat. The next day I took the tyres to be repaired only to be told that it need three new tyres. Over the course of the next few days I found out that the clutch was on its last legs, the driver's door central locking didnt work and the rear suspension needed attention. All in all it cost me nearly £2000 to get the vehicle into the condition i was led to believe it was in when offered for sale. Needless to say the owner has ignored all my letters and phonecalls requesting a contibution towards my costs. He hides behind his secretary when I phone. I have informed trading standards and they are advising me on what action I can take.

Its a shame that a few dishonest people tarnish the reputation of people trying to earn an honest living.

Don't make any further phone calls, do it all by recorded delivery letter.

Would you like to add some dates to you problem?