Starting up my own DMP from scratch...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4569 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Baz,

That's not like you. Where's the upbeat I can take on the world Baz gone?

I don't like to rub it in but I feel great today. I've today come out of one of my stranger mental ailments which meant I lost much of my memory for two days. I woke up this morning thinking it was Monday morning and cannot remember Mon or Tuesday at all. I've looked through my threads and they don't seem too bad, but I was really worried I might have dropped a real clanger somewhere as I don't remember going on the computer at all. I even thought my Mum was dead and could recite the entire reading from the Bible I read at her funeral - God knows where that came from, and I can't remember it now. Really really weird, but I'm glad I'm back to normal. Apparently I nearly punched my brother in law as I thought he was a burgalr! lol

I'm skint too if it's any help. Been trying to get the money together to pay for fuel to visit my parents next week and can't see how it's going to happen. It does get you down at times. I find doing something free that I enjoy helps take my mind off it, in my case often just going out of the front door and walking off up into the mountains for hours with my dog. There's something about the isolation, wildness and being at one with the elements that quite invigorates me.

Reflect on the huge amount you've achieved in such a short time. It is really phenomenal. I do understand though that sometimes the mere thought of not being able to do something can get you down. It does with us as we almost never go out and live incredibly simple lives, but there we go!

Hoping you feel better soon - anything I can do, let me know (except give you a loan!!!!!!!!!)

Hey cheers Tingy, Yeah great advice as always, going to get some new hobbies and start mingling more i think,

I have just 1 hour of reflecting and updated my folders and set myself some short term goals to get myself going again!!!

I know i will get there, Just need to be patient and within 3 years be debt free!!!

Good to see you are back on top form!!!

Good afternoon Vic - no you can't! I'd give everyone everything back and the country would go bust!

Marxism just don't work, does it?

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

Hi Tingy

I just came across this in his early 1844 manuscripts:

"the extension of products and needs becomes a contriving and ever-calculating subservience to inhuman, sophisticated, unnatural and imaginary appetites. Private property does not know how to change crude need into human need. Its idealism is fantasy, caprice and whim; and no eunuch flatters his despot more basely or uses more despicable means to stimulate his dulled capacity for pleasure in order to sneak a favour for himself than does the industrial eunuch – the producer – in order to sneak for himself a few pieces of silver, in order to charm the golden birds, out of the pockets of his dearly beloved neighbours in Christ. He puts himself at the service of the other’s most depraved fancies, plays the pimp between him and his need, excites in him morbid appetites, lies in wait for each of his weaknesses – all so that he can then demand the cash for this service of love. (Every product is a bait with which to seduce away the other’s very being, his money; every real and possible need is a weakness which will lead the fly to the glue-pot. General exploitation of communal human nature, just as every imperfection in man, is a bond with heaven – an avenue giving the priest access to his heart; every need is an opportunity to approach one’s neighbour under the guise of the utmost amiability and to say to him: Dear friend, I give you what you need, but you know the conditio sine qua non; you know the ink in which you have to sign yourself over to me; in providing for your pleasure, I fleece you.)"

I imagine that this is not what those who have never read Marx imagine that he wrote.

x

v

Hi Vic,

Long time no chat! I love your idea of a light bit of reading on a Thursday afternoon. It's very true that most prejudge Marx though. They only know tiny prejudiced snippets about Marxism when he actually wrote some very sensible stuff.

Hi Vic,

Long time no chat! I love your idea of a light bit of reading on a Thursday afternoon. It's very true that most prejudge Marx though. They only know tiny prejudiced snippets about Marxism when he actually wrote some very sensible stuff.

Read Das Kapital recently have you?

Presumably you agree that the reasons for Marx's widespread influence revolve around his ethical message; a "morally empowering language of critique" against the dominant capitalist society.

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

Actually DS, yes I have read it. Have you?

What I do agree with to a large extent is his view, as Vic infers to above, that the workers are only viewed as having worth in order to endlessly give renaissance to capitalism through the work they do. I think this is true of many modern companies who care little about their personnel, but more about their personnels' abilities to generate profit for them.

Edited by Tingy

Bloody hell Tingy, I'm seriously impressed,

It's rare to encounter cognoscenti these days. Kapital is flawed in that surplus value is tautological as economic theory (however the capitalist equivalent tautology of marginal utility = price is similarly cursed); personally, I don't see what Marx did wrong beyond being a bit chauvinistic and climbing lampposts drunk with Fred (Engels not our current enemy). Now, Uncle Joe was a different kettle of fish.

x

v

In the original German of course, Tingy. I'm sure there's a well thumbed thru copy in your small room. Did you agree with the author's contention that capitalist society is best characterised by structural contradictions, rather than class antagonism?

There's a copy from when I had to read it when I was doing my 2nd degree. Not my choice of bedtime reading I have to say and I would hardly call it well thumbed!

Do you know what I think sums it up? The sketch with John Cleese and the two Ronnies. I look up to him because.... I look down on him because..... Watch that and you've basically got the book.

touché!

Nice one, Ting.

Lol its all good i get more publicity this way HA HA

Yeah back on course to take on the world me old mukka, Just inboxed u regarding Very

I am about to put a scan of the letter they sent me but how do i make it so you can see it because last time it was really tiny??

Cheers Baz

Hi Tingy

What's bizarre is that the same machine kicks in whether it's £16 or 16k:

"Good afternoon

Further to your recent mail

We can confirm that we have been passed an outstanding debt by Telefonica O2 UK Limited for a balance of £16.03.

We have been advised that the mobile number was 075953125xx opened on the 27/8/08.

The balance due relates to usage up to the closing date of 27/8/08 (sic).

If you require a breakdown of the balance due this can be viewed on the O2 website.

The account has been placed on hold for 14 days for your response.

regards

Paul Naylor

Accounts Controller

GetInline.aspx?messageid=10f58941-9c07-11e0-b9a3-00215ad7133e&attindex=0&cp=-1&attdepth=0&imgsrc=cid%3aimage003.jpg%4001CC301C.2BD33020&shared=1&hm__login=andymatchet&hm__domain=hotmail.com&ip=10.13.156.8&d=d3056&mf=0&hm__ts=Tue%2c%2021%20Jun%202011%2019%3a08%3a05%20GMT&st=andymatchet&hm__ha=01_bb7bd452afbd6c22ec8142e21616e2d8e9a2fd1c54144677992fb18742c08da0&oneredir=1

Registered in Scotland No. SC84131, Registered Office: Kyleshill House, 1 Glencairn Street, Saltcoats, Ayrshire KA21 5JT"

x

v

PS I added the sic bit, it wasn't in their illeterate computer degenrated emule.